Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SwisherHouse

Official Rotoworld Dynasty League

The League  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best team right now?

• GM: tonyg000- Team: M.O.B.
    • GM: thefantasyczar - Team: ShawnKemp's Kidz
    • GM: King Gonzo - Team: Hershey's Hoopers
    • GM: Timmah! - Team: Massive Attack
    • GM: thaima1shu - Team: Ninjas With Attitude
    • GM: PhantasyPhreak5821 - Team: Phreak4Life
    • GM: Dr. Whom - Team: Hong Kong Cavaliers
    • GM: SwisherHouse - Team: Duffle Bag Boys
    • GM: Baseball Jonze - Team: Basketball Jonze
    • GM: tyrone biggums - Team: The Jail Blazers
    • GM: Mrkrab - Team: Indiana Hoosiers
    • GM: BlackLagooner - Team: The Black Lagooners
    • GM: max_murder - Team: Zombie Defense
    • GM: MustacheToes - Team: Toe Juice
  2. 2. Who has the best team for the future?

• GM: tonyg000- Team: M.O.B.
    • GM: thefantasyczar - Team: ShawnKemp's Kidz
    • GM: King Gonzo - Team: Hershey's Hoopers
    • GM: Timmah! - Team: Massive Attack
    • GM: thaima1shu - Team: Ninjas With Attitude
    • GM: PhantasyPhreak5821 - Team: Phreak4Life
    • GM: Dr. Whom - Team: Hong Kong Cavaliers
    • GM: SwisherHouse - Team: Duffle Bag Boys
    • GM: Baseball Jonze - Team: Basketball Jonze
    • GM: tyrone biggums - Team: The Jail Blazers
    • GM: Mrkrab - Team: Indiana Hoosiers
    • GM: BlackLagooner - Team: The Black Lagooners
    • GM: max_murder - Team: Zombie Defense
    • GM: MustacheToes - Team: Toe Juice

Alright, well I just hoped on. Send me a message if you want to work anything out, username: toesmustache

Same goes for anyone else, I'm willing to trade either Gasol, Howard, or Bynum if anyone is looking for a C so let the offers begin!

What do you need?

What do you need?

I really think I'm pretty solid everywhere except for one more F or maybe another SG.

I just updated my email address so if anyone offered me any trades I didn't recieve them.

i'm not in a hurry to do anything; i'd like to see everyone get some games under their belt first......

but if anyone has interest in any of my guys, lemme know, and we'll talk as things move along.

A guy that has probably stolen Tyrus' girlfriend before, among other players: Corey Maggette.

A guy that has probably stolen Tyrus' girlfriend before, among other players: Corey Maggette.

Impossible, and you know it!

Why not a Granger avatar?

Why not a Granger avatar?

Oh dont worry. I will be rotating all my guys in and out of my avatar throughout the season.

Khaled said my Monta Ellis avatar is the best. Whats up now?

Monta has zero swag.

Okay, How many voted for themselves?

I think Swisherhouse has the best looking team to start and threw my vote that way. I don't know who I voted as best dynasty. It wasn't Lagooner yet. He went way young and is the sexy choice right now, but how long will it take some of those guys to develope and how many will really pan out? He has the young gamble team.

I hated my draft position. The youth went so early. I thought I would be able to choose between Dwight, Emeka, or Al Jefferson at the back-end of the second and all 3 were gone. I own Camby in almost every league, but most are 1 year leagues, so there is less risk, as opposed to a dynasty, so I went with the younger, although also injury prone, Boozer. I tried to balance youth with numbers. I took 3 young guys in a row with Howard, Bargnani and Ford, before going old in Andre Miller. I just couldn't let Miller slip any further than 83 and I needed another PG. The C position was a wasteland by this point so I went Dalembert here to get blocks and fill out the second C. Then two youth picks in Maxiell and Jack (hoping Blake doesn't start, Jack looked good last year), after that I went with 2 head2head guys in Curry and Alston. I would never own Curry in a roto, but h2h he gets points and boards, so I think it was a good pick at 139 when all the C's were whiped out. Alston might start and could put up really nice numbers in Adelman's offense. He finished last season ranked in the top 50 in most formats, so he could be a steal at 142, notice that I backed him up with James at 195. Next I went with an investment special in Francisco Garcia. Eventually the Kings will trade Artest and free up room for Garcia. Double his minutes and notice that he averages well over a 3, a steal, and a block per game (not many guys do that). He is talented, but we won't see it until Artest is moved. Bobby Simmons is a gamble pick coming back off of injury, but there weren't many starting 2 guards that can score left and the draft position was right at 170. The rest was all speculation picks. The vanilla Gorilla with no Oden there, might see an increase just because, Salmons to fill in for Bibby injury/Artest suspension, Eddie Jone (yeah, I don't know why either), and Darius Miles to wait and see on. This draft was so deep that the backend on most teams looks rough.

