Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiskeyriver

Joc Pederson - OF LAD

So are we 100% sure no Pederson, I need the roster spot but would hate to drop him if this isn't true.

So are we 100% sure no Pederson, I need the roster spot but would hate to drop him if this isn't true.

Nothing is set in stone yet but it seems they might be going with Tony Gwynn. If you can wait 12-24 hours you should have your answer

This Gwynn thing seems to be speculative too, I haven't seen anything confirmed.

The Dodgers' MLB page says they'll bring up a CF "by the end of this weekend." They sure don't seem to be in any hurry. Are they interested in winning games?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130530&content_id=49117776&notebook_id=49117780&vkey=notebook_la&c_id=la

This Gwynn thing seems to be speculative too, I haven't seen anything confirmed.

The Dodgers' MLB page says they'll bring up a CF "by the end of this weekend." They sure don't seem to be in any hurry. Are they interested in winning games?

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...book_la&c_id=la

Dodgers are a poorly run organization but thats a whole different topic that we could go on and on about. Its also one reason I'm waiting on more confirmation before dropping Pederson. One week its "we considered Puig and Pederson" and now when there is room they aren't considering them? One thing is clear, Mattingly is not calling the shots and probably has little influence on it right now.

Can we now speculate if Joc comes up now that Crawford is going to be out probably close to a month? Hell, why not at this point. No Kemp, no Crawford and Ethier is garbage. Just saying.

Can we now speculate if Joc comes up now that Crawford is going to be out probably close to a month? Hell, why not at this point. No Kemp, no Crawford and Ethier is garbage. Just saying.

Who are you to doubt the Scott Van Slyke Show

Any chance the Dodgers call up Joc Pederson to join Puig in the outfield in LA?

slightly higher chance now that kemp is gonna be out a bit longer, but I still doubt it.

Just a note that Joc has been hitting well since Puig's call. I would think it is at least being discussed with Kemp's latest setback.

Let's see.....Ethier has a hurt foot and has been terrible, Kemp has a setback and no one is sure when he is back, Crawford is still not playing and Van Slyke's .221 average is uninspiring. I think it is time to call up The "Joc" to join the Puig party, wouldn't you say LA?

Let's see.....Ethier has a hurt foot and has been terrible, Kemp has a setback and no one is sure when he is back, Crawford is still not playing and Van Slyke's .221 average is uninspiring. I think it is time to call up The "Joc" to join the Puig party, wouldn't you say LA?

no.

Well, I just read something that has LA discussing a possible replacement for Kemp as soon as tomorrow and Joc is being discussed as one of the options. With all that is going on in LA right now, it would not shock me to see him called up. On another note, Ethier will be traded almost definitely in a deal with probably another decent farm player I am sure so the Dodgers can bring in another arm for their stable. I don't feel overly confident about Beckett making a return this year and they will need to replace him if the Dodgers are going to make any kind of run.

Going back to Joc, I still think you will see him sooner than later. Mark my words.

Just an update.....but have some factors that might attribute Joc being called up shortly. Matt Kemp still out, Crawford still at least 3 weeks away from a return and Ethier playing with a hurt foot. Now Van Slyke was pulled before tonight game from a diving catch the other day with stiffness of the neck and shoulder being involved. And here comes the kicker folks......after Van Slyke's announcement of being pulled before tonight's game, Joc Pederson had just flied out in his first AB with Chattanooga this evening only to be defensively pulled thereafter. Fingers crossed, but I hope this means he is finally going to be joining the party with Puig. And then couple that with Mattingly moving Puig to the cleanup spot tonight only to possibly been thinking all along that Joc Pederson will be the missing piece at the top of the order. It might be time for The "Joc"!!!

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, June 11, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, June 11, 2013 - No reason given

Just an update.....but have some factors that might attribute Joc being called up shortly. Matt Kemp still out, Crawford still at least 3 weeks away from a return and Ethier playing with a hurt foot. Now Van Slyke was pulled before tonight game from a diving catch the other day with stiffness of the neck and shoulder being involved. And here comes the kicker folks......after Van Slyke's announcement of being pulled before tonight's game, Joc Pederson had just flied out in his first AB with Chattanooga this evening only to be defensively pulled thereafter. Fingers crossed, but I hope this means he is finally going to be joining the party with Puig. And then couple that with Mattingly moving Puig to the cleanup spot tonight only to possibly been thinking all along that Joc Pederson will be the missing piece at the top of the order. It might be time for The "Joc"!!!

Is this real? I need to pull the trigger now if it is for my dynasty league.

I know nothing about this kid. What player does he project to be like and what's his upside?

Very interesting... Though I think Van Slyke will probably be back in the lineup tomorrow as he supposedly suffered the injury on the 25th. I think its more likely they're just giving him a day off today because of his recent 0fer streak. Are you sure joc wasn't just pulled because of some sort of injury or something?

Just a note that Joc has been hitting well since Puig's call. I would think it is at least being discussed with Kemp's latest setback.

What setback?

Matt Kemp could be back next week. Don Mattingly said Kemp could start rehab as early as Friday. #Dodgers

What setback?

Matt Kemp could be back next week. Don Mattingly said Kemp could start rehab as early as Friday. #Dodgers

There was an update yesterday that he's had a setback (soreness) and won't be back Friday.

Even if Kemp is back next week they could still use this guy with Van Slyke struggling a bit

where would the open roster spot come from?

Send Van Slyke back down

FYI that will be sure to piss people off! He's not in Yahoo's! player pool (as far as I can tell). :D

So much for making use of that empty roster spot with a quick choice... ugh.

Anyone know his status in ESPN/CBS' pools? Or how long it will take Yahoo! to add someone like him, generally? (Should he even be called up... it annoys me he isn't there anyway, but still.)

If anyone in LA can give us a signal that he is coming up, please let us know immediately. I really think after all of the signs, I think we might be looking at the new leadoff hitter for the Dodgers shortly. It's hopefully time for theeeeeeeeee...............Joc Pederson Show!!!

And just to reiterate for those late to the party, he was in fact pulled after the 1st inning in tonight's game @ Chattanooga for a defensive replacement.