Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J.T. Marlin

Dennis Pitta 2013 Season Outlook

205 posts in this topic

Anyone else really starting to really like this guy? The team just gave Flacco a monster contract, Boldin is gone, and the BAL Def could really take a step back this year. These things all really bode well for Pitta's fantasy value. He seems to be the consensus #6 TE behind Graham, Gronk, Hernandez, Gonzo, and Witten. I guess he's being appropriately ranked and likely won't be a bargain but I'm still liking his potential to build on last season's break-out.

I think TE rankings #6-10 will be very interchangeable this season. Olson, Pitta, Cook, VD...heck you could even throw in Rudolph and Daniels in there. Out of that group I would lean towards targeting Pitta and VD.

I wouldn't reach for him ahead of Antonio Gates, but in a later round if I hadn't picked up a TE, sure.

I wouldn't reach for him ahead of Antonio Gates, but in a later round if I hadn't picked up a TE, sure.

You like Gates better than Pitta for 2013??! Care to expound on that. One player is peaking in his career (Pitta) and the other is clearly on the down slope (Gates). I don't think we will ever see the old Gates again and there's no way I would target him as my starting TE.

One of my leagues is TD-heavy, so I'd definitely rather take a gamble on Gates, especially since there are other TE's with similar upside that I could still roster as my backup for Gates.

You like Gates better than Pitta for 2013??! Care to expound on that. One player is peaking in his career (Pitta) and the other is clearly on the down slope (Gates). I don't think we will ever see the old Gates again and there's no way I would target him as my starting TE.

I'm with you for the exact same reason. I'd rather take a chance on Pitta or Cook, even Olsen. So Gates will be long gone before I would take him.

No TE and only 1 WR drafted (a 7th rd selection) by BAL. Pitta should seemingly have all the targets he can handle this season. In a contract year, he's really shaping up to be one of key picks at TE this season. I will be targeting him aggressively.

I think Pitta will play more WR this year than TE. Dickson is fine at TE, but Mellete and Streeter seem raw and Doss has stone hands. Pitta should be the main target in the RZ and rack up some solid TD numbers. I like him this year, but I like all Ravens so take it for what it's worth.

Pitta is starting to look like my clear main "wait on TE late" target. If I miss out on him I may just throw in the homer pick and draft Rudolph.

I've got Pitta potentially #4 at TE right now, but think he'll settle in around #5 or 6.

Tough choice between Pitta, Tony Gonzalez and Witten for me right now in PPR, but I'm firmly putting Pitta ahead of Vernon Davis.

Ruh Roh.

@RavensInsider: Tight end Dennis Pitta carted off the field after collision with safety James Ihedigbo. Injury and severity unknown

and this is why you don't draft so far before the season :)

Because there won't be any players injured after you draft?

Yeah, I don't get why people say this. Seriously. Players will get hurt regardless of when you draft.

Yeah, I don't get why people say this. Seriously. Players will get hurt regardless of when you draft.

Ummm, maybe because the later you draft, the greater the number of injuries that will have already occurred?? Before they are on your roster??

I think more injuries happen during the season. No proof but a hunch. That being said, the injuries are piling up. Really hoping Pitta is okay. If not, Graham will keep moving up my board

I think more injuries happen during the season. No proof but a hunch

Of course they do. That doesn't change the fact that you could avoid rostering a certain percentage of injured players by having later draft dates.

Of course they do. That doesn't change the fact that you could avoid rostering a certain percentage of injured players by having later draft dates.

I understand but there are positives and negatives with early and late drafts. Sleepers are harder to get later if you draft late. I just think it's easy to say don't draft early after a couple injuries happen. I got Hamster in the 5th of a 16 team draft last year. Early can be beneficial also

I understand but there are positives and negatives with early and late drafts. Sleepers are harder to get later if you draft late. I just think it's easy to say don't draft early after a couple injuries happen. I got Hamster in the 5th of a 16 team draft last year. Early can be beneficial also

I hear you on that. I wasn't trying to make an argument that you should not have early drafts, was just responding to this comment:

"Yeah, I don't get why people say this. Seriously. Players will get hurt regardless of when you draft."

1 person likes this

I got ya. I don't know what would sting worse, losing a guy before he plays a preseason snap or losing Clinton Portis in the preseason to a shoulder injury trying to tackle a guy after an int. That sucked.

If you drafted Maclin now, would you have drafted him two weeks from now? Torn ACL? The closer to season start it is, the better you walk into the season knowing all the facts/health

If you drafted Maclin now, would you have drafted him two weeks from now? Torn ACL? The closer to season start it is, the better you walk into the season knowing all the facts/health

Yeah, but the moment you draft DeSean Jackson instead two weeks from now, he could get injured the next day at practice.

This is why it's a dumb argument.

Yeah, but the moment you draft DeSean Jackson instead two weeks from now, he could get injured the next day at practice.

This is why it's a dumb argument.

You are not understanding...the closer you draft to opening day...the better the CHANCE/PERCENTAGE you have of walking in with a solid lineup based on health of players...

It's all about percentages. Yes, ANYONE can get hurt but the fact of the matter is you get the clearest injury report going into the season. Percentages.