Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dorsett33

Chris Archer 2013 Outlook

251 posts in this topic

With Neimann going down with shoulder surgery any chance the Rays will call up Chris Archer?

1 person likes this

Archer could be a nice speculative add, has good upside if he can gain control of his arsenal. They still have Hernandez as the 5th, but Archer could be up soon. They also have Jake Odorizzi as a fallback option should injury or ineffectiveness befall one of the 5/6.

Archer could be a nice speculative add, has good upside if he can gain control of his arsenal. They still have Hernandez as the 5th, but Archer could be up soon. They also have Jake Odorizzi as a fallback option should injury or ineffectiveness befall one of the 5/6.

Is Archer definitely ahead of Odorizzi in the pecking order?

Neimann wasnt in the rotation anyway

Yes, but Niemann was next in line in the rotation behind Carmona (I don't call him Roberto Hernandez). Archer has to be the obvious call-up if Fausto falters.

Carmona/Hernandez wont last long in the #5 spot. In my mind its either Archer or Odirizzi as their 5th. Looks like Archer had a good 1st start at Triple A Durham. He's one to watch closely.

Yeah I don't see Hernandez panning out for them, not in that division. I think we will see one of Archer or Odorizzi soon.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 9, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Yes, but Niemann was next in line in the rotation behind Carmona (I don't call him Roberto Hernandez). Archer has to be the obvious call-up if Fausto falters.

So you prefer to use a person's fake name? Ok, then, mine is Bobby McSnugglebutt

So you prefer to use a person's fake name? Ok, then, mine is Bobby McSnugglebutt

You have 17 posts and this is one of them? Good for you. I called him Fausto for years, and I like the name better.

2 people like this

Carmona/Hernandez wont last long in the #5 spot. In my mind its either Archer or Odirizzi as their 5th. Looks like Archer had a good 1st start at Triple A Durham. He's one to watch closely.

So did Odorizzi (6.2IP, 4H, 0ER, 2BB, 8K). I think Archer is probably a notch about Odorizzi in the minds of management, as Odorizzi still has some aspects to improve, but if Archer can't cut it, Odorizzi will be there to step in. Both are close to MLB-ready and both certainly have upside for fantasy purposes.

His name used to be Fausto Carmona

His name used to be Fausto Carmona

No it didn't. That's the point.

Can we please return Archers thread to Archer instead of this bickering about Hernandez's name?

Thank you.

Nice to meet you, Bobby.

I think he gets the call sometime in the coming weeks. Hernandez did not look great today, and Archer has some serious upside. He's definitely on my radar. Question is... who would you rather have in a keeper Archer or Straily?

I think he gets the call sometime in the coming weeks. Hernandez did not look great today, and Archer has some serious upside. He's definitely on my radar. Question is... who would you rather have in a keeper Archer or Straily?

More importantly, who gets the call first?

If Hernandez falters or an injury occurs, think Archer gets the call first? Just saw Odorizzi is doing even better in AAA.

The numbers alone say Odorizzi is more ready. Higher strikeout rate, lower walk rate, and overall more success so far this season. I wouldn't know though.

Is there any reason to believe Archer has been recalled? This thread got me all excited, but seems to be a let down..