Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Joc Pederson - OF LAD

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, July 26, 2014 - No Reason
Hidden by phatrat, July 26, 2014 - No Reason

Time to stash now?

Colletti

Pederson isn't ready to contribute to a pennant race. Cutting down the strike outs and hitting lefties are tops on his to do list.

Puig has been playing CF with Kemp in RF. seems like that is something they could continue with?

this recent article.

http://www.insidesocal.com/dodgers/2014/07/26/ned-colletti-on-impending-trade-deadline-we-may-not-do-anything/?utm_content=buffere84c2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Both he and manager Don Mattingly were encouraged by the Dodgers’ 8-1 win over the Giants on Friday. It was Yasiel Puig‘s first start in center field this season, a position that Puig has been itching to play “for a while,” Colletti said.

However, Colletti added that top center field prospect Joc Pederson would be a candidate for an emergency recall. Pederson, who is batting .327 with 21 home runs and 25 stolen bases at Triple-A, isn’t currently on the Dodgers’ 40-man roster.

“I think he’s in a good spot,” Colletti said. “I think he’s getting better. I think he learns every day. He’s got things to work on and he knows it … which at his age, his experience, is pretty sharp.”

If there's a Lester deal, I hope to god its Pederson included and not Kemp. That would be a reverse Crawford deal for the Sox.

If there's a Lester deal, I hope to god its Pederson included and not Kemp. That would be a reverse Crawford deal for the Sox.

personally I would love to see Pederson in Boston. but why would the Dodgers give up Peder for a rental of Lester? maybe it other players were involved like a prospect going back to LA.

not a chance dodgers trade pederson for lester lol.

I wouldn't give their FO a ton of credit. Look at the contracts they gave Kemp and Ethier, and they bailed the Red Sox out by taking on Crawford's albatross of a contract.

It could definitely happen. Most organizations, contenders and non-contenders alike, would have called up Pederson weeks ago. Not the Dodgers. Not the brightest bunch, if you ask me. I'm sure they'd rather trade Kemp, but trading Pederson isn't out of the question. Not with Colletti's dubious track record.

I wouldn't give their FO a ton of credit. Look at the contracts they gave Kemp and Ethier, and they bailed the Red Sox out by taking on Crawford's albatross of a contract.

It could definitely happen. Most organizations, contenders and non-contenders alike, would have called up Pederson weeks ago. Not the Dodgers. Not the brightest bunch, if you ask me. I'm sure they'd rather trade Kemp, but trading Pederson isn't out of the question. Not with Colletti's dubious track record.

no chance they trade joc with what 6 years of control for 2 month rental all reports i have read said joc is off the table not to mention la would basically have very little chance in resigning lester because lester loves boston

plus the doyers dont even need lester

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, July 28, 2014 - No Reason
Hidden by phatrat, July 28, 2014 - No Reason

Joc for Mookie - Everybody wins!

Especially me, as I want Betts 2B eligible for the next decade dammit.

I agree. I understand the points on why Joc shouldn't go for Lester... but left handed all star pitching is not easy to find. The Red Sox are only thinking about trading him because they weren't willing to pony up the money he asked for in the beginning for an extension. Dodgers could blow the Red Sox offer out of the park. in an extension.

In the end, the proven MLB player is usually worth more than the prospect.

yeah, teams that are one or two guys away will more-often-than-not be willing to trade unproven talent if that means bringing in a World Series. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Lester for Pederson deal. To say there is "not a chance" is selling what teams would do for a championship, very short.

Now Hamels is someone who Joc could be traded for...

I agree. I understand the points on why Joc shouldn't go for Lester... but left handed all star pitching is not easy to find. The Red Sox are only thinking about trading him because they weren't willing to pony up the money he asked for in the beginning for an extension. Dodgers could blow the Red Sox offer out of the park. in an extension.

No doubt but Lester is no guarantee to sign with the Dodgers. It would be extremely risky to give up a top prospect who is ready to play in the MLB for a possible two month rental.

No doubt but Lester is no guarantee to sign with the Dodgers. It would be extremely risky to give up a top prospect who is ready to play in the MLB for a possible two month rental.

not to mention someone will offer him a 6 year deal which is crazy

i could see pederson only going for price in some type deal that would make the most sense

Now Hamels is someone who Joc could be traded for...

Agreed...it will take more than Joc for Hamels given his contract. If I was the Phillies, Hamels would be extremely available as he's about the only real valuable chip they have and their minor league system is pretty poor. They need to replenish with a handful of high quality prospects that Hamels should bring in. I'd imagine Hamels would potentially pull in Joc, Seager, and Urias. I'm also guessing that LA would try to pawn off Zach Lee in the deal instead of Urias. With the way Dee has played, they may try to squeek out a deal that includes Guerrero instead of Seager...but if the Phils don't land AT LEAST Joc and Seager it would be a disappointment.

Side note...I'd love to see PIttsburgh get in on the Hamels sweepstakes.

Im starting to lose hope. They have been so stubborn with Pederson all my hope of him contributing this season is getting thinner and thinner. I even noticed Guerrero in LF tonight which adds another possibility to block Pederson. When they moved Puig to CF nobody in this thread could have been happy. I'm cutting bait after the trade deadline

Side note...Pittsburgh doesn't have the money to take on that contract

Kemp's deal wasn't that bad considering he was one of the best players in baseball. Either way I'm pretty sure Dodger's FO changed alot over the past few years (ownership change?). Dodger's pitching is already good, why would they trade their best prospect for another pitcher who is probably going to be their 4th best, a rental at that. If Ethier , Kemp aren't looked at as long term right now and the team can't wait to get rid of them, whos the next OF that takes their place?

They're not the brightest bunch because they didn't call up a prospect? Don't you realize their OF is crowded and bringing up another one can possibly hurt the clubhouse. Dodgers are first place in their division. People want prospects to be called up because of their fantasy teams. Heard that so many times on these forums.

Kemp's deal wasn't that bad considering he was one of the best players in baseball. Either way I'm pretty sure Dodger's FO changed alot over the past few years (ownership change?). Dodger's pitching is already good, why would they trade their best prospect for another pitcher who is probably going to be their 4th best, a rental at that. If Ethier , Kemp aren't looked at as long term right now and the team can't wait to get rid of them, whos the next OF that takes their place?

They're not the brightest bunch because they didn't call up a prospect? Don't you realize their OF is crowded and bringing up another one can possibly hurt the clubhouse. Dodgers are first place in their division. People want prospects to be called up because of their fantasy teams. Heard that so many times on these forums.

No, they're not the brightest bunch because they massively overpaid Ethier and Crawford and are now forced to play both of them over someone more deserving who could actually help out the team.

They're spending money like it's made of candy. Hard to promote prospects when they're blocked at every turn, and you literally can't unload players who aren't much more than dead weight.