Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4/23 Lineups and Weather...

52 posts in this topic

TWINS (Game 1)

1. Brian Dozier ® 2B

2. Joe Mauer (L) C

3. Josh Willingham ® LF

4. Justin Morneau (L) 1B

5. Chris Parmelee (L) RF

6. Trevor Plouffe ® 3B

7. Oswaldo Arcia (L) DH

8. Aaron Hicks (S) CF

9. Pedro Florimon (S) SS

(K. Correia - R)

MARLINS (Game 1)

1. Juan Pierre (L) LF

2. Placido Polanco ® 3B

3. Giancarlo Stanton ® RF

4. Greg Dobbs (L) DH

5. Justin Ruggiano ® CF

6. Joe Mahoney (L) 1B

7. Miguel Olivo ® C

8. Nick Green ® SS

9. Donovan Solano ® 2B

(J. Fernandez - R)

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Bateman, April 23, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

High of 34 today in Denver, and it's currently 18. How would they justify playing today?

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Bateman, April 23, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

High of 34 today in Denver, and it's currently 18. How would they justify playing today?

They're grown men who can go out in the cold?

1 person likes this

Minnesota/Chicago were called last week because it was too cold. What makes this game different? (aside from not being between division opponents)

Minnesota/Chicago were called last week because it was too cold. What makes this game different? (aside from not being between division opponents)

Thats a pretty big aside. These teams dont meet again all year. Whereas division opponents have ample opportunity to make it up

They're grown men who can go out in the cold?

Not to mention getting paid millions to play a game....

My mistake, Atl/Col do meet again but in ATL end of July. So im sure they'd do whatever they can to get these games in today

Any report from the locals, as to whether they are going to wait and see in Colorado, or if they are going to announce something shortly? I can't imagine they would make ppl go to the stadium in those temps, just to wait around to see if it clears.

BRAVES (Game 1)

1. Andrelton Simmons ® SS

2. B.J. Upton ® CF

3. Justin Upton ® LF

4. Freddie Freeman (L) 1B

5. Chris Johnson ® 3B

6. Evan Gattis ® C

7. Dan Uggla ® 2B

8. Reed Johnson ® RF

9. Mike Minor ® P

Weather is pretty miserable in Boston today. It's been rainy, foggy, and overcast all day and it doesn't look like there is any hope for it to clear up. It's supposed to rain all night. The field will be a soggy mess. I'm thinking this one won't be played.

ROCKIES (Game 1)

1. Dexter Fowler (S) CF

2. Josh Rutledge ® 2B

3. Carlos Gonzalez (L) LF

4. Troy Tulowitzki ® SS

5. Michael Cuddyer ® RF

6. Wilin Rosario ® C

7. Jordan Pacheco ® 1B

8. Chris Nelson ® 3B

9. Jeff Francis (L) P

Any report from the locals, as to whether they are going to wait and see in Colorado, or if they are going to announce something shortly? I can't imagine they would make ppl go to the stadium in those temps, just to wait around to see if it clears.

I work in Denver right next to Coors and am planning on going to the afternoon game if they get it in. Right now, it is pretty cold outside (mid-20's), but it looks like the snow has let up for the day. The sun is supposed to come out in a bit, and it is expected to warm up to the low 30's by game time.

The Rockies reported that the field has been cleared of snow and that they are hoping to play baseball today. They are saying that temperatures could still be an issue, but the temperature is basically identical to what they played in last Tuesday at home.

I'm watching the Braves-Rockies news closely since I'm planning on attending the game, so I'll update if I hear anything else.

6 people like this

Detroit looks like it's going to get some weather tonight as well.

Weather is pretty miserable in Boston today. It's been rainy, foggy, and overcast all day and it doesn't look like there is any hope for it to clear up. It's supposed to rain all night. The field will be a soggy mess. I'm thinking this one won't be played.

I work around ten minutes from Fenway and right now its just windy and cold here. No rain. I know the forecast is supposed to get worse, but I think they might be able to get it in.

Posted · Hidden by dzemens, April 23, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Super cold days tend to favor pitchers right?

Posted · Hidden by dzemens, April 23, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Super cold days tend to favor pitchers right?

Generally speaking, yes, because the ball doesn't carry. Unless it's cold and windy (*with wind blowing out). That would then be a problem.

I work around ten minutes from Fenway and right now its just windy and cold here. No rain. I know the forecast is supposed to get worse, but I think they might be able to get it in.

Actually the local noon weather reports said most of the rain will remain out to sea or down on the cape. There will be scattered showers throughout the night and it will remain windy and cold but nothing where they would call the game in advance. There might well be some rain delays tonight which could screw up the SP. But given this is Oakland's only time into Boston this season I think (?), they will probably try hard to get this one in.

And the only time in bit with everyone playing everyone these days leads to this stuff. Colorado being the current the poster child with first the Mets and now Atlanta playing in the Snow Bowl.

I work in Denver right next to Coors and am planning on going to the afternoon game if they get it in. Right now, it is pretty cold outside (mid-20's), but it looks like the snow has let up for the day. The sun is supposed to come out in a bit, and it is expected to warm up to the low 30's by game time.

The Rockies reported that the field has been cleared of snow and that they are hoping to play baseball today. They are saying that temperatures could still be an issue, but the temperature is basically identical to what they played in last Tuesday at home.

I'm watching the Braves-Rockies news closely since I'm planning on attending the game, so I'll update if I hear anything else.

David O'Brien (@ajcbraves), beat writer for the Braves, just posted a picture of Coors Field (link below) on Twitter while commenting that, "They're doing a pretty amazing job clearing Coors Field. Warning track still icy, they're working on that now."

https://twitter.com/...7337600/photo/1

The field is looking in pretty good condition, particularly considering that Denver got around 4 inches of snow last night. It is looking like they are going to try to get these games in today.

2 people like this

RAYS

1. Desmond Jennings ® CF

2. Ryan Roberts ® 2B

3. Ben Zobrist (S) RF

4. Evan Longoria ® 3B

5. Matt Joyce (L) LF

6. Yunel Escobar ® SS

7. James Loney (L) 1B

8. Jose Molina ® C

9. Kelly Johnson (L) DH

(D. Price - L)

TIGERS

1. Austin Jackson ® CF

2. Torii Hunter ® RF

3. Miguel Cabrera ® 3B

4. Prince Fielder (L) 1B

5. Victor Martinez (S) DH

6. Andy Dirks (L) LF

7. Jhonny Peralta ® SS

8. Alex Avila (L) C

9. Omar Infante ® 2B

(M. Scherzer - R)

ATHLETICS

1. Coco Crisp (S) CF

2. John Jaso (L) C

3. Seth Smith (L) DH

4. Jed Lowrie (S) SS

5. Brandon Moss (L) 1B

6. Josh Donaldson ® 3B

7. Josh Reddick (L) RF

8. Chris Young ® LF

9. Eric Sogard (L) 2B

(B. Colon - R)

David O'Brien (@ajcbraves), beat writer for the Braves, just posted a picture of Coors Field (link below) on Twitter while commenting that, "They're doing a pretty amazing job clearing Coors Field. Warning track still icy, they're working on that now."

https://twitter.com/...7337600/photo/1

The field is looking in pretty good condition, particularly considering that Denver got around 4 inches of snow last night. It is looking like they are going to try to get these games in today.

The sun is starting to come out in Denver now. The temperatue is still below freezing, but the mile high sunshine makes things feel much warmer quickly. It will be a cold one today, but I think this game is happening. I just bought tickets directly behind home plate for $25. Wahoo!

2 people like this