I tried to mix youth with experience. My only old guys are Andre Miller and Eddie Jones (who I can/probably will drop). I expect to be competitive with this team for several years. I am obviously counting on Bargnani to fully develop into what is expected, and I think Ford and Jack are too talented to be backups in this league. With a roster this deep, I tried to fill in with as many starters as I could. If it had been roto, I would have taken a very different approach. In h2h, it is all about stats for the week, so getting more starters and filling in as many games for the week is huge over having 4 guys on your team that barely play and might get a shot later. Now if one of those guys becomes a star, then yeah, it works out, but that doesn't always happen. I think I will be okay with this team, but I think it could have been better. I see at least two mistakes that I made in the draft on letting a couple guys slide, but in a league this competitive, you are always going to get that.

Going into the draft I had two plans: load up at the C position, and get Tyrus Thomas late. The second one didnt materialize, but the first one did as I landed Amare and Camby as my two centers. I know Camby was a risk, but he was healthy for 70 games and the playoffs last year, and I'm comfortable with him as a 3rd round pick. I have a surplus of 3 point bombers and I think its gonna be tough to ever beat me in that category, but my biggest weakness is at the PG position and assists. Mo Williams is a guy I like a lot, and target in all drafts, but after him I only have Hughes, Watson, Fisher, and Stoudamire for my PG's. I think I'm set for the future as my two superstars (Amare and Carmelo) are both very young, and I also have other young key players in Mo Will, and Granger. I've never been in a league this deep, and I'm looking forward to this season getting underway.

voted for no one yet although I feel Toes, Swish, and I have the best teams this year.

THIS THREAD IS GREAT!

SO happy to see you guys taking the ball and running with our league. Hope we can keep up this high level of participation and passion!

I voted for KG as the now team, and myself as Team Future.

I'll probably be picking in the lottery for the next few years, but I'm hoping to build a squad that dominates for years to come. I hated my draft position, so I felt that picking where I was it was the best strategy. We'll see, won't we.

I think the growth curve will be shorter since we're playing H2H and not roto, and there's always a little luck involved in H2H.

I'm so pumped for the regular NBA season to start.

GET SOME!

Also, we're voting on the addition of UTIL slots on the thread's msgboard, fellas.

TonyG requested the addition of 1 or 2 UTIL slots since we have such a deep bench.

Please vote THERE for None, One or Two.

Thanks!

Also, we're voting on the addition of UTIL slots on the thread's msgboard, fellas.

TonyG requested the addition of 1 or 2 UTIL slots since we have such a deep bench.

Please vote THERE for None, One or Two.

Thanks!

We cant add a UTIL after the draft? Is that a joke?

As far as my draft went, I wanted 2 Cs with my first 2 picks and screw the future for the rest of the draft and go with the best player available. The only pick I didn't do that was with Tyrus, and Bynum, because I knew Swish was going to get Tyrus from me if I didn't reach a little bit.

Unless Dwight really has straightened out his FTs I think it is safe to say I will be punting FT% pretty much every week.

We cant add a UTIL after the draft? Is that a joke?

No.

It's not a joke.

I don't make any roster or category changes post-draft. Ever.

In this league, all changes will occur prior to the WW "draft" for rookies and FAs going forward. People scheme and draft based on the exact settings of the league prior to getting their players, so I don't ever undermine or tinker with that once line-ups are set.

I know it's different here, since it's dynasty, but these type of decisions would be better served after a year has been played with the original settings, in order to keep from changing stuff around all the time (see: draft time).

If everyone votes to make a change, and there is overwhelming clamor to add a UTIL slot this season, then I will consider it. But otherwise, this change will be for next season.

Hope that's understandable & reasonable?

Also, if I changed my team name to the African American Lagooners do you think that would be better for PR?

Or would it just alienate Steve Blake and Spencer Hawes?

Well I'm not going to really weigh in until a final decision is made, but I do think a change after the draft would be sketchy. I will for sure be voting to keep things the same.

generally speaking, i'm okay with how my draft turned out. my goal was to stay on the young side, but not go after too many of the unproven. i didn't intentionally avoid the rookies, it just turned out that way. because of the H2H format, having versatility was a plus - 14 of my 18 players qualify at two positions.

the result is, as KG pointed out in his rankings post, a team without a lot of stars, but depth in all categories. i think i can be competitive now, and in the future.

and isn't that what it's really all about? B)