Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grimsfield

Best/Worst walkup music

Adam Dunn. Sister Christian by Night Ranger. Has had it since about 2004 or 2005 in Cincinnati.

Everyone else pales in comparison

Because he strikes out more than my sister?

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUK crank that Soulja Boy.

Norichika Aoki - Tokyo Drift by Teriyaki Boyz

haha gold.

amazing.

too bad manny buriss isnt in the league anymore...

dude walkup music was 'beat the wussy up' and the w was inverted, if you know what I mean :lol:

I remember 5 yrs or so seeing a piece on Randy Johnson.

They were talking to Phil Nevin about him, and he spoke about seeing RJ warm up to Metallica's "Seek and Destory" would intimidate the whole club.

He said something along the lines of "Most of the guys, especially the younger ones, would be out before they stepped up to the plate. That song never left my head when I was facing him... to be honest, I still can't stand that song because of it."

Best has to be Enter Sandman for Mariano.

Worst: Michael Morse with "Take on Me" from A-Ha. Dude was three years old when that was recorded, and it was crap back then. Maybe he has changed it now that he's in hip Seattle; he used Take on Me all last year in DC.

Alright, so after listening to a lot of players come up to bat this season I think I have my picks for best and worst walk up music so far. Here are my picks, please share yours too!

Best:

Josh Willingham - "Your Love" by The Outfield

Worst:

Ryan Zimmerman - "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons

I think the Hammer stole it from Gordan Beckham!

Worst by far would have to be Jayson Werth - "Warehouse" by Dave Matthews Band. As if it's not bad enough you're already widely consider one of MLB's biggest d-bags, you have to come out to a somewhat obscure song by one of the biggest Dbag bands of the past two decades???

Shame on you Jasyon :(

DMB is not for everyone and I can understand not liking their brand of music, but to call them a dbag band is completely ridiculous...I have seen them over 25 times in concert and EVERY time they play 2 1/2 to 3 hours and give the paying customers their moneys worth...Their song catalog is super deep and they never play the same set twice...I've seen bands that do nothing but churn out the same tired set list night after night because that's what they have rehearsed... DMB doesn't operate that way and every show is a unique experience...I hardly think a dbag band would go that far to entertain their many fans...As for Werth, I've never been a fan, but him using Warehouse as his walk up song is pretty cool in my book...I think it is an amazing song...

As for my contribution to the best/worst, even though he is retired, Trevor Hoffman using Hells Bells by AC/DC is the best...

Anybody using a Beiber song automatically qualifies as the worst...

Take on Me music video was legit though.

My seven-year-old daughter can scribble on a bunch of stop-motion photographs better than that!!!

Chase Utley and Joey Votto by far..... but since i'm a phils fan i think Kevin Frandsen has a solid walk up song as someone else posted Snow by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.... It's just like such a chill song Frandsen's probably a bro....

Adrian Gonzalez comes out to some weird mariachi music...

"El Mariachi Loco"

Written by Román Palomar Arreola

Performed by Mariachi Bandido

It is the mariachi song from The Heartbreak Kid. Just god awful...

Take on Me music video was legit though.

My seven-year-old daughter can scribble on a bunch of stop-motion photographs better than that!!!

False.

Songs that would be perfect for certain players:

Kaz "Anal Fissure" Matsui: "Stinkfist" by Tool

Brandon Wood: "Bad" by Michael Jackson

Keith Hernandez: "Cocaine" by Eric Clapton

Luis Polonia: "Little Girls" by Oingo Boingo

Brendan Ryan and Dustin Ackley: "1979" by the Smashing Pumpkins. This is because they hit like a middle infield combo from 1979, with OPSes under .600.

Adrian Gonzalez comes out to some weird mariachi music...

Lol, you must not have been to an Astros game lately. Half the team comes up to bat with Mariachi music (true story).

Brendan Ryan and Dustin Ackley: "1979" by the Smashing Pumpkins. This is because they hit like a middle infield combo from 1979, with OPSes under .600.

+1 for the Keith Hernandez, his dealers during the Pittsburgh drug trials is often forgotten about these days, and he helped lead that hard partying Mets team in ways other than his on-field generalship

Alright, so after listening to a lot of players come up to bat this season I think I have my picks for best and worst walk up music so far. Here are my picks, please share yours too!

Best:

Josh Willingham - "Your Love" by The Outfield

Worst:

Ryan Zimmerman - "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons

Ryan Zimmerman's walk up music is probably my favorite haha.

+1 for the Keith Hernandez, his dealers during the Pittsburgh drug trials is often forgotten about these days, and he helped lead that hard partying Mets team in ways other than his on-field generalship

Ha, yeah it's pretty fun to try to think of songs that would be perfect for certain players. Actually spent a good 20 minutes at work thinking about that.

Certain lyrics in songs would be perfect for certain players as well.

For example, Eric Hosmer or Brett Lawrie could walk up to Korn's terrible "Falling Away From Me". Specifically, the part of the song that goes, "Beating me down, into the ground."

Or Brian Roberts could walk up to Kanye West's "Through the Wire" and play the lyric, "They'd call me Mr. Glass" over and over.

Dislike Jayson Werth all you want but the dude has been coming out to Werewolves of London lately. Totally badazz. I'll take the funny stuff over the tough guy crap any day.

Ha, yeah it's pretty fun to try to think of songs that would be perfect for certain players. Actually spent a good 20 minutes at work thinking about that.

Certain lyrics in songs would be perfect for certain players as well.

For example, Eric Hosmer or Brett Lawrie could walk up to Korn's terrible "Falling Away From Me". Specifically, the part of the song that goes, "Beating me down, into the ground."

Or Brian Roberts could walk up to Kanye West's "Through the Wire" and play the lyric, "They'd call me Mr. Glass" over and over.

ha, yeah it is fun thinking of songs would pick for players (and lol at the Hosmer/Korn selection, yup). Seeing Keith Hernandez's name made me think of that old Mets team, for Ron Darling, who was just as big a hound as Hernandez in those days if not worse in his own smarmy way, I'd have Tom Jones' "What's New Pussycat" playing while he did his warmups.

And that's awesome Werth uses Werewolves of London, +1 to him for that