Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pnoozi

Yankees vs. Rays 4/22/13 Game Thread

31 posts in this topic

And that ladies and gentlemen is what we call serving up batting practice. The bat boy would have hit that one out :lol:

hes actually looking pretty good in the early going despite that hanging slider. I think he can pull atleast a QS start here. Hes locating all of his pitches fairly well

Couple of good lefties going at it out there. Solo shot by Ryan Roberts to make it 1-0, can Matt Moore hold onto the lead and continue his hot start?

Couple of good lefties going at it out there. Solo shot by Ryan Roberts to make it 1-0, can Matt Moore hold onto the lead and continue his hot start?

i sure hope so for the sake of my fantasy team

i sure hope so for the sake of my fantasy team

You and me both my friend, I got him for $1 two years ago in my dynasty league. Hoping that this is the year it starts to payoff bigtime!

Rodriguez triples in Longoria, 2-0 Rays.

add a yunel hr to that. hopefully this is more than enough run support for moore. Hes looked really good thus far

add a yunel hr to that. hopefully this is more than enough run support for moore. Hes looked really good thus far

I would certainly hope so, the Yanks have struggled against lefties thus far. Other than the leadoff walk to Gardner he had a couple of nice K's there in the first.

I would certainly hope so, the Yanks have struggled against lefties thus far. Other than the leadoff walk to Gardner he had a couple of nice K's there in the first.

ya he loooks on point tonight. if he cuts down those frustrating walks we are looking at Sp1 numbers for sure

ya he loooks on point tonight. if he cuts down those frustrating walks we are looking at Sp1 numbers for sure

Crazy enough, we could be looking at SP1 numbers even with the walks. Quick work there in the 2nd, hope we see him go deep into a game for once this year, not that you can complain at all about his numbers thus far.

Crazy enough, we could be looking at SP1 numbers even with the walks. Quick work there in the 2nd, hope we see him go deep into a game for once this year, not that you can complain at all about his numbers thus far.

no complaints here. hes going to be a great pitcher in this league

I see the Price comparisons, but with his Fastball sitting more in the 93-95 range this year rather than the 94-97 range, with a little better control, he pitches a bit more like Kershaw in my opinion, obviously I would be ecstatic if he ends up being as good as Kershaw, but I think he has the potential.

got squeezed to lead off the game but his stuff looks great so far. a lot of life on the fb and the slider is breaking hard

1 person likes this

Let's see if he can settle down. The Rays are the worst hitting team in the league so far this year.

I see the Price comparisons, but with his Fastball sitting more in the 93-95 range this year rather than the 94-97 range, with a little better control, he pitches a bit more like Kershaw in my opinion, obviously I would be ecstatic if he ends up being as good as Kershaw, but I think he has the potential.

Ya his ceiling is probably a Kershaw and his stuff is so great that even with his floor hed still be a top SP2. I also can see a prime Hamels in him a bit

He can still escape tonight's game with a decent WHIP and some Ks. Honestly, with the exception of a few horribly located pitches served up for easy homers, I've liked what I've seen from him. Keep in mind his last start he pitched north of 30 pitches and gave up 2 runs in the 1st, only to last 8 innings total, giving up one additional run and earning a win.

I was just looking at Ryan Roberts career numbers and I saw he has 4 HRs off of Ted Lilly in 5 hits. CC is turning into Ted Lilly, I thought. Then I went back to the game and saw Roberts' 2nd HR.