Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baltimore_boy

Roto Legends League

I'm not sure why you are all so surprised at what happened. The writing was kind of on the wall when the condescension and insult hurling started from rob etc. Honestly the only reason I'm not out is that I think my team is too competitive to ditch.

When me an tony wanted to try and start a league, it was meant to be fun. We figured most posters are already in their own leagues, but probably not in leagues with other posters. It was meant to be a fun league by true baseball fans. This whole thing seems overblown, but I don't think AOH is coming back. He send out an email about replacing him, and it seems like he has to invite someone to his team as a second owner, and then just take himself out and the other poster will take control.

Should I send out a pm to other members asking if they would have interest in taking it over, or should we just leave his team alone?

When me an tony wanted to try and start a league, it was meant to be fun. We figured most posters are already in their own leagues, but probably not in leagues with other posters. It was meant to be a fun league by true baseball fans. This whole thing seems overblown, but I don't think AOH is coming back. He send out an email about replacing him, and it seems like he has to invite someone to his team as a second owner, and then just take himself out and the other poster will take control.

Should I send out a pm to other members asking if they would have interest in taking it over, or should we just leave his team alone?

Find another person. Injuries to his team will make it unfair down the road.

Okay. I'll find someone and see if I can get them signed up for AOH's team.

I hope someone gets to this to help me out quickly. I want to get this swap done tonight. I found another poster( NyMetsfan5 answered first), so I want to delete AOH and then invite him, but it seems like the league has to be public for this (or at least it's my last guess). But when I go to make it public, it says only the creator of the league can do that. How am I not the creator? Can someone more ESPN savvy than me help me figure this out.

I hope someone gets to this to help me out quickly. I want to get this swap done tonight. I found another poster( NyMetsfan5 answered first), so I want to delete AOH and then invite him, but it seems like the league has to be public for this (or at least it's my last guess). But when I go to make it public, it says only the creator of the league can do that. How am I not the creator? Can someone more ESPN savvy than me help me figure this out.

I thought you needed to invite Metsfan first, then delete AOH. I may be mistaken. I emailed ESPN asking for help, as soon as I hear back I'll post the response.

ETA - In the meanwhile, this is all they have in the help section: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/resources/help/content?name=create-custom-league

I went back and forth in e-mails with ESPN, and apparently, since this is a custom league, that setting is unavailable for our league. We cannot replace an owner, delete an owner, or add a co-owner to any of the teams. They also said they cannot override any settings for the league. So basically, if Hippie doesn't come back, we may just be stuck with a dead team in the league. There doesn't appear to be any other options unless someone can think of anything.

Could Hippie give his password to someone? He could change it if its a significant PW to him and then give it away.

Could Hippie give his password to someone? He could change it if its a significant PW to him and then give it away.

He may. I just asked tonywow to send him a pm telling him what's going on and his options. He blocked me, so I can't send it myself.

Checking to see what progress has been made. See not to much. Sorry about blocking you but I had nothing left to offer and the messages kept coming. I also wrote ESPN help about the problem of deleting me and told BLT-Boy how they said it should be done.

As for giving my account and password to someone, that isn't going to happen. I have 5 other teams that use that account and some other stuff with ESPN.

I told BLT-Boy I would keep setting the line up till you solve the problem (doesn't really take that much time)and I want things to be fair as possible for the rest of you.

If you take me up on this, say whether you also want me to do add/drops also. I would try and make the team as strong as possible for the next manager. But no trades. Sorry no Schaffer for Upton deals. :D

I'll check back sometime tonight.

I lost to Meister :o

http://youtu.be/xos2MnVxe-c

lol, sorry you had to be the first Balt, just happened to run into Pedro Alvarez during one of his streaks plus a 2-start week from Kershaw and Hamels- and Christmas came early for me with Masterson's meltdown vs KC though guessing you won't be sending him any cards soon

And that Balt-Oak game was killing me yesterday, every time I thought I was safe Machado or Davis would get another plate appearance

lol, sorry you had to be the first Balt, just happened to run into Pedro Alvarez during one of his streaks plus a 2-start week from Kershaw and Hamels- and Christmas came early for me with Masterson's meltdown vs KC though guessing you won't be sending him any cards soon

And that Balt-Oak game was killing me yesterday, every time I thought I was safe Machado or Davis would get another plate appearance

All I needed was for them to pull Masterson, but they just kept sending him back out there. If Davis and Machado didn't keep getting AB's, I probably wouldn't have won rbi's either. I also am confused how we both have 2 closers, and you beat me by 6 in saves!

All I needed was for them to pull Masterson, but they just kept sending him back out there. If Davis and Machado didn't keep getting AB's, I probably wouldn't have won rbi's either. I also am confused how we both have 2 closers, and you beat me by 6 in saves!

Wasn't watching the Cle-KC game but yeah, I couldn't believe it either when kept seeing Masterson out there, didn't know what was going on, and it still took a lights out Kershaw to pull ahead in ratios. I wanted to puke when I saw Gregerson go into the tense SF game, was sure after all that he'd blow up and ruin everything, meanwhile Machado and Davis were ripping rbi hits pretty much every ab, we were just crazy close in so many stats.

And SVs was mostly Mariano, the Yanks and their weird lineup did just enough most nights to get a W, think Mo had 4 svs alone last week

It was only a matter of time before Masterson got rocked. He has potential but the same thing happened last year. He'll have a terrible game, real terrible, you just have to pick which one it will be.

Is there a way to put autodraft in charge of roster moves cause I effing sucked this week.

sincerely Ron Roenicke MeisterT

I guess Charlie is still managing his team. Added Dee Gordon today and managed to catch me in SB's.

Welcome back!

I guess Charlie is still managing his team. Added Dee Gordon today and managed to catch me in SB's.

Welcome back!

He said that after this past week he was done last time I messaged him. I'm not sure if he changed his mind or not, but hopefully he did.

:ph34r: Its too quiet in here :ph34r:

My Brewcrew got swept by the Cards. I guess I should just be used to it by now, but it still hurts. Ho hum...

How does phizzics hit 5 homers in one night!? There go the hitting cats for the week :(

How does phizzics hit 5 homers in one night!? There go the hitting cats for the week :(

Well, 6 actually plus one on my bench. Ridiculous night, but I've paid for it with a lot of 3 for 30 1/0/2 lines as well. Trust me, you're not out of it yet.

(I just checked my other ESPN league and the line there looked OK (5/2/4) until I realized I was 2 for 33. )

Well, 6 actually plus one on my bench. Ridiculous night, but I've paid for it with a lot of 3 for 30 1/0/2 lines as well. Trust me, you're not out of it yet.

(I just checked my other ESPN league and the line there looked OK (5/2/4) until I realized I was 2 for 33. )

At least I have my pitching working for me this week. I just don't really understand how my whole lineup is cold. Span has 2 hits on the bench, while my 13 hitters have combined for 3 hits total tonight. I got lucky to slide by Sine_cera last week with my hitting, now I'll be lucky if I can get near you with my pitching.

I just purchased MLB TV for my computer and ps3. This could get bad...