Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mavsfan23

Jose Valverde 2013 Outlook

53 posts in this topic

Anyone know when he's going to start his minor league stint? I'd like to see how he looks in his return before I think about adding him.

Rotoworld Apr 23 - 5:35 PM

Jose Valverde is expected to join the Tigers' bullpen within the next couple of days.

Valverde was spotted on a flight to Detroit on Tuesday afternoon and could be added to the major league roster as early as Wednesday. The veteran right-hander will have to first prove himself in a middle relief role before being considered for save opportunities. Joaquin Benoit remains the Tigers' primary ninth-inning man for now.

Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter

Not sure how they know how he'll be used, as nobody from the organization is quoted.

I can't beleive someone in my mixed league actually drafted this guy and held onto him, although we only have one bench spot. The guy either was very smart or very dumb.

This is awesome. I pick him up as a stash figuring he might have a shot at the closer's gig in a few weeks, then 2 hours later Leyland has already deemed him the closer!

Let's all hope the SSS minor leagues numbers are a sign of what's to come. That along with his strong velocity and weight loss reports.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 24, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Just added this guy today. I have to many closers now. Sigh...

:sigh:

been holding onto Rondon for three weeks...

I would hold Rondon for another week. As an avid Tigers fan I think this is just a last resort experiment. I don't think Valverde has anything left, and I don't think he can mentally handle the job anymore. I don't care if he dropped 15 lbs...he looked like he was pregnant with triplets last year. I'm hoping to God he comes in, promptly costs the tigers a game and they get rid of him. He will be on an extremely short leash because the tigers fans hate him and will boo him out of the D.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 24, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Just scooped him up... Dropped Cahill :(

PS: My Pitching is Bananas!!!!

I would hold Rondon for another week. As an avid Tigers fan I think this is just a last resort experiment. I don't think Valverde has anything left, and I don't think he can mentally handle the job anymore. I don't care if he dropped 15 lbs...he looked like he was pregnant with triplets last year. I'm hoping to God he comes in, promptly costs the tigers a game and they get rid of him. He will be on an extremely short leash because the tigers fans hate him and will boo him out of the D.

Then as an avid Tigers fan you know Leyland stuck with Todd Jones, loves his veterans, and will not make a rookie his closer.

He was always smoke and mirrors to a degree.

Throw the splitter, should get a lot of 2 and 3-run padded save opps. he's the best bet for Detroit.

Does this guy still have it?

He's been eating the minors for breakfast. Nothing left to prove there.

Does this guy still have it?

He's been eating the minors for breakfast. Nothing left to prove there.

Sounds good to me i want 2011 form!

Then as an avid Tigers fan you know Leyland stuck with Todd Jones, loves his veterans, and will not make a rookie his closer.

As an "avid" Tigers fan I disagree with YuSlyDog and agree with 2Balls.