Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JohnJSal

Moustakas is terrible: help me choose a backup 3B

10 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm going to try this question again with some new options, because I'm really frustrated that Moustakas is producing almost literally nothing for my team. The only position I don't have a backup for is 3B, naturally, so I'll probably have to drop Moustakas to make room for another 3B. Here are my options:

Pedro Alvarez

Jedd Gyorko

Trevor Plouffe

Lonnie Chisenhall

Juan Francisco

Those are the top 3B choices available right now. They all have much better production than Moustakas, though all but Francisco have low BAs, and the problem with him is that he's still platooning and I don't think I can risk that if this will be my only 3B.

Based on the lineups for the past week, all of these guys have sat out two or three games, so I'm wondering if any others are in a platoon situation as well, or if they just had regular days off.

Thoughts about what to do with Moustakas? He's really annoying me, but I don't want to be hasty either.

Thanks.

1 person likes this

I had him too and dropped him a week and a half ago because it was infuriating to watch him, and he kept going O fer nightly. I know people say "Be patient" but i just had a dislike for him. Is Josh Donaldson availabe in your league? He has been pretty decent for me.

out of all those guys I believe Gyorko would see the most at bats, but he plays for the Padres. Not exactly going to score a ton of runs. Man that list is ugly haha

Alvarez blows but at least hes hot now. Ride him until the wheels fall off. I actually wouldn't drop Moose as bad as he's been. Sometimes when you are weak at a position dropping a player you have with the same position compounds the problem because the player pool at 3b is so shallow. At least if you keep Moose and add Alvarez you can try to ride the hot hand or play matchups instead of being perpetually stuck with one bad slumping option. I'd drop Wandy for Alvarez probably because we all know what he is anyway.

Alvarez blows but at least hes hot now. Ride him until the wheels fall off. I actually wouldn't drop Moose as bad as he's been. Sometimes when you are weak at a position dropping a player you have with the same position compounds the problem because the player pool at 3b is so shallow. At least if you keep Moose and add Alvarez you can try to ride the hot hand or play matchups instead of being perpetually stuck with one bad slumping option. I'd drop Wandy for Alvarez probably because we all know what he is anyway.

I'd love to keep Moustakas and just add someone else, but I don't really want to drop anyone else right now. I like have 6 SP, and I definitely don't want to drop any RP. My roster is pretty tight right now, and Wandy's doing pretty well so far.

Gyorko is only useful at 2B. As a 3B he is very weak. Even though pedro is not a great choice if u must get a 3B he is ur choice.

I'd love to keep Moustakas and just add someone else, but I don't really want to drop anyone else right now. I like have 6 SP, and I definitely don't want to drop any RP. My roster is pretty tight right now, and Wandy's doing pretty well so far.

Why not drop Jansen. If it is std Yahoo public league, there are no Holds. Brandon League isn't gonna lose the closer job anytime soon. And if he does, so what? You already have 3 closers and that is more then plenty in a h2h Yahoo std.

Why not drop Jansen. If it is std Yahoo public league, there are no Holds. Brandon League isn't gonna lose the closer job anytime soon. And if he does, so what? You already have 3 closers and that is more then plenty in a h2h Yahoo std.

I've gotten 6 saves and 11 K from him. Seems pretty decent. But is he not the closer then?