Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jr11890

Daniel Nava 2013 Outlook

74 posts in this topic

Right now has earned the every day LF job but is only batting second because of victorino out of lineup. Most days will bat 6th.

If he can start hitting lefties consistently, he should play every day.

#'s against righties in his career are solid. Underrated hitter.

If he can start hitting lefties consistently, he should play every day.

#'s against righties in his career are solid. Underrated hitter.

30 years old...564 PA .251 career average...underrated? not so much. Nice start? Definitely.

As long as Gomes is there, he will remain in platoon. Gomes is off to cold start but he has the rep ragards hitting left hand pitching. Gomes is already considered a spark plug guy extremely well liked on the team. Don't see him being benched any time soon.

But Nava will have righties plus an occasional turn at 1B on Napoli day offs since he is the back-up to Napoli too. He could gain 1B eligibility by next month in Yahoo leagues.

Of course the few times they used Mike Carp lately, he was hot and he might figure into the ABs too. But Nava is definitely the best of the three and he worked hard on his fielding last season which has made him more valuable to stick in the OF as say a late innings replacement to Gomes the Outfield Butcher as well. Farell won't want to cool down his bat too much.

But it would take an injury to Victorino (he was out yesterday because of same) or Ells (Victorino to ceter then - Nava's fielding will never be that good) or Napoli injury to see him play full time I'd say. Kid has a great background story and I always root for these guys who go the extra mile for the love of the game. But he isn't going to become a regular barring injuries.

Guy just continues to hit and has now been moved up to the 2 spot in front of Papi. I feel like his power numbers will come down a little bit but is this guy still flying under the radar? Not seeing his play get much attention.

how does this guy only have an 12 post thread with the kind of season he's having. what if he's turning into a fixture?

how does this guy only have an 12 post thread with the kind of season he's having. what if he's turning into a fixture?

Been trying to figure that out myself.

He hasnt homered in forever, thas why

you mean except for tonight? :huh:

yup, first one in a while, plus he doesnt steal so meh, too vanilla for most ppl to go all goo goo ga ga, especially around here. :D

i wouldn't call 11 days forever (May 18). Had 4 HRs in April, and 3 now in May, with 33 RBI, a nice average/OBP, and plenty of runs. contributing in 4 categories right now. That's not really vanilla at all, but whether he can keep it up is another story. I picked him up; some nice upside here in that park/lineup with full-time ABs.

Solid guy to own in general, and great value in OBP leagues....his OBP is consistently more than 100 points above his batting average....looks like he will play full time all year, batting 2nd vs RHP and 6th vs lefties.

Waiver wire gold. I can't imagine this guy went draft in just about any 10 team league and probably not in most 12 teamers. He's having the kind of season that leads to fantasy championships.

yeah i'm really enjoying this. especially at the top of that lineup, he's going to pile up stats. wonder what they do when victorino comes back (never). i know he'll still be a mainstay just curious where they slot him.