Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rdf8585

Wil Myers OF TB

The Rays scored 8 runs. Yet the it's the hitters fault they didn't win. Yep, that's the logics of frustrated Fantasy baseball owners.

Save yourself the agony and stop analyzing each and every AB by a Rays hitter. He's NOT getting called up yet.

Honestly, the Rays are following MO here - they're waiting to be sure Myers won't qualify for Super-2. It's that simple at this stage. As some players like Ackley & Montero have shown, just because hot prospects get called up doesn't mean they're here to stay. So, while it's likely Super-2 has passed, no doubt the Rays are ensuring some "cushion" exists in case guys get sent down who looked like they had more service time - Nick Franklin, Tony Cingrani, etc.

I'd guess that once we see the true elite callups - Gerrit Cole, Oscar Taveras (assuming he's healthy and there's room), Zack Wheeler - then we'll sniff a callup. And no doubt, the Rays want to see if Cole stays up. Because Super-2 involves the top 22 percent of players with service time, every time a player gets called up, the date moves forward...but every time a hot rookie gets sent down, the date gets pushed back, too. So, no doubt guys like Cingrani & Franklin (to see if they stay up), and pending callups - they'll influence the Rays. I hate it, as I think their window to compete at an elite level is only so long, but I've seen it the last 3-4 years to think this will change.

What does it mean? For sure, wait until Cole & Wheeler are up, and up for good. If Cingrani is up & sticking, and we see other big callups (if he was healthy, Yelich, for example) - you'll see the Rays act. Doubt we see anything until after Cole & Wheeler are up & confirmed to be staying....

Just hit #13.

YES! keep cranking em out kid! Show the big club what there missing!!!!

Luke Scott is sure holding down the fort with his constant 0/#fers games....

Really not sure what's going on here. I was shocked when Myers did not get the call last year. And I almost expected the Rays, depsite being notoriously cheap, to call him up once they guaranteed themselves an additional year before free agency. Now that the Super-2 deadline has likely passed, not sure what the hold up is. Are the Rays still worried about a Super-2 threat?

After the pathetic perfromance Luke Scott/Kelly Johnson continued to show, especially last night, I expected to wake up to news that Scott had been DFA'd and Myers had been called up.

0 for 3 and another k tonight gonna have to stay hot if your going to force your way up...

One Tampa paper just had a column where one of their writers implored the Rays to call him up now while another had a short article on him where Wil wishes he could be called up this weekend to sock it to his old team.

All of which means... not a chance he's getting called up this weekend,

Yeah would have been something for to have been called up last night home game series opener against former team and wil hits a bomb.

Fuld started today....LOL and Rays are losing more they are on a losing streak now in fact....

Another night of suckitude from Scott Johnson, another night WM in AAA. I honestly would not be surprised if we're here in late July speculating on his callup date. I can see Friedman with a devilish grin as he scrolls the tweets and boards from fans and writers alike clamoring for this kid's callup. No way it happens 'til Monday at the earliest just b/c he told a writer that he wouldn't be called up this week and because it would just make too much sense.

Kid must have pissed the baseball gods in the worst way. Any other organization but KC ans maybe St. Louis he'd be up by now, regardless of position glut.

Another night of suckitude from Scott Johnson, another night WM in AAA. I honestly would not be surprised if we're here in late July speculating on his callup date. I can see Friedman with a devilish grin as he scrolls the tweets and boards from fans and writers alike clamoring for this kid's callup. No way it happens 'til Monday at the earliest just b/c he told a writer that he wouldn't be called up this week and because it would just make too much sense.

Kid must have pissed the baseball gods in the worst way. Any other organization but KC ans maybe St. Louis he'd be up by now, regardless of position glut.

Even KC isn't that dumb anymore. They have David Lough routinely starting over Frenchy now.

Worst part is Scott has 3 or 4 hits in his last 2 games. He's going to go on a streak where he hits 330 for the next month and then .095 the rest of the season, but the Rays will keep him in the line-up because of that one month.

With Cobb almost certainly headed to 7 day concussion DL you would think it would be a good opp to call him up. You would think...

But Scott looks to be on one of his hot tears (probably will last only a few days but that should be enough to make sure he's not not benched for a month) and even though Kelly Johnson couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if you threw it at him right now he not only plays almost everyday but bats 3rd sometimes.

3 for 4 no k's makes that homer look even better

It is a total joke at this point. Not right to keep this kid down

I would say he gets the call by Wednesday or Thursday...No source or anything, just a gut feeling...

Whenever I see this thread bumped to the top, I keep hoping someone is breaking the news that he got the call. Disappointment everytime. The updates are appreciated though.

Any chance he joins the team in Boston tomorow?