Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Joc Pederson - OF LAD

Assuming he doesn't reach MLB this year but is starting in 2015, where do you draft him?

Assuming he doesn't reach MLB this year but is starting in 2015, where do you draft him?

good question but i am almost 100% sure he will be called up this year when roster expand

good question but i am almost 100% sure he will be called up this year when roster expand

I thought the Dodgers already officially announced last week that both Pederson and Alex Guerrero are coming up September 1st.

I believe I've seen a few blurbs about him getting the promo on the 1st.

The real question will be PT.

Hes no doubt 100% coming up very shortly along with Alex G. We shall find out how high/low he will be picked next year.. or at least a decent idea

Doesn't sound like he'll play very much, but I'm still pumped he'll be up in September. Been a long time coming. He's an exciting young player.

Called up. Anybody think it's worth it to add him to your roster? Puig has been slumping..perhaps that will allow Joc to get some playing time?

Called up. Anybody think it's worth it to add him to your roster? Puig has been slumping..perhaps that will allow Joc to get some playing time?

No

20/20 is amazing.... let alone for a rookie. Do we really think he can hit that, especially the power at Chavez Ravine

I'm keeping him in my nl only league but I don't think I can pencil him in for 20/20. He should play everyday but during spring training we will get a better idea of how they'll start him. His strikeout rates from what I remember last year were pretty high. I haven't really researched this year yet.

yea i think he can go 20/20 only a handful of rookie cf have done it but the power is there he hit a couple of moon shots last year.

i am just a little higher on his avg than most projections i just dont see him hitting 220 and still get 500 plus abs

270 might be a little high but i dont see how he can hit under 250

http://rotochamp.com/baseball/Player.aspx?MLBAMID=592626

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=32527837&topic_id=18601626&c_id=&sid=milb

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140516&content_id=75643978&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=32779209

probably more but i think you can get the picture

Why is this thread on the minor league page? He finished last season on the major league active roster and is slated to be the starting CF from day one?

i just responded because it was bumped on my content

still has to beat out ethier

Thanks. But even if he ended up as the 4th outfielder (not likely) he is still on the ML roster and will be this season too, right? Not that it wouldn't be bad to start a new MLB one for him because who needs 20+ pages of his growth through the minors the last few years at this point.

20/20 is amazing.... let alone for a rookie. Do we really think he can hit that, especially the power at Chavez Ravine

In a word, or two, hell no.

Why is this thread on the minor league page? He finished last season on the major league active roster and is slated to be the starting CF from day one?

Thread now started in main forum.

We can close this one up. Our boy has graduated.

I want to bring up something that I heard on a podcast that was a very interesting argument. This was from the angle of fantasy baseball value not real life career projections. One side said take Buxton over Pederson in a Dynasty League and dont look back. At first glance I thought yea of course thats the call. Then the other gentlemen made his argument for Pederson over Buxton and here are some cliff notes:

1. He called Buxton the next Carl Crawford in that he will be chronically hurt, never reach the crazy high ceiling bestowed on him.

2. He says his lack of HR power will be even more exposed once he faces MLB pitching.

3. He is not proven and all projections are based on pure hype. He said and I agree AA is the hardest test for all Milb players and Buxton has nothing to show at this level of competition unlike Pederson.

4. Pederson has done everything you would want a stud to do at both AA and AAA levels and should be treated as a proven prospect not a "could be" prospect.

5. Too much of what makes him great is defensive value and that does not play in fantasy baseball.

6. Pederson has already had a cup of coffee at 22yrs old with a proven track record and Buxton is 1 year younger still trying to simply stay healthy to prove what he can do with Milb pitching.

I have to say the dude had some good points and changed my opinion from of course i take Buxton over Pederson to maybe i should think again on this call.