Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jariners

Justin Grimm 2013 Outlook

46 posts in this topic

Starting tomorrow vs the Mariners. Thoughts on him as a stream? How will he look this year?

3.07 era in minors...

LOL I read through the Grimm 2012 thread and it was pretty brutal. He seems to have great minor league numbers though.

They're good, not great. A career 7.5 K/9 typically won't translate to being a strikeout pitcher in The Show.

Going against King Felix is a decent matchup? Or just because its SEA?

Still, curious about throwing him out there today.

How is Seattle a good team to stream against? They are in the upper half of the league in batting, Morse has been on fire, and as pointed out, Felix is going to be on the mound so a win is nearly impossible

I fell into the Grimm trap last year. Won't be making that mistake again.

I totally understand where you're coming from. That game against Detroit still haunts me to this day, dude got destroyed!

good call Abrunn11! If he keeps it up for a few more starts, he could stick through the all-star break. Plug him in this week too against the Twins.

His numbers are fantastic so far. Of course two starts against SEA and MIN would go a long ways to contributing to that. I haven't seen him pitch but decided to send him out there tomorrow against the White Sox. Are there improvements to his game that would make a fantasy GM believe he can have a solid season this year?

Rough start today. Read some various fantasy stuff about Grimm yesterday suggesting he simply isn't expected to be much of anything and this start to 2013 is a bit out of sorts. Anyone have anything on Grimm?

Rough start today. Read some various fantasy stuff about Grimm yesterday suggesting he simply isn't expected to be much of anything and this start to 2013 is a bit out of sorts. Anyone have anything on Grimm?

Yep, it's over. The ride was fun while it lasted. Time to go back to WW oblivion.

This poor kid is getting blown up by some of the crappiest fielding I've seen since my son's last T-Ball game. At least 3 misplays in the 1st inning that won't be considered errors but they were plays that are made 9 out of 10 times. :angry:

Rough first inning. If there's a silver lining, he threw mostly strikes, but that could just be because they kept hitting everything he threw.

his next start is in oakland, Im holding him for that

it's houston isn't it? i had a bad feeling about tonight...

his next start is in oakland, Im holding him for that

it's houston isn't it? i had a bad feeling about tonight...

its either houston or oakland, not sure about TEX rotation. either way both look decent spot starts. and yeah I sat him today, had same bad feeling.