Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DocJ

Chris Ivory 2013 Season Outlook

725 posts in this topic

Never been a flashy RB but could flourish in a volume role on a run first team. NYJ seem to be interested but have Goodson on the roster now as well. Wouldn't mind him on my team even as a Jet...thinking RB3/flex option.

Yeah, I'd be very interested too if he ends up going to the Jets. He was the best per rush producer out of the all the NO RB. I think he'll get most of the 1st & 2nd down and goal line work. Good 3rd RB that you can probably get well into the middle rounds.

Maybe I jumped the gun but the NO facebook page has him resigned with them.

Ok I see now. Damn.

1st instinct: the Jets will waste him.

I hear ya...if he ends up with NY I'll be watching those pre-season games to see how they use Goodson. Logic says Ivory early downs/GL and Goodson passing downs but logic is something in short supply on that team.

Ivory/Goodson timeshare with an offense led by Mark Sanchez?

NFL, lookout!

2 people like this

I'm very interested. But if he goes to the Jets, I'll be majorly disappointed.

Ivory 250-300 carries even on the Jets = I'll buy at the right price.

He does run like a man possessed, I'll give him that. Early Marion Barber stuff, so . . . Shonn Greene he's not.

And Goodson averages like 42 yards a carry but is a member of the Iffykins Tay Elthee Foundation, so . . .

I'll buy Ivory for right bargain.

But it's the Jets.....

I'll take a gander on him if it's later and looks like he'll get the full workload.

Them having one of the worst QBs ,and the absolute worst receiving corp in the league is gonna make it awful tempting to stack the box and take away the run. Ivory is not an elite talent. If teams can focus on the run he will be held largely in check. No more than a flex play if he wins the job outright.

1 person likes this

Ivory 250-300 carries even on the Jets = I'll buy at the right price.

He'll never survive 250 carries in a season. He's been injury prone since college.

It is worth noting that Greene has finished top 20 for two seasons in a row on the Jets, so there can be low-end value if they employ a bell-cow, but if carries are split, nobody wins.

1 person likes this

A guy like Ivory that looks to be the starter in any backfield is worth my RB3 spot. He could be going earlier than that price. If so, I'll gladly pass, but I like him as a runner he'll produce in a starting role till he gets hurt.

I don't recall his college injury history but as a pro it was pretty much just that foot issue and as far as I know that has not had any lingering issues? Look, I'm not saying draft him as your RB2 or anything but he has way more potential for fantasy relevance as the starter in NY vs. 60 carries/year in NO.

Now that Geno Smith is QB for the Jets, I am more interested in what Ivory can bring to the table since he runs like a madman.

However, they still have no one to catch the ball..

However, they still have no one to catch the ball..

tumblr_lu9dsvFpKS1qhaw05o1_500.gif

Well they can always move the Sanchize out wide.

Loving this move as a fantasy owner. Picked him up in the off-season in my dynasty for M.Bush. Figured I would take a chance that he would get traded and low and behold he did.

I'm not going to sit here and say he is going to be a fantasy stud but any RB that gets palying time is a good rb and the Jets are once again lined up to run the ball a lot. I can't see Goodson beating out Ivory for early down touches although he might lose goal line carries. I would say at this very moment he is a high end flex play/low end RB2 with high end RB2 upside.

He's going to be a feature back so that makes him at least a rb2 if you grab him as a flex you will be sitting pretty good at rb. I'm just hoping Rex doesn't have geno as the back up to Sanchez.

The more I think about it, the more I like him.

Greene was okay so I've got to think Ivory will do better. Would snag him as my third RB. Probably nothing more though.

Ivory seemed to get banged up a lot in NO but you've really got to like his potential as the starting (1st & 2nd down) RB for the NYJ. This is a team that's going to be running the ball a lot. If Shonn Greene can post back to back top 20 fantasy RB seasons, then expect Ivory to do the same or better, as he's proven to be a more effective runner in his limited time (5.1 ypc career vs. 4.2 and trending down for Greene). He will be undervalued in most drafts and is a great guy to target if you decide to select some combo of QB/WR/TE early in drafts.