Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Joc Pederson - OF LAD

Have the Dodgers announced he is coming up yet, or is this speculation?

We still aren't even sure Kemp needs a DL. I think most people assume he will just because of how poorly he has played recently.

OK, so now what? I'm starting to doubt whether either Pederson or Puig is getting called up.

Andre Ethier is making just his second career start in center field Thursday against the Angels.

Matt Kemp seems likely to head to the disabled list, so the Dodgers are giving Ethier a shot at a position he's played just once since 2007. He's unlikely to be used there regularly, as the Dodgers figure to give Skip Schumaker a shot there or call up Joc Pederson.

OK, so now what? I'm starting to doubt whether either Pederson or Puig is getting called up.

Andre Ethier is making just his second career start in center field Thursday against the Angels.

Matt Kemp seems likely to head to the disabled list, so the Dodgers are giving Ethier a shot at a position he's played just once since 2007. He's unlikely to be used there regularly, as the Dodgers figure to give Skip Schumaker a shot there or call up Joc Pederson.

They're not going to keep Ethier in CF, it's just a temporary thing in case Kemp can avoid the DL. If Kemp hits the DL, I imagine Pederson would get called up since he can play center.

Ethier in CF? Are you kidding me? This team is going nowhere.

Who is not in the AA lineup tonight? Are we referring to Joc? If so, he almost certainly is heading up then after this news of Kemp hitting the DL.

They gave Puig the day off yesterday. BUT this and all the reports point to Joc in LA.

Joc Pederson is not in the lineup at Double-A Chattanooga Thursday.

Pederson could be on his way up with Matt Kemp going on the DL, though the Dodgers haven't said at this point that that's what will happen. He's worth a speculative pick-up in deeper leagues, though. Yasiel Puig is playing in Pederson's place.

Anyone have a guess as to when yahoo will add him so that I can add him?

Depends on your league but it's usually the day of or after they play their first game.

Depends on your league but it's usually the day of or after they play their first game.

And they enter on waivers? Is that correct?

Yes, correct.

I need to read earlier posts before I post the same information. Apologies...

Yes, correct.

Damn, my leagues waiver period is like 2 days so basically I'm looking at missing 3-4 days of Young Joc.

...and he will be sent right down when Kemp returns correct?

...and he will be sent right down when Kemp returns correct?

Like people on this forum know that answer? While it's likely, they're a severely underperforming offense. If he comes up and lights it up giving them the spark they need, they might consider keeping him around -- although at the expense of Kemp's playing is really unlikely. Maybe a 4th OF or someone they move around.

let's just hope he rakes

Not in the AA lineup tonight.

Woooooot!

grrrrrr....yahoo does not have him in the player database yet...

Gotta make the switch to ESPN like we did a few years ago. I snatched up Joc when everyone was sleeping....mouhahah.

Leader in sports hosting your league > search engine

lol

Wow looks like it was just a routine day off for Joc. They're calling up Tony Gwynn...ya the one that can't hit in that family. Weeeeee.

Wow looks like it was just a routine day off for Joc. They're calling up Tony Gwynn...ya the one that can't hit in that family. Weeeeee.

Wow.

Ridiculous.

Team has been saying for weeks that they need a shot in the arm to get their offense going, have 2 of the hottest minor league hitters, both ready to come up...

and they call up a guy who has proven for years and years that he can't hit in the majors.

I'm not even surprised. This team has no guts. Why call up talented minor leaguers when you have old AAAA trash walking around in your minor league system?