Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baltimore_boy

Miguel Gonzalez 2013 Outlook

88 posts in this topic

Gonzalez came out of nowhere last year and ended up being very good. He had a good first 2 starts to the year, but has nothing against Tampa tonight. Really struggling with command and the Rays are jumping all over his pitches.

Last year was a mirage, this guy will suck this year and come down to earth, I see him losing rotation spot in 2-3 weeks.

Gets to one out away from a QS and gives up a homer to Jose Molina. Now its the worst kind of start, eating up innings without any k's or QS while hurting ratios.

I aint scared of no Yankees! A great stream tomorrow!

I like him in the long run but not for tomorrow <_<

Anyone rolling with him tonight? i am in a limited starts per week league and I'm a bit wary even though the Angels aren't that great.

Anyone rolling with him tonight? i am in a limited starts per week league and I'm a bit wary even though the Angels aren't that great.

Pretty much every O's starter is significantly better on the road. Which makes sense, since Camden is such a hitter's park and the O's starters are mostly flyball pitchers who get punished with home runs more at home.

I'd recommend starting him only on the road, but that's just me.

Losing Wacha and Cingrani- I've picked G back up

I'm curious why this guy isn't streamed or owned more?

He's doing well

AL East pitchers are tough to get on board with for me. His next 3 are vs. BOS, @TOR, and vs. CLE. After that is @CWS but then vs. TEX and vs. TOR again. Just a rough stretch.

Did pretty well today... don't know if his luck will continue.

Why luck?

1 person likes this

more than luck involved with the way he's K'ing batters. his skills fully support the results.

Phrased that wrong lol, is this sustainable? Wondering all the stats people's take on him.

All his stats are on line with his career. LOB%, BABIP, K/9, HR/9, etc. This may just be the real Miguel Gonzalez and I don't see why he can't keep it up. He may have a little regression, but he should stay useful in almost all leagues.

6.2 IP 3 ER 9K and in line for the win -- not great but not bad; glad Kluber wasn't on my wire

ya i streamed him tonight too. definitely happy with the Ks, ERA and whip could be a bit better, but overall not terrible, and he's in line for the win.

The K's are a big surprise, but this guy has been good for a year+ now. I think he's a solid guy to have at the end of your rotation. He'll get W's even when he doesnt pitch perfect.

Bummer. His start has been pushed back to Friday. Now he'll be facing the Yanks instead of the White Sox.

Slight bummer, but it's not like the Yankees are really killing it right now either.