Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poopdungbeatle

2013 Bench Clearing Brawls Thread

215 posts in this topic

Grienke hit Quentin and Carlos charges the mound. Grienke and Quentin collide in an akward sumo style slam.

Kemp is getting crazy at bud black, "dont touch me!"

Players clear the field but then benches clear again....Kemp still mad about the pitch earlier in the game that went over his head.

Edit: Just saw the reason why the benches cleared again. No players on the field, but then Jerry Hairston runs out of the dugout toward the SD bench and starts yelling and pointing towards the SD side.

Sucks for Grienke owners as he's now pulled out of the game so no QS tonight.

This is awesome. Kemp has tried to charge the SD dugout/players twice since the benches first cleared. Greinke looked like he was crying. Had a cut near his eye/nose.

Kemp looks like a clown in all of this. He's upset over a 23mph pitch Marquis threw that wasn't anywhere drilling him in the head.

Oh boy I love some drama, can't wait to see highlights on sportscenter! Will I really see Greinke cry?

Carlos Quentin is a big dude! What's he do?

Yea Quentin is a big guy. I thought Greinke stood right in there though didn't back down to a bear charging him

This is awesome. Kemp has tried to charge the SD dugout/players twice since the benches first cleared. Greinke looked like he was crying. Had a cut near his eye/nose.

Kemp looks like a clown in all of this. He's upset over a 23mph pitch Marquis threw that wasn't anywhere drilling him in the head.

He was upset that Quentin likely injured the Dodgers #2 starter....

He was upset that Quentin likely injured the Dodgers #2 starter....

Yea, so you better listen to Matt leinarts dancing shoes!

Greinke didn't really seem like he was yelling back at Quentin. Just from the posture and demeaner, seemed like Grienke was more like, "shut up and take the f'n base".

I personally loved the way Grienke threw his glove down and was ready to throw down with a big man like Quentin!

2 people like this

Kemp is such a hothead. He should be more worried about getting back to hitting and less about getting even/starting fights.

Suspensions a possibility?

Kemp is such a hothead. He should be more worried about getting back to hitting and less about getting even/starting fights.

Suspensions a possibility?

Well, Rihanna does have a type.....

7 people like this

Quentin got hit up and in a couple days ago, seems he has a short fuse/is on edge.

Since we're on the subject of mound charging...

My favorite of all time.

5 people like this

Only suspension for sure is Quentin I would assume. Don't know all the details of the Hairston stuff or what Kemp was trying to prove but they never really did anything. Greinke definitely wasn't intentionally hitting Quentin

kemp was so mad because he had a fastball thrown over his head earlier in the game. and i loved the way greinke handled it, much smaller guy but wasnt afraid and just shouldered up w/ him like ina football drill.

Huh? What were you watching?

Greinke stood his ground and did seem particularly phased by all of it. I didn't see a cut or any punches thrown.

Kemp may have been upset about a ball high and tight or may have been upset about Quentin charging the mound. Not sure why Quentin was so irate -- if there is a history, if Greinke said something or if he is just ornery these days. It didn't look like Greinke was trying to hit him.

So why did Kemp get ejected? I didn't see him hit anybody. Just a bunch of yelling. No wonder Black seemed to agree with the umpires.

I don't remember Quentin charging the mound before but I do remember him getting plunked a ton with the Diamondbacks, in the minors and at Stanford. I thought he didn't mind getting hit.

I don't remember Quentin charging the mound before but I do remember him getting plunked a ton with the Diamondbacks, in the minors and at Stanford. I thought he didn't mind getting hit.

Dunno but apparently he has been hit 3 times by Grenkie in his career. Including once near his face a few years ago..

1 person likes this

what the heck was that fight anyway. Neither even threw any punches they just ran into eachother. That was pathetic.

Was that the first time Quentin charged the mound? Maybe after getting hit 116 times he finally had enough.

He's never charged the mound before. Seems like there's a few small skirmishes every year, but it's rare to see a guy go into a full on sprint to the mound anymore.

The last two mound charging incidents I can remember were Youkilis charging Rick Porcello and Coco Crisp charging James Shields.