Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pfresh

2012-2013 Western Conference Playoffs

639 posts in this topic

WESTERN CONFERENCE - FIRST ROUND

(1) Oklahoma City vs. (8) Houston

(2) San Antonio vs. (7) L.A. Lakers

(3) Denver vs. (6) Golden State

(4) L.A. Clippers vs. (5) Memphis

Predictions:

Okc in 5

Lakers in 7

Denver in 6

Clippers in 6

Definitely going to be more entertaining than the Eastern Conference.

Anyone think the Lakers have a shot at a monumental upset? Dunno if old man Duncan can handle an inform Howard and Gasol.

Anyone think the Lakers have a shot at a monumental upset? Dunno if old man Duncan can handle an inform Howard and Gasol.

spurs would have to be favored but i wouldn't be surprised if the lakers win.

anyone giving the warriors a chance against denver?

I think the Spurs handle Dwight similarly to how they handled Amar'e back in 2005: let him score at will.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stoudam01/gamelog/2005/#pgl_basic_playoffs::none

Amar'e averaged 37 ppg in that series and the Suns lost in 5. The only game the Suns won, he scored his series low of 31. Pau adds a wrinkle to this strategy, but I think Duncan can contain Pau.

I think the Spurs handle Dwight similarly to how they handled Amar'e back in 2005: let him score at will.

http://www.basketbal..._playoffs::none

Amar'e averaged 37 ppg in that series and the Suns lost in 5. The only game the Suns won, he scored his series low of 31. Pau adds a wrinkle to this strategy, but I think Duncan can contain Pau.

the question is, can they stop Steve Blake?

Cant stop him, you can only hope to contain him

Looks like nash is going to be back. You definitely wont see blake score 20+ points out there thats for sure.

Looks like nash is going to be back. You definitely wont see blake score 20+ points out there thats for sure.

Honestly. I would rather start Blake over Meeks, Meek is suppose to be a shooter, but he is just an average one IMO. He gives good effort on defense, but effort can only get you so far. Nash/Blake/MWP/Gasol/Howard would be the lineup I would go with. Blake could could help Nash with some ball handling.

Cant stop him, you can only hope to contain him

White mamba 2.0

If Pau and Howard feel it in the 1st round, then Spurs will def be in for a torrid time. Don't see Duncan handling 2 all star front court players by himself.

But I'm afraid its the Lakers brittle back court and wings that will be their down fall.

Nash and MWP are coming into this series not at 100% while blake is blake.

Curry playing like absolute s--- but the warriors are still up at the half. Cmon curry activate human torch mode and put this s--- away

Denver-GSW is the only interesting 1st round series. If Memphis can win a couple at home, then that could be interesting.

The rest of this first round is: ZzzzZzzzzZzzzz. Such a snoozefest. Eastern Conference is just putrid.