Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baltimore_boy

Roto Legends League

Yes it is. Seems like there are lot of people who haven't been playing ESPN. Last year was my first for this type of fantasy sports and only played at Yahoo. Not that crazy about all the problems with the draft room and how this year seemed like I had less then a 50% chance of getting in.

Not sure I like the ESPN experience though. Been looking at a lot of different leagues though and some have an app called rotoline on it. Looked like a nice way of keeping track of your roto leagues and for H2H you could have your week totals on your team page. Saw it in three different leagues but can't find it on ESPN or the net anywhere. Anyone seen something like this?

Congrats team cine cera. I am now properly humbled. So beware O's (like legit winning 9 points should make you over confident).

Yea, first time doing espn as well. Its confusing due to not knowing how to do basic things, but I am figuring it out ok. Still don't have an app for espn. I'll look into rotoline, thanks Hippie.

Don't worry AOH. In all my leagues I've ever done, I almost always follow up a great week like last week with a pitiful one.

Not worried at all.

Out of all my leagues there is only one where it is most dire to actually win (well maybe two). But the one is a redraft where the commissioner was also an opponent in a basketball league. We both were replacement managers except my team was in 9th and his was in 2nd when we took over. His father-in-law ran the league. Catching the drift? My first 6 trades were vetoed by the commissioner as being to lopsided. His first trade went sailing through (though other managers went up in arms), the dude gave away two top ten players to the commissioner. Well long story short, I got my team to 7th place (astute managing). He managed to get his team into 6th place (showed his true ability). I got a lot of crap for missing the play-offs.

I am in his baseball league now. I feel the need to crush, kill, and destroy him.

This league is going to be fun compared to that one. People through life have said I am slightly competitive. They are wrong. I am very competitive. Just hide it well

Don't worry AOH. In all my leagues I've ever done, I almost always follow up a great week like last week with a pitiful one.

I should have punted Wins and not started Hughes. Amateur.

John Buck's in Coloardo this week, watch out. Watch, the week I pick him up is the week he becomes waiver wire fodder all over again.

Some close match-ups this week, b_boy and I are 4-4-4 right now.

It's all pretty close and even matchups, but then you get to the autodrafted MeisterT team. Tony's up 8-0-4 on him, and most of the cats aren't even too close.

lol, it sticks out like a sore thumb huh? was hoping no one would notice the beatdown. I didn't even get a fake wk 1 win either

My goal for this autodraft wreck is to somehow make it competitive and finish somewhere in the middle ranks by season's end. Might be fooling myself but think have a shot of turning this team around, will see. In the meantime if any of y'all are thinking of going on a drinking binge and want to rage drop some some IFs, or closers I'll do whatever I can to support that bender ;)

Gosh darn you Zito! Herrera!

Would you guys drop Herrera for Valverde? In my yahoo league I mean ;)

I wouldn't. Herrera is still a great pitcher, just had an off night and they hit him.

I wouldn't. Herrera is still a great pitcher, just had an off night and they hit him.

Yea, he had a good day today, but no save. Not much available in my league at the moment. Holland was lights out today though, so Herrera has a long way to go.

That there Rotoline I mentioned earlier. It is nice but somehow I think it goes with ESPN Roto leagues. Just took over a team last night and the app is part of the team page already.

With astute managing, in one night mind you, I have taken an 8th place team all the way to last.

Already declined a trade for Zobrist. He wanted Phillips straight up. I actually like the trade but didn't want to seem to easy so countered with Phillips/Hosmer for Zobrist/Butler. Doubt it goes through, but I really don't want to lose a 2nd baseman who hits clean up in the Reds line up. Right move? Normal categories and Hosmer isn't worth much even with all his potential in my opinion.

I like your counter. Hopefully it goes through. This isn't our league is it?

So I'm going to the Smoky Mountains on a road trip tomorrow and I'll be gone until Thursday. Hopefully I get internets out in the sticks!

Pitching schedule only went until Wednesday, But should be good.

Man, oh man, I'm getting rolled up and smoked this week.

Don't worry, Jason Hammel has taken a monstrous dump on my era/whip. Just need Gattis and the gang to continue raking through the weekend and we'll probably split.

Seems like y'all aren't massive closer fans. I'm kinda shocked that I've gotten Reed and Holland off of waivers

Seems like y'all aren't massive closer fans. I'm kinda shocked that I've gotten Reed and Holland off of waivers

I've got 3 on my team but would have put a claim in on Reed, didn't see or expect him to be dropped.

Me I am trying something different this year (at least for me). Foregoing closers and seeing if my offense can carry enough categories to win with K's and wins of pitching.

So far it is a resounding no my offense isn't close to being good enough. My D/L players are really hurting this experiment. Except for this league where the offense just plain sucks.

It's pretty annoying to have 3 closers on your team and have 0 saves on the week, that's for sure.

Was also shocked Holland got dropped but was out of claims.

Me I am trying something different this year (at least for me). Foregoing closers and seeing if my offense can carry enough categories to win with K's and wins of pitching.

So far it is a resounding no my offense isn't close to being good enough. My D/L players are really hurting this experiment. Except for this league where the offense just plain sucks.

I'm also going with a heavy offense strategy. Figure I'm 2ish weeks from my lineup being at full strength and am mostly punting wins/strikeouts. Seeing if a slew of relievers and one or two decent starters can win me saves/holds/era/whip.

So far this week's matchup has been close, but curious to see if it'll work. Sadly I have to bail out until Monday so will have extremely limited opportunities to check until then. C'mon team cripple!

I'm also going with a heavy offense strategy. Figure I'm 2ish weeks from my lineup being at full strength and am mostly punting wins/strikeouts. Seeing if a slew of relievers and one or two decent starters can win me saves/holds/era/whip.

So far this week's matchup has been close, but curious to see if it'll work. Sadly I have to bail out until Monday so will have extremely limited opportunities to check until then. C'mon team cripple!

Are you even going to reach minimum innings pitched this week to qualify for WHIP and ERA?

I've got 3 on my team but would have put a claim in on Reed, didn't see or expect him to be dropped.

I've only got 2. I'm not too high on Holland and didn't see Reed.

You're foregoing closers, and yet you're still beating me 4-2 in saves. Perkins just gets no chances.

Ummm..just a tad curious about that last trade. I don't usually veto any trade but this one seems more then just a tad lopsided. Mr T gives Smyly ( who isn't any great shakes so far in his short career). The part that bothers me is he doesn't send anything back. No player or fictitious draft choice just plain nothing.

Think this will be the first trade I ever veto. Unless there is a real good reason for the trade. Like sabotaging the other team by having Smyly on an opposing roster?

Looking forward with great anticipation for the reasoning.

Ummm..just a tad curious about that last trade. I don't usually veto any trade but this one seems more then just a tad lopsided. Mr T gives Smyly ( who isn't any great shakes so far in his short career). The part that bothers me is he doesn't send anything back. No player or fictitious draft choice just plain nothing.

Think this will be the first trade I ever veto. Unless there is a real good reason for the trade. Like sabotaging the other team by having Smyly on an opposing roster?

Looking forward with great anticipation for the reasoning.

Yeah I think it's a little strange too. I think a trade has to have a player or something going to both teams.

It was part of the last trade. Part of the Stanton deal was he had to use a ww claim on a player of my choosing. It was/is a way for me to circumvent the 5 max pickup. I chose Slyly - it's why he picked him up in the first place.

Apologies to everyone for not getting in here sooner to explain things. Were I in your shoes I would undoubtedly have had similar doubts/concerns.