Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FouLLine

Gordon Beckham 2013 Outlook

40 posts in this topic

Will Beckham finally be fantasy relevant again since his rookie season in 2009?

I'm not saying he'll be an All-Star. But a top 10 2B isn't out of the question from what his potential once showed. If he could OPS in the low 800's like he did his rookie year that would have put him 3rd last year among qualified.

I don't think a .280 batting average or 20 HRs is exactly out of the question. Beckham has just been a bit over whelmed in years past and it hindered his confidence.

Off to a solid start I think he could start building on it and really get hot.

Damn it, I just tuned into The Sox game like 20 mins ago too. They haven't mentioned it. Anyone know what happened?

He swung and complained of wrist pain. Not good. If he would've been hit by a pitch it could be worse but this is not good. getting injured without contact is not good. hopefully just a bit of discomfort during his swing. He took himself out though and I think he's guaranteed to miss at least a few games as they re-evaluate.

As a Sox fan, all I can say is bring up Carlos Sanchez and let another team use Beckham as a reclamation project.

Out 6 weeks. I never like to see an injury but I suppose this is good news for a lot of people -- mainly owners of De Aza who won't be stifled by hitting behind Gordon.

Today the Sox played Keppinger at 2B and Gillespie at 3B. Any homers know what the longer term outlook will be in terms of PT situations? Is Gillespie likely to see the majority of starts at 3B now?

Out 6 weeks. I never like to see an injury but I suppose this is good news for a lot of people -- mainly owners of De Aza who won't be stifled by hitting behind Gordon.

Today the Sox played Keppinger at 2B and Gillespie at 3B. Any homers know what the longer term outlook will be in terms of PT situations? Is Gillespie likely to see the majority of starts at 3B now?

That seems to be the case right now. They appear to be content using Gillespie at 3B, and Kepp over at 2B, with apparently Angel Sanchez getting a bit of time when needed :rolleyes: I haven't heard any rumblings of Sanchez or Morel coming up.

Either way quite a weak infield IMO (regardless of Beckham's health... hah).

I lost Rutledge, I may have to gamble on this being a breakout year for Beckham, anyone else in the same boat?

Not much else out there for 2nd base.

Looks like he had a hand surgery...could this affect his power? I didn't realize he hit 16 homers last year, that's great for an MI.

I grabbed him back up after plugging the hole with the likes of Punto, Rosales, and Mark Ellis (who got hurt). Ellis is playing decent right now so I'll keep Beckham on the bench to make sure he's ok.

Anyone else taking a chance on Beckham? There aren't many solid options out there at 2B this year. With Rutledge being demoted, Utley getting injured, and Espinosa doing absolutely nothing and a few others underachieving, Beckham might be worth taking a look at.

He should be back this weekend.

Thoughts?

Minor setback it appears...

Gordon Beckham isn't playing Friday with Triple-A Charlotte due to soreness in his surgically-repaired left hand.

Beckham had surgery in mid-April to remove the hamate bone from his hand, so the White Sox don't want to take any chances. He's expected to be held out of action until next Wednesday at the earliest.

Gordon Beckham (hand) is scheduled to resume his minor league rehab assignment Friday.

Beckham hasn't played since last Thursday due to soreness in his surgically-repaired left hand. As long as there are no other setbacks, he should rejoin the White Sox during their next homestand in early June.

I feel dirty sticking my nose in this thread as I have been burned many times by Beckham, but he is hitting .353 with 2 SB since his return from the DL earlier this week.

I feel dirty sticking my nose in this thread as I have been burned many times by Beckham, but he is hitting .353 with 2 SB since his return from the DL earlier this week.

Continues to hit for average... The power isn't there yet. But you have to think he can have a power streak -- he did hit 16 last year. The plate discipline numbers are worse this year, but he has a LD% of 32%, which supports the .372 BABIP to a degree.

In the wasteland that is MI this year, is it time to let Gordon Beckham back into our hearts? Reason to believe he can hit 8-10HRs, steal 5-6 bases and maintain a .290ish BA rest of the way? The counting stats will be down, but there is value there.

1 person likes this

A ways to go before we can proclaim post hype sleeper, but he's only 26. Positive signs.

A ways to go before we can proclaim post hype sleeper, but he's only 26. Positive signs.

A ways to go for sure.

Getting his first one should be a big boost to his confidence.

Also Feldman who has been very good this year was lights up up until Beckham touched him up.

Anyone think Greg Walker screwed up Beckham too?

A distinct possibility. He's finally made some adjustment this year.