Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rdf8585

Wil Myers OF TB

Myers was taken in the third round this year, though he had first round talent. He slipped because he was demanding a lot of money, but KC gave him a $2 million bonus.

They are glad they did. Myers has been beastly in the Pioneer League:

24-55, 5 2B, 1 3B, 4 HR, 7 BB, 12 K, 2 SB

"With all the candidates to be KC's #1 prospect at season's end - Hosmer, Moustakas, Montgomery - I think the answer is actually Wil Myers." - Rany Jazayerli

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=571976

Now that Myers has moved to OF, what's his ETA to the majors? Are we looking at a June 2012 call-up? When does he bring his talent to Kauffman?

I'm think you're likely right with your Summer 2012 prediction. Possibly just a cup of coffee in 2012 and an arbitration-clock influenced 2013 call up.

Is it possible he's up for good by June of 2012 or is he still a few years away?

Highly unlikely. Catcher is the one position that generally won't get rushed to the bigs. If the glove isn't ready but his bat is the earliest I could see him in the bigs would be a September call up. But even that isn't likely. Also the bat before the glove route (DH/1B) is blocked pretty well by Butler, Kila, and Alex Gordon if needed.

Myers isn't all that great behind the plate and will likely make it up as an outfielder. Jeff Francouer isn't great so he could be easily replaced with Myers if he's ready to hit in the majors.

Myers isn't all that great behind the plate and will likely make it up as an outfielder. Jeff Francouer isn't great so he could be easily replaced with Myers if he's ready to hit in the majors.

It is insane to think that Will Myers at 20 will be a better big league OF than Jeff Francouer at 27. Especially when KC specifically holds big hopes for Frenchy.

Even if the extremely unlikely event occurred in which a 20 year old Will Myer was an equally as good hitter as a 27 year old Francouer, why would KC start Will Myer's clock earlier to play over an extremely cheap (2.5 mil) veteran in Francouer?

Frenchy has a career OBP of .309...I wouldn't be surprised if Myers could manage that.

Not sure why any team would hold high hopes for Francouer..he's proven he can't hit major league pitching.

FWIW, Myers is no longer being brought up as a catcher, he has been moved to right field, so any talk of his play behind the plate is unnecessary any more. That being said, late 2012 and a may/june 2013 call-up for good is likely if he continues to hit the way he did last year.

FWIW, Myers is no longer being brought up as a catcher, he has been moved to right field, so any talk of his play behind the plate is unnecessary any more. That being said, late 2012 and a may/june 2013 call-up for good is likely if he continues to hit the way he did last year.

That seems awfully late to me. I thought the whole reason for the move to OF was to get his bat to the big leagues ASAP. I was thinking there would be some hope he could be a "super-2" June call up next year.

That seems awfully late to me. I thought the whole reason for the move to OF was to get his bat to the big leagues ASAP. I was thinking there would be some hope he could be a "super-2" June call up next year.

defantiely a strong possiblity........starting the year at AA and if he rips that he'll be in AAA by the second half......then just a hot streak away from the bigs

Seems to be regressing this year. By quite a lot actually.

Yep. Very bad year for him. Don't know if it has anything to do with the adjustment to the OF, but it has not been pretty for him. Has already started dropping in prospect rank lists.

The amount of walks is encouraging and he's still only 20 in AA. Very young.

nice start to the season, wonder if cain comes back and still not hitting if they can move frenchy or gordo to center and slot this kid in right and let him make a homser like impact this season?

nice start to the season, wonder if cain comes back and still not hitting if they can move frenchy or gordo to center and slot this kid in right and let him make a homser like impact this season?

I think that would be a bad idea. Pushing him yielded a very down year. Let him get his mojo back and tear up AA and/or AAA for a year

He's gone deep in 4 straight games.

On the season in AA: .342/.394/.722 (1.115 OPS) 11 HRs, 9 doubles, 4 SBs

My only concern is the Ks. 36 of them in 115 ABs versus 10 BBs.

He's gone deep in 4 straight games.

On the season in AA: .342/.394/.722 (1.115 OPS) 11 HRs, 9 doubles, 4 SBs

My only concern is the Ks. 36 of them in 115 ABs versus 10 BBs.

Funny how that works. We get on him for lack of power when he has a good BB/K rate, and now he has a poor BB/K rate and showing the pop we all have been waiting for.

yeah i am a tad confused...started there yesterday started again today but had to move because some other outfielder got injured and just read on milb.com planning on starting and playing whole game there tomorrow? and they drafted him as a third baseman so he feels natural there he says...i thought he was a catcher to start? also is there a clearer path to the show at third base? cause last i checked they had a pretty good prospect already there in moustakas? he had been playing center field which seems to me there is an opening at in the majors...anyone have any insight on this move? trade bait? or is moustakas on the outs? some how already....also hit two more bombs on a side note

yeah i am a tad confused...started there yesterday started again today but had to move because some other outfielder got injured and just read on milb.com planning on starting and playing whole game there tomorrow? and they drafted him as a third baseman so he feels natural there he says...i thought he was a catcher to start? also is there a clearer path to the show at third base? cause last i checked they had a pretty good prospect already there in moustakas? he had been playing center field which seems to me there is an opening at in the majors...anyone have any insight on this move? trade bait? or is moustakas on the outs? some how already....also hit two more bombs on a side note

He won't play CF everyday in the majors. Frency has a year left on his contract and he should be ready to take over after that. Still say hes gotta put the power and BB/K rate together though. Power showed up this year but BB/K rate went by by.

not super concerned about his k's and bb's they will normalize out....and not real concerned about his position other than what are the royals plans? i mean you take a bat like his and usually try it at a position that gets it in the majors as soon as possible a move to third base to me means a delay unless they have something else in mind....

not super concerned about his k's and bb's they will normalize out....and not real concerned about his position other than what are the royals plans? i mean you take a bat like his and usually try it at a position that gets it in the majors as soon as possible a move to third base to me means a delay unless they have something else in mind....

It's more throw him a bone than anythingh else. Moose has started to hit, and is fielding great. 41 K's in 34 games should be worrysome.