Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Joc Pederson - OF LAD

Albuquerque Isotopes@AbqTopes 8m

Joc Pederson is now one homer and two steals from becoming the first 30-30 Club member in the modern era of the PCL -- 15 games left.

surprising, but maybe also not surprising. maybe most teams when they have a player like this they make the smart decision to call that player up to the majors. but not the Dodgers this time. :rolleyes::angry:

Getting the call on Sept 1st.

Ned Colletti just told us that we’ll see Joc Pederson and Alex Guerrero on Sept 1st #Dodgers @Dodgers Sirius 209 XM 89

Can't imagine he'll be a full time starter. I'd assume he'll get some spot starts against RHP and PH duties.

I agree. I guess they will play the hot hand though if he comes on strong

Until the Dodgers clinch a playoff spot the Sept callups will be fillins for the regulars.

Hit his 30th tonight(game is still in progress). Just needs to SB to get to the 30-30 club, has until Sept 1st to do it.

I think it depends on how he hits. if he comes up on fire it's going to be hard to sit him.

what I'd like to see is have him start hot right from the start, continue hot all through September. then maybe the Dodgers will be forced into considering Pederson for a starting spot to open 2015.

Hope the Dodgers give him a real look in September. It'd be embarrassing for the organization if he's relegated to being a pinch hitter, pinch runner, and late inning defensive replacement.

Eric Stephen@truebluela

Don Mattingly said Joc Pederson will play like most September call-ups (not a lot). "I'm not going to just throw him out there."

Sorry Dodger fans, but your manager is a huge p****. They thew out Puig last year when they needed him. Why the double standard?

Eric Stephen@truebluela

Don Mattingly said Joc Pederson will play like most September call-ups (not a lot). "I'm not going to just throw him out there."

Sorry Dodger fans, but your manager is a huge p****. They thew out Puig last year when they needed him. Why the double standard?

Two completly different years... we NEEDED something last year bad. This year we dont NEED that somthing to turn us around. Im upset he wont give Joc his deserving playing time, but double standard? Not so much

Eric Stephen@truebluela

Two completly different years... we NEEDED something last year bad. This year we dont NEED that somthing to turn us around. Im upset he wont give Joc his deserving playing time, but double standard? Not so much

You're saying you don't need an upgrade over Ethier/Crawford? Sorry, I don't buy that. They're not even replacement level players. Their combined WAR is under 1.0. That's a detriment to your team. Kemp isn't the Kemp of old, either. The same could be said of Gonzalez.

And don't forget: Pederson very nearly got the call last year instead of Puig. If their positions were reversed and Mattingly was saying they wouldn't play Puig much in September, knowing what you know now about Puig, you'd have to conclude that Mattingly is a moron, no?

If your team falls a little short in the postseason, it might very well be because Pederson wasn't in the fold. He obviously has the ability to be a difference-maker, something no one has said about Ethier and Crawford in a long, long time.

And if Pederson goes out and wins Rookie of the Year in 2015, more than a few knowledgeable and disgruntled Dodger fans will wonder why they didn't utilize him this year.

The next Polanco?

ha what why would you compare a prospect with another prospect??? makes no sense

Eric Stephen@truebluela

You're saying you don't need an upgrade over Ethier/Crawford? Sorry, I don't buy that. They're not even replacement level players. Their combined WAR is under 1.0. That's a detriment to your team. Kemp isn't the Kemp of old, either. The same could be said of Gonzalez.

And don't forget: Pederson very nearly got the call last year instead of Puig. If their positions were reversed and Mattingly was saying they wouldn't play Puig much in September, knowing what you know now about Puig, you'd have to conclude that Mattingly is a moron, no?

If your team falls a little short in the postseason, it might very well be because Pederson wasn't in the fold. He obviously has the ability to be a difference-maker, something no one has said about Ethier and Crawford in a long, long time.

And if Pederson goes out and wins Rookie of the Year in 2015, more than a few knowledgeable and disgruntled Dodger fans will wonder why they didn't utilize him this year.

Dont get me wrong, I realllly want Joc playing.. The dude is insane. But there is no way in hell you can compair the dodgers of last year Before we called up Puig, to the Dodgers of this year right now. We were in panic mode, terrible record, season was in danger. This year we are not in panic mode. Way different situations. But like I said I would love to see Puig/Joc/Kemp outfield.

Mattingly can't be that stupid right, I mean someone has to have shown him the numbers that Pederson is putting up in the minors. I'm not saying that once September comes up you bench a current OF to start Pederson every day, but you could give a different OF a day off so that Pederson still start at least semi regular.

30/30 player in the minors, who also missed time with an injury.

most other teams and Pederson would have long already been in the majors.

i have never hated ethier more than right now ..... and i already despised him for many years

I think it's reasonable to project an immediate impact similar to 2013 Yelich, why not?

PT.

Mattingly can't be that stupid right, I mean someone has to have shown him the numbers that Pederson is putting up in the minors. I'm not saying that once September comes up you bench a current OF to start Pederson every day, but you could give a different OF a day off so that Pederson still start at least semi regular.

30/30 player in the minors, who also missed time with an injury.

most other teams and Pederson would have long already been in the majors.

Is it mattingly's call to bring him up?