Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mevins31

Vin Scully 2013 Season Outlook

43 posts in this topic

There is something about this guy--I know people worry about his age but I think he ages like a fine bottle of rare chardonnay.

I think Scully has the chance to be the best he's ever been for 162 games this year. Every time he's on my television I'm happy. Hats off to Vin Scully, the best in the game. The best there ever was or will be. His draft position certainly wasn't high enough in any league format.

2 people like this

I had to pass on him this year. I reached for James Andrews instead. He just racks up the points, especially in visits league.

1 person likes this

I got really drunk and accidentally drafted Hawk Harrelson

Scully = Perfection

2 people like this

health is a big concern. He's death-prone

I got really drunk and accidentally drafted Hawk Harrelson

Scully = Perfection

TRIED to rep/like both of these x 1000, but I have met my quota for "likes" for the day.

I actually would have drafted Marty Brennamen but he gets surly and often puts me in a foul mood.

I'm using a NA spot to roster Rob Dibble. My team needed some snarl, picked him up so he could tell all injured players they aren't injured to to "tought it out" & "stop being such a baby"

Look at that technique as he eloquently describes Yonder Alonso's life history. He even gives you the backdrop of Alonso's parents over in Cuba.

When Dodger Stadium is the canvas, and Scully is the man holding the paint brush, Scully owners begin to steal league categories. It's uncanny.

1 person likes this

I'm using a NA spot to roster Rob Dibble. My team needed some snarl, picked him up so he could tell all injured players they aren't injured to to "tought it out" & "stop being such a baby"

has a show about BBQ now (he's in the minors)

He absolutely factors in my nightly game decision - like you said, he just puts you in a good mood. Love sitting on the porch, few cold ones, nice west coast sunset, with Scully serenading my eyes.

The lady isn't big on him, I get a lot of - "Does that guy ever stop talking?" or "What the hell is he talking about?", haha. That's when I have to put her in check, lol.

3 people like this

I listen to Scully better than I listen to my wife.

As any good man should

I got really drunk and accidentally drafted Hawk Harrelson3e.jpg

This wasn't funny the first time. Please don't pollute a Scully thread by mentioning Harrelson.

4 people like this

as much as i hate the dodgers i'll admit Vin Scully is definitely a great broadcaster. but i'll never go out of my way to listen to him. i'll stick with Kruk and Kuip.

No disrespect west coasters, but Harry Kalas on his worst day > Scully and it really isnt close

over/under 3 more years of life?

I'm going over... the man is too sharp and has too much zest to give up anytime soon

over/under 3 more years of life?

Over.

No disrespect west coasters, but Harry Kalas on his worst day > Scully and it really isnt close

From a no-coaster POV, Scully > Kalas, but it IS close. Harry was also great.

joe buck and tim mccarver > everyone else.

legendary broadcasters. from buck's non-biased comments to mccarver's funny jokes.

Liked Joe Buck very much.

HATE McCarver. HATE.

Fun fact: Harrelson does his broadcast with a guy who actually posed for Playgirl, in Steve Stone. Is there anything more embarrassing for a dude than posing for Playgirl?

Found that out from Jason Parks at Baseball Prospectus, who posts all sorts of weird s**t on his twitter along with a lot of good info.