Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pusherman

Oswaldo Arcia 2013 Outlook

103 posts in this topic

Just got called up. Could be temporary according to the report. Is he worth picking up, and what are the chances he stays up? Hicks has been awful, so it seems if he outplays him, there could be some potential for a long-term stay.

The slumping Minnesota Twins apparently will try to get a lift from one of their top prospects.

The team will call up highly regarded prospect Oswaldo Arcia for Monday's game against the Los Angeles Angels, the Star Tribune reported.

Arcia, 21, is hitting .414 with three home runs in nine games this season at Triple-A Rochester.

He replaces Wilkin Ramirez, who left the team and was placed on paternity leave after his wife went into labor on Saturday.

Welcome to the show kid! Just added him for speculation's sake.

The slumping Minnesota Twins apparently will try to get a lift from one of their top prospects.

The team will call up highly regarded prospect Oswaldo Arcia for Monday's game against the Los Angeles Angels, the Star Tribune reported.

Arcia, 21, is hitting .414 with three home runs in nine games this season at Triple-A Rochester.

He replaces Wilkin Ramirez, who left the team and was placed on paternity leave after his wife went into labor on Saturday.

Welcome to the show kid! Just added him for speculation's sake.

Hicks2.0? Nahhh, can't be that bad. Can it? Nahh

he's Jon Jay w/o the steals!

+15-25 home runs and -15-25 steals and you might be on to something . . . ^_^

Just got called up. Could be temporary according to the report. Is he worth picking up, and what are the chances he stays up? Hicks has been awful, so it seems if he outplays him, there could be some potential for a long-term stay.

The only issue with that is Arcia does not play CF. He would need to take AB's from Parmalee if he is to stay up.

The only issue with that is Arcia does not play CF. He would need to take AB's from Parmalee if he is to stay up.

How tough is it to make the transition? If either he or Parmelee could do so, it would give the Twins a ton of flexibility.

Added him as a speculative add. Sitting in my NA spot right now. Hopefully he produces and sticks. Heres to finding out boys.

1 for 1 so far. Off to a better start than hicks. Maybe he could stick around.

1 for 1 so far. Off to a better start than hicks. Maybe he could stick around.

To be fair, it's not much of a challenge to get off to a better start than Hicks. It would be more impressive if he got off to a worse start. Arcia should have a role soon. Hicks won't last much longer unless he turns it around. Looks really overmatched.

Yeah I know just trying to get a chuckle with that one. Arcia could def stick regardless of what they do with hicks.

Yeah I know just trying to get a chuckle with that one. Arcia could def stick regardless of what they do with hicks.

Arcia is a much better option than Hicks.

Twins should have sold Hicks after the solid year in the minors last year coupled with his spring training hat trick.

Back in the line-up again tonight. I thought he looked really good in his first appearance, comfortable. He certainly passes the eye test.

Bump because he took the defector ddeeeepppp! In Minnesota. Dude has some pop.

I really like this kid. He's real young but looks like a pure hitter and has some real nice pop.

Oswaldo should eventually be an everyday player for the Twins. Can't see Hicks, Parmelee, or Wilkin getting AB's over him. I agree with Zumayaaaa, this kid looks like a really good hitter and has all the tools (AVG, Power, OBP).

Oswaldo should eventually be an everyday player for the Twins. Can't see Hicks, Parmelee, or Wilkin getting AB's over him. I agree with Zumayaaaa, this kid looks like a really good hitter and has all the tools (AVG, Power, OBP).

He's hitting 3rd in the night cap.

dudes scorching right now. might have to consider him although i hate burning my last weekly pickup this early in the week.

I spotted him to fill out my Thursday roster. Might have to make it a long term pick up. He's looking legit.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 10, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Picked him up and in doing so I finally felt comfortable getting ride of Weeks so I feel like I'm already ahead. Whatever happens from here on out is gravy. Will be starting in one of my UTL spots tomorrow.