Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baltimore_boy

Roto Legends League

Can't believe I pulled off the miracle of beating Sine Cera. This week I realized the downside of relying heavily on bats. They slump. Took a Gattis ph fluke double AND his 2 pitchers getting knocked around today to raise his whip, era, and prevent him from getting one measly win.

Better lucky than good, right? :-[

Kind of strange that the one division swept the other this week. At least I didn't lose any ground to anyone.

l still don't understand how I won 5 cats against phizzics. My hitting tanked this week. Maybe one these weeks Kemp will start hitting...

Got run over by Jmad, had a night with 3 hrs, 12 rbis, and an OBP just under .400 and it got me exactly nowhere- and if anyone ever invites y'all to face a 2 start week by MadBum, it's not a pleasant experience- next time, Brewer Dude, next time! ;)

SYZKo.jpg?1

Improving my OBP by one add/drop at a time. Ellis has a .400 OBP this year, had like a .375 OBP for the whole 2012 season.

Toby's beatin' the snot of me so far. My pitching is horrible so when my offense isn't there...well, it's not pretty.

Toby's beatin' the snot of me so far. My pitching is horrible so when my offense isn't there...well, it's not pretty.

Meh, like an English buddy of mine would say "early doors yet". Not that I really understand what that means (doors to what? huh?) but definitely a long way to go. Kershaw just lost his 2nd start this week and facing Miggy is like knowing you've got a nuke in your arsenal while I've got... Mitch Moreland. Like Tony Soprano told Junior one time during their feud, "Come heavy or don't come at all"-- Mitch has been great and everything but don't think he exactly qualifies as heavy yet.

btw, you guys having troubles picking lineups tonight? There's so many lousy sps going that every hitter seems like he'll go 2-4 with 2 rbis and a couple runs. Then again these matchups probably look too good, will end up with a .098 OBP and 1 sb

Still reaping the benefits of that Kipnis waiver claim, hope it lasts through the second half.

RAZR is getting Segura'd this week. That's when Jean Segura is incredibly dominant and causes a sweep in the hitting cats so far.

I need a new team name. Open to all ideas, shtick encouraged. Any suggestions?

Still reaping the benefits of that Kipnis waiver claim, hope it lasts through the second half.

ugh, I know, I know...

Wish I had never seen that AB where saw him just give up on the play, that convinced me the dude was mentally shot, instead it was his turning point and he turned it around practically the day after

This is going to hurt. A 2-1 game and I've got Greinke and League. Why do I believe that I'm going to lose and win and save and get some damage to ERA and WHIP all at the same time?

Anyone interested in my Rafael Betancourt?

This is going to hurt. A 2-1 game and I've got Greinke and League. Why do I believe that I'm going to lose and win and save and get some damage to ERA and WHIP all at the same time?

Man, that game last night was a soul crusher for me. I own Laroche on two different teams and am also a half Nats fan (Yanks are my team but my father was born and raised in DC, spend a lot time through the years visiting family there), wanted to kill the Nats' 3B coach when he didn't send Bernadina on that shoulda-been sac fly. No rbi for Laroche, Greinke gets the W and League the SV, Nats lose, and at the end of it all I've stayed up way too late and go to bed cussing cause knew this morn would be a rough one.

anyway we're neck and neck almost across the board, going to be interesting this weekend. Changed my team name to the MC5 just to try to get my roster pumped-- kick out the jams!

I'm hoarding closers right now if anyone needs one, nice pickup on Bailey whoever made that move. Guaranteed the closer role when he returns.

Facing Toby pretty much dead even coming into today. .457 14 hits 7/5/10 for the day. I'm winning OBP, Yippeeeeee. :P

I had a fortuitous night last night (except for getting flanked hard by Bastardo's BS) but imagine the production some owners had last night, owning

Goldy, LaRoche, Aram, and J-Up (plus a certain Tribe 2B who I can't even bring myself to name) has got to be a relatively normal roster, those five alone would be what, like 8 Hrs and 20+ rbis.

Seeing some of these huge games last night made me think of the greatest single game I ever got out of one of my fantasy players: pretty sure it was Pedro Feliz of all guys, had a game with SF where he racked up 2 HRs and 9 RbIs. A young Willingham back when he had C elig with Fla had a doubleheader with 3 HRs and and like 7 rbis, Reyes and Melky each got me the cycle, and Jeff Kent once got 7 rbis by the 2nd inning, but Pedro Feliz bless his heart had the best single game of all of them.

I had a fortuitous night last night (except for getting flanked hard by Bastardo's BS) but imagine the production some owners had last night, owning

Goldy, LaRoche, Aram, and J-Up (plus a certain Tribe 2B who I can't even bring myself to name) has got to be a relatively normal roster, those five alone would be what, like 8 Hrs and 20+ rbis.

Seeing some of these huge games last night made me think of the greatest single game I ever got out of one of my fantasy players: pretty sure it was Pedro Feliz of all guys, had a game with SF where he racked up 2 HRs and 9 RbIs. A young Willingham back when he had C elig with Fla had a doubleheader with 3 HRs and and like 7 rbis, Reyes and Melky each got me the cycle, and Jeff Kent once got 7 rbis by the 2nd inning, but Pedro Feliz bless his heart had the best single game of all of them.

Don't forget Kelly Johnson. He went off last night too

Don't forget Kelly Johnson. He went off last night too

You're whole team went off last night RAZR. You had 7 homers and 18 RBI's to blow by me in both cats :(

Reminds me of Dallas Braden's perfect game. Had actually streamed him for that game in one league for little reason more than me being an Oakland homer. Sadly I had a few blowups to completely negate his greatness, but it was exciting nonetheless.

Welp nice comeback baltimore. My teams always have a reputation for being massive choke artists

Welp nice comeback baltimore. My teams always have a reputation for being massive choke artists

I thought it was a lost cause when I checked it this morning and I was down big. But Minor came through with a big K day and CarGo and Zimmerman were both beasts this week to somehow help me salvage 2 hitting cats. You had that one amazing hitting day that I thought I wouldn't come back from, but I got 2 cats.

I still find it amazing that I have 3 closers, and went the whole week without a single save at all.

Also, big props to Meister for steamrolling phizzics. He said he wanted to make the team competitive, and if he wins another week or 2 in a row, he may be able to get it back to an even .500.