Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grimsfield

Best/Worst walkup music

106 posts in this topic

Alright, so after listening to a lot of players come up to bat this season I think I have my picks for best and worst walk up music so far. Here are my picks, please share yours too!

Best:

Josh Willingham - "Your Love" by The Outfield

Worst:

Ryan Zimmerman - "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons

Metallica's "Enter Sandman" for Mariano Rivera...

2 people like this

Alright, so after listening to a lot of players come up to bat this season I think I have my picks for best and worst walk up music so far. Here are my picks, please share yours too!

Best:

Worst:

I think the Hammer stole it from Gordan Beckham!

Worst by far would have to be Jayson Werth - "Warehouse" by Dave Matthews Band. As if it's not bad enough you're already widely consider one of MLB's biggest d-bags, you have to come out to a somewhat obscure song by one of the biggest Dbag bands of the past two decades???

Shame on you Jasyon :(

Best:

Worst:

Worst by far would have to be Jayson Werth - "Warehouse" by Dave Matthews Band. As if it's not bad enough you're already widely consider one of MLB's biggest d-bags, you have to come out to a somewhat obscure song by one of the biggest Dbag bands of the past two decades???

Yeah I was gonna say, how long has that been Willingham's song? Its been Beckham's for the last few years or at least as far as I can remember. But Willingham has been in the league much longer and I don't know how long its been his song.

Anyways the absolute best was when Torri Hunter came up to the theme from Sanford & Son. Hands down.

Any player that walks out to Pearl Jam is instantly my favorite player on the squad

2 people like this

I also love "Your Love" by the outfield- great, underrated song.

I also think Utley's coming out to the riff of kashmir is pretty awesome.

In terms of the worst, Jay Bruce comes out to "Thrift Shop" by macklemore.

One funny story about entrance musics. I was at a binghamton mets AA game 5 years ago with some friends (I went to college around there) and on the way we were discussing what music we would come out to if we were baseball players. One of my good friends said he would come out to the montage music from the karate kid... "you're the BEST, AROUND!"

So we get to the game, and wouldn't you know it, one of the mets prospects comes out to that song. My friend was freaking out like "OMG Yes!"

We agreed we were going to follow that guy's career going forward. Turns out, it was Lucas Duda. Fast forward to last year, I was trying to get autographs by the mets bus when they were in philly. Lucas duda came out and signed for us, and I told him the whole story, and he got a kick out of it. Cool dude.

8 people like this

Like this if you can't listen to the beginning of Crazy Train without saying "Coming to bat, number ten...CHIPPER JONES"

1 person likes this

Worst- Josh Rutledge, "Suit and Tie" by Justin Timberlake.

Noticed it this weekend in the series against the Dbacks. Immediately dropped him for Brendan Ryan. B) I made the right choice.

1 person likes this

Whatever that abysmal song is that Evan Longoria uses as his walkup song...THAT is the worst walkup song.

Just once I'd love to see a guy with a sense of humor use Carole King's "(You make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman." I would fall out of my chair laughing. If only Brian Wilson came to bat, I bet he'd be the type of guy to do it...

What about "Baby" by Justin Bieber for Tulo?

Worst- Josh Rutledge, "Suit and Tie" by Justin Timberlake.

Noticed it this weekend in the series against the Dbacks. Immediately dropped him for Brendan Ryan. B) I made the right choice.

rutledge is a beiber fan too, saw him post on twitter about going to a beiber concert and gushing about how he met the beibs... I don't know why, but some of those rockies players have impressively bad taste in music.

maybe I just imagined it, it's a vague memory, but didn't a Mets guy several years ago have the Soprano's 'woke up this morning and got myself a gun" theme as their walkup? Maybe I just wish a player used that or read once in a David Cone interview that he loved that song, IDK

Votto's 'Paint it Black' is pretty badazz, it's the first year I've ever owned him and liking the dude more and more

I can't really fathom the Rockies clubhouse are a bunch of Beliebers, like wow...

Tulo's all about teen pop - he used to come up to bat w/ Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA

God, I hope he's being facetious...

Doesn't Hosmer use the Ultimate Warriors theme song? That is the best. I just wish he'd dominate Baseball like the warrior dominated his promos.

Any player that walks out to Pearl Jam is instantly my favorite player on the squad

I second this!

Raul Ibanez, Jason Bay Bronson Arroyo and Lyle Overbay are a few that have used PJ songs in the past.

Best:

Worst:

You seem to be quite the expert on dbags....

Worst:

Mariners - Raul Ibanez -- their cheeseball "ayooooooo!" song...I don't know what it is....trying to promote people to yell "rauuuuuuul!". It's so corny knowing he's a part time 41 year old now.

Adam Dunn. Sister Christian by Night Ranger. Has had it since about 2004 or 2005 in Cincinnati.

Everyone else pales in comparison