Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rdf8585

Wil Myers OF TB

Considering how bad KC played early on and how they are only 4-5 games back... isn't it time they bring Myers up? Trade Francouer to someone like Boston for one of their SP and stick Myers in RF. Wake up KC.

It's more throw him a bone than anythingh else. Moose has started to hit, and is fielding great. 41 K's in 34 games should be worrysome.

throw him a bone by messing around and letting him playing some random position that he won't play in the majors? maybe they thought these k's your worried about have been caused by playing in the outfield though he played there last season as well and was fine in the k/bb department

IF Myers has sucess in AAA, then I could see a cup of coffee in the majors in late July or August. I don't think any sooner then that. Well deserved promotion to say the least.

When Chris Davis was his age, he hit .322/.380/.645 with a 25% K-rate at AA (301 at bats)

Wil Myers is hitting at AA: .343/.414/.731 with a 31% K-rate at AA (134 at bats)

If you ask me, he's still ahead of the development curve but there are holes in that swing that need to be corrected. Prospects have shown before that being pushed too aggressively hurts their development. And to top it off, Myers HIMSELF showed last year that being pushed too hard doesn't really agree with him. My opinion, but he's not ready for MLB this year.

Promoted to AAA. If he hits in AAA could the Royals try to swap Frenchy for a pitcher and bring Myers up?

I could see Myers being used as trade bait. No one is going to give up a great starter for Frenchy, this isn't MLB 2K12.

I didn't say great starter. I'm sure thay could get a serviceable arm though. Additionally, these trades often include multiple players. Something like Frenchy and a prospect for an arm.

Edit: I'd also be shocked if they traded Myers.

Really liking this kid and his power surge. If he continues to hit I can see him up by July. C eligible in Yahoo.

Really liking this kid and his power surge. If he continues to hit I can see him up by July. C eligible in Yahoo.

Really? He played exactly 0 games at catcher in 2012 or in 2011. I wonder if he doesn't get called up if Yahoo would just be sloppy and let him retain C eligibility for another year.

Really? He played exactly 0 games at catcher in 2012 or in 2011. I wonder if he doesn't get called up if Yahoo would just be sloppy and let him retain C eligibility for another year.

No.

When Chris Davis was his age, he hit .322/.380/.645 with a 25% K-rate at AA (301 at bats)

Wil Myers is hitting at AA: .343/.414/.731 with a 31% K-rate at AA (134 at bats)

If you ask me, he's still ahead of the development curve but there are holes in that swing that need to be corrected. Prospects have shown before that being pushed too aggressively hurts their development. And to top it off, Myers HIMSELF showed last year that being pushed too hard doesn't really agree with him. My opinion, but he's not ready for MLB this year.

It's not insignificant, but this is also the first time he's struck out at a high rate in his career. A 140 or so at bats in AA don't radically change everything about him. And plenty of good prospects struck out a bunch - Giancarlo Stanton is one that pops into mind. This could just be sample size

2-5 yesterday... keep hitting and he'll get called up this year!

I'm sorry but these two are nothing alike. Myers minor league career shows he has patience.

I'm sorry but these two are nothing alike. Myers minor league career shows he has patience.

I agree. But it does show there are some things he needs to still adjust to and figure out. My point is lets not go crazy and promote him beyond where he is ready just because he has a bunch of homers. Let him figure everything out, and then he'll be great in MLB when he arrives.

A lot of good reasons to keep him down....That is if you are not me....

I am in the #1 slot in my keeper auction league (his cost would be $6 next year) with the WW...So, my opinion is...Bring that man to the big club ASAP!!!! :P

Just added him in my 16 team Yahoo league.

Catcher eligible seems appealing.

Hopefully he gets the call sooner than later

Just added him in my 16 team Yahoo league.

Catcher eligible seems appealing.

Hopefully he gets the call sooner than later

Not on 40 man roster. Sept 1st would be the soonest if they want to make room then. I think they may give him a crack then

Not on 40 man roster. Sept 1st would be the soonest if they want to make room then. I think they may give him a crack then

Not true. They have room on the 40 man right now. Duffy and Wood who are having Tommy John this week will open up two 40 man roster spots. He could be here in 2-3 weeks if he keeps hitting and the Royals manage to stay within 3-5 games of 1st.

Not true. They have room on the 40 man right now. Duffy and Wood who are having Tommy John this week will open up two 40 man roster spots. He could be here in 2-3 weeks if he keeps hitting and the Royals manage to stay within 3-5 games of 1st.
Could be, but at the time of my post this was not hapaning. Still not many teams add a player to the 40 man till they have to. Just think of some of the players they can scoop up

avg. up after hitting .417 since the promotion and bombs on back to back nights....more scheduled third base.... milb.com....calling him the allen craig of the royals expecting him to possibly get starts at all three outfield spots first and third base possibly when promoted getting him full time ab's but at a varity of positions....guess time will tell what they'll do

Can Frenchy or Gordon handle CF adequately?? Bring this guy up and let him play a corner OF spot........Why would they play him at 3B unless Moustakas is on the hot seat??

Anyone want to take an educated guess on when he gets called up?

I'm not really seeing what positions he gets regular at bats at... if the OF, does that mean the Royals are giving up on Lorenzo Cain already?

I was thinking they call him up and send Hosmer down, but Hosmer had a good game 2day.

Moose is going nowhere, and Frenchy or Gordon will not be playing CF. 2 bad 1 of these guys can't play 2B or CF everyday