Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rdf8585

Wil Myers OF TB

Not to rain on the growing hype mojo in this thread. But unless Cain has had a setback I'd imagine he is due to come back up and replace Dyson soon. I will speculate that with Francoeur on fire they are going to ride him and see if a contender shows some interest in him. And if or when he is dealt that's when they'd call up Myers around mid to late July. Of course if Cain is still hurting in the next week or so they could very well bring Myers up sooner. But I just feel like his callup will be tied to when they move Frenchy.

I have heard talk they see him as an their version of Craig but even if that is true I don't think that extends to 2B and SS. But given his youth there is no real reason to rush him up there unless there is a clear need because of some injury. That said he could be a sweet prize for those who lost out on Harper and Trout with his exciting tools.

If KC keeps it close like they are right now, there is no way he doesn't get called up unless he goes into a 3-76 slump. Cain looked like a clown once the season started and he wasn't facing pitchers who were "working on their pitches" There is no way KC would keep Myers down in the race for the division or a wild card spot. Pretty sure they can look at what other impact rookies have done for their teams in previous years...

If KC keeps it close like they are right now, there is no way he doesn't get called up unless he goes into a 3-76 slump. Cain looked like a clown once the season started and he wasn't facing pitchers who were "working on their pitches" There is no way KC would keep Myers down in the race for the division or a wild card spot. Pretty sure they can look at what other impact rookies have done for their teams in previous years...

So you are 1 of the few that thinks Myers can play CF everyday? I don't see it

So you are 1 of the few that thinks Myers can play CF everyday? I don't see it

the royals evidently feel the same way because he is actually playing quite a bit of centerfield in the minors

Tearin' it up today ..............The Royals could use him somewhere

Yeah 2B or C.

i saw this guy when he left HS in a batting cage in greensboro. random, just saw him and was saying to my son, "hey, remember this kid?". never seem someone hit like him up close and that was 3 years ago.

Stashed him last night.

would you stash him in a re-draft league?

Stashed him last night.

would you stash him in a re-draft league?

Pretty sure thats what he's in. If he's not taken in some1's minor league system i want in that league.

no minors in my league though

Yeah never heard of a redraft with minors. Guess you missed my point. If he's not taken in a league it has to be redraft, cause every other league with keepers he better be taken.

my 20 team redraft league has two minor spots. hes 100% worth the spot

in your position not worth it until he gets the call

Myers line last night, kid continues to rake:

In the Pacific Coast League, No. 2 Royals prospect Wil Myers went 3-for-4 with two doubles, two runs scored and two RBIs to lead Omaha over New Orleans, 6-3.

Is it realistic to think he might be called up sometime in the next month? Im thinking about stashing him maybe dropping doumit. This league is ultra competetive and most of the decent prospects are already taken. Myers has already been picked up and dropped once. I just know when Lorenzo Cain comes back its going to be tough putting Myers in the outfield with Dyson & Maier already in center. Maybe they trade fancoeur. I think though the only way he gets brought up is to play OF. Thoughts on arriving anytime soon?

Is it realistic to think he might be called up sometime in the next month? Im thinking about stashing him maybe dropping doumit. This league is ultra competetive and most of the decent prospects are already taken. Myers has already been picked up and dropped once. I just know when Lorenzo Cain comes back its going to be tough putting Myers in the outfield with Dyson & Maier already in center. Maybe they trade fancoeur. I think though the only way he gets brought up is to play OF. Thoughts on arriving anytime soon?

a month or less sounds about right...16 teamer and doumit is just bench space it would be a no brainer to me to add myers

Myers line last night, kid continues to rake: In the Pacific Coast League, No. 2 Royals prospect Wil Myers went 3-for-4 with two doubles, two runs scored and two RBIs to lead Omaha over New Orleans, 6-3.

Every time I see No. 2 prospect.. can someone tell me who the #1 prospect is!? It can't be Bubba Starling, he hasn't even played a minor league game yet.

Myers line last night, kid continues to rake: In the Pacific Coast League, No. 2 Royals prospect Wil Myers went 3-for-4 with two doubles, two runs scored and two RBIs to lead Omaha over New Orleans, 6-3.

Every time I see No. 2 prospect.. can someone tell me who the #1 prospect is!? It can't be Bubba Starling, he hasn't even played a minor league game yet.

Myers can't be #2 on the Royals. Must be a typo.

Maybe #2 in the league? Now that Harper and Trout are up that would sound about right, behind Bauer.

Maybe #2 in the league? Now that Harper and Trout are up that would sound about right, behind Bauer.

Bauer can't be #1. That would be Bundy or Profar.

Most lists have Mike Montgomery as the #1. Some even have Bubba Starling as the #2. Then some have Wil as the #1.

i saw this guy when he left HS in a batting cage in greensboro. random, just saw him and was saying to my son, "hey, remember this kid?". never seem someone hit like him up close and that was 3 years ago.

Played Varsity ball at Wesleyan while Myers was on the JV... kid has always been able to square up a ball.