Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Joc Pederson - OF LAD

worth a stash? ethier is crap defensive cf no power been benched 2 games in a row vs a righty 4 van sluke (started today)

also possibility of getting moved for hamels/price

how long you think till he gets back into a groove coming off the dl?

edit nvm he already is back 7-17 2 doubles a triple 6 bb last 5 games since coming off the dl

Lets face it. The dodgers outfield is crowded and they can't really trade any of the current OF due to contracts. He is a great stash for dynasty leagues, but he isn't worth the hold in redraft/minimum keeper leagues.

Lets just hope he can continue to improve on his K rate in AAA and maybe next year he gets traded or finds a way to squeeze into the outfield.

Went 1-4 with 3 SB & a walk last night.

Followed this up with a 2-4, HR 3RBI BB SB performance. Keep on racking Joc, your time will come.

Don't know what to make of his .444 BABIP. His K rate is also 28%. I like Joc a lot, but it's pretty safe to say his average will take a nosedive a la Springer when he gets to the Bigs.

Trade deadline activity sounding likely

• Don Mattingly prefers Joc Pederson in center field, but he’s not yet on the active roster. In Pederson’s favor, there’s little doubt that he’s the best defensive option. Some within the organization worry about his minor league strikeout rate, and believe he’ll benefit from further seasoning. If Mattingly gets his way, the Dodgersoutfield will become even more crowded, further increasing the likelihood of a trade.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Lets make this happen. Could be a difference maker in leagues down the stretch.

Think the Dodgers pull the trigger for Price?

this is a thought I just had.

could the Dodgers put Pederson in a deal to get Price?

the Dodgers OF is crowded, and it doesn't look like it's getting any better anytime soon. even if somehow the Dodgers can trade 1 of Kemp/Ethier that can still leave them with 3 OF plus Van Slyke.

Dan Haren is someone who can be replaced. he's lost his last 4 games and hasn't been that good.

Joins the 20/20 club last night with a bomb and a steal (20/25) to go with a .325/.453!/.585 slash.

Gotta think he'll be up any day, right? Right???

I personally hope so, but I'm not counting on it yet. great numbers, but where does he play?

The Dodgers are in a situation where something has to give at this point. They could use a shot in the arm, and Pederson could provide that. He's got nothing more to prove and would be up already in most organizations.

Kemp is unhappy. Mattingly is tired of Kemp griping about not playing center field and has gone on record saying Pederson is the best center fielder in the organization. Mattingly would like him called up, but only if they have room for him so he can play everyday.

Crawford and Ethier are massively overpaid and both suck. Hard to move them. Kemp isn't playing well and is also overpaid. Easier to move him than Crawford and Ethier, but that's not saying much. Van Slyke has played well in a limited role, but he's not suited for center field.

There's been talk of moving Puig to center, but that still wouldn't really solve their crowded and unproductive outfield. Plus, it would be a waste of Puig's arm to move him to center, IMO. Doesn't really seem like a solution so much as a distraction posing as a solution.

Also, the Dodgers would love to replace Haren with Price (who wouldn't?). But the Rays won't accept anything less than a package that includes Pederson, Seager, and/or Urias which would basically decimate the farm system.

The Red Sox seem interested in Kemp and their FO doesn't appear too bright these days. They love washed up outfielders.

My guess is the Dodgers will aggressively try to trade Kemp and if that fails they'll start entertaining offers for Pederson.

Should be an interesting trade deadline for them.

I think we have a better chance at seeing Ken Griffey Jr play for a team this year than we do Joc Pederson in the big leagues. Dodgers love having people in CF with less range than Michael Morse.

Only way he gets called up is if they finally have an injury to someone other than Crawford and/or Kershaw goes into the office and tells Mattingly he wants Pederson called-up.

Remember that other big time prospect that hit a grand slam the night before his callup? Yeah, George Springer...

Just saying.

They're a 1.5 games out of their division lead, and the whole point of running a baseball team is to win a championship. Something has to give eventually., even if it's just a September call up. Once the playoffs start, they definitely will start the team that gives them the best chance to win day in and day out regardless of how salary committed they feel to particular players.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, July 25, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, July 25, 2014 - No reason given

I know that people want him up (and he should be up), but I hope (purely selfish reasons) that he stays down in the minors until the team that has him rostered in my league doesn't make the playoffs..

I had Pederson rostered but then due to a massive amount of injuries, I had to dump him to field a complete team and then he was picked up a week ago by said team...

I don't like said team...

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, July 25, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, July 25, 2014 - No reason given

talk about purely selfish reasons :rolleyes:

I like the potential of Pederson but not thinking he will be a top end performer. He has good speed but not exceptional speed so I"m downgrading any expectations of SB's in a big way. Also, hitting in the Pacific Coast League tends to inflate power numbers but the fact that he has shown power to all fields tends legitimize his skill set and he could turn out to be an upper end performer vs. right hand pitching but his numbers against left handers hasn't been good at least going into this season. * I don't know if he is improving this summer vs. lefties or not.

Pederson does seem to be an intelligent player per reports and Scouts love his swing which they say does figure to translate well to the MLB level.

There are reasons to be excited about Joc Pederson and he could be a 20/20 hitter with decent if not good BA but I do have less expectations with SB's than with his power.

It's going down. I'm yelling timber.

Matt Kemp's agent: "Eight years is a long time to be in one place. Sometimes change is good. This might be the time to change."

Stash now if you haven't already.

I don't want to be a wet blanket but what team would want to trade for Kemp at this point? He's got 117 million left on his deal and while he's not playing terrible, you want a little more with that kind of commitment. Maybe I'm simplifying it too much and if the Dodgers kick in money things could change but it seems like a poor decision to make if you're another team.