Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Joc Pederson - OF LAD

From Keith Law's chat earlier today

cp (reno)

I know you are not a fan of Joc Pederson but can you tell me why?

Klaw

(1:14 PM)

I was way off on him. Saw him in AFL, he looked bad - slow across the board, not that athletic, struggling with pitch recognition - but perhaps he was just fatigued from the long season. My error for downgrading him so much off that look. He's much better than I thought.

Numbers are nice but not always indicative of talent when in the minors.

And neither is pedigree and hype.

I'm probably going to get slammed for this, but I always thought (in absolute terms) that talent >> hard work when its the majors. Yeah, its nice to have both. It tough to teach someone to hit like Miguel C.

How real are the rumors he could be called up soon?

Either way it would be a crazy year for the Dodgers to spend all that money and then start two rookies.

Either way it would be a crazy year for the Dodgers to spend all that money and then start two rookies.

Its fantastic to see them struggling the way they are, I don't mind being wrong on this one because I really believed they were gonna be the best team in baseball and quite frankly, I was kinda hoping they would be because it would mean that perhaps the Padres would have to spend money. The Giants winning two WS with a crapload of dead money and real money in the middling salary scale might give hope to small market fans, but it also gives their owners excuses.

I dont see him coming up this year.

If Ethier is traded, Puig would probably get the call. If he dodgers continue to suck, maybe Pederson will get the call next year unless an injury forces a call up.

If the Dodgers can somehow go on a run and start winning some games, I would think there is a chance Pederson could be traded to shore up 3b or for a really good bullpen arm (belisario hasn't been great and League is dung).

And due up next and starting in CF for your LA Dodgers.......no; not Puig.....Joc Pederson!!! Kemp hitting the DL and Joc will be on his way......uber excited!!!

And due up next and starting in CF for your LA Dodgers.......no; not Puig.....Joc Pederson!!! Kemp hitting the DL and Joc will be on his way......uber excited!!!

expectations? 2 week try out i'm sure as once kemp is back, Pederson will head back down

grrrrrr....yahoo does not have him in the player database yet...

This kid is a trooper and plays the game hard. Does everything and I truly believe he will impress and if he does, could be a fixture for some time. Can't wait to see him.

Yeah, just checked for him and pretty upset he isn't in yahoo's player pool. I do have the number 1 waiver though and I think that's how it would work, correct? They'd enter him in and he would initially go on waivers?

Great news! I own him in my dynasty league. I'm very excited to see what he can do on the Major League level.

Yeah, just checked for him and pretty upset he isn't in yahoo's player pool. I do have the number 1 waiver though and I think that's how it would work, correct? They'd enter him in and he would initially go on waivers?

yeah, you'll get him with #1 waiver if you place claim.

I don't understand why they have some no-name minor leaguers and not this guy??? They dropped the ball here.

Holding him and Puig now...Like the grittiness of a guy like Joc. Still think LA needs a spark plug like Puig and a good excuse to give a two week audition. But I'm not gonna miss on Joc either.

If it turns out to be a hammy with Kemp and not just a phantom dl to clear his head then I think it'll be longer than two weeks

If it turns out to be a hammy with Kemp and not just a phantom dl to clear his head then I think it'll be longer than two weeks

Do they really need another lefty in the lineup and hasn't Puig played center during spring?

Odd stat. Joc is hitting lefties better than Yasiel is....233 to .217.

My guess is Joc has to edge given that he's played CF all season so far and has more of a CF physique. Would look kind of weird seeing a guy 6'3 245 patrolling center.

Tigers have 6'4" 240lb Avisail Garcia in CF while AJax is out.

C'mon Jonze he's 1 inch taller and 5 lbs less therefore more wiry and probably nimble.

Anyway this is all moot, they will probably slide Crawford over to center giving Van Slyke more playing time.

Anyway this is all moot, they will probably slide Crawford over to center giving Van Slyke more playing time.

I seriously doubt they want Crawford patrolling center. He can barely play left.

That won't happen. He used to flip out in TB whenever Joe would stick him in CF. He often stated that he hated it.

Good to know. Lets hope I didnt waste a pickup on Joc.

Have the Dodgers announced he is coming up yet, or is this speculation?

Have the Dodgers announced he is coming up yet, or is this speculation?

its all speculation.