Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slatykamora

Marlins v Reds Game-Day Thread (4-18-2013)

208 posts in this topic

Lets Do this!

Figure lots of eyes will be on this game. With the 2 prospects.

Should be a fun game, but Cingrani is no Fernandez. He's a couple of tiers below.

After 20 pitches you have decided that?

I saw Cingrani pitch in the minors a lot and I thought he threw too many fastballs (and he struggled to find the zone even when he was goign). I passed on him because I figured big leaguers can hit non-David Price fastballs.

Nothing but 4-seamers.

Yea, I'm curious how he'll do the second time through the lineup.

I really was hoping Cingrani would throw at least a show me breaker or changeup. Even in 2-2 counts it was nothing but 4-seamers. Deceptive delivery or not cant see that playing long term.

I really was hoping Cingrani would throw at least a show me breaker or changeup. Even in 2-2 counts it was nothing but 4-seamers. Deceptive delivery or not cant see that playing long term.

He doesn't throw breaking balls that much. I don't think that'll change in the majors.

I saw Cingrani pitch in the minors a lot and I thought he threw too many fastballs (and he struggled to find the zone even when he was goign). I passed on him because I figured big leaguers can hit non-David Price fastballs.

I read the scouting report too.

1 person likes this

Happy Cingrani got through the first without getting blown up.

Could still happen, but at least nerves didn't get to him.

I read the scouting report too.

Scouting reports all tout an excellent changeup. Which isn't all that. I would love to see one that says what I noted above. He's a kid who has gotten by this year on just throwing fastballs. Whatever scouting reports that are out there that have noticed that I'd love to read.

This Fernandez kid is pretty incredible. Hitting 97 several times...