Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willsea33

Ryan Doumit 2013 Outlook

41 posts in this topic

He hasn't played for 3 straight days now. Is he going to continue to sit or will he start getting full-time at bats again?

I have him as my 2nd catcher but unfortunately it looks like MIN wants to roll with Arcia at DH over Doumit. Don't see it changing any time soon.

It might change, Arcia is doing squat. He will be given a chance, but if he keeps this up, Doumit will be back in the lineup in no time and Arcia will be back in AAA.

As I wrote the above post, Arcia hits a 3 run dinger and Doumit comes in for a pinch hit and pops up. That sums up my season so far.

2 people like this

dont know what to do with doumit. The guy was one of the best hitters at the catcher spot last year and and now they have acria whos horrible. Do they really love Arcia that they have to give him all the pt even though hes done nothing except for a lucky hr. I dont get it, because you got doumit whos easily there 4th best hitter after the mauer, morneau, and willy.

Yeah I'm in a 12-team, 2 catcher league and I dropped. Not getting the ABs

Have to admit I almost dropped him a few days ago, but looks like he starting to come around.

Have to admit I almost dropped him a few days ago, but looks like he starting to come around.

I held too and glad I did. Should have gone 4-4, but got robbed with a catch high off the wall. He needs to start hitting LD and flies. Been too much on the ground. He's getting some lift now and good contact. He'll stay in the lineup this week as long as he's hot.

for a guy owned so low he seems pretty good. starting to heat up

He's a nice versatile option. Projects for .275 20-25 hrs with C/OF eligibility. Slumped at start but now is doing his thing of late.

He's a nice versatile option. Projects for .275 20-25 hrs with C/OF eligibility. Slumped at start but now is doing his thing of late.

Since he's 32 and has only hit double-digit HRs 4 times, with 18 being his high, I would say he does not project at 20-25 HRs.

Since he's 32 and has only hit double-digit HRs 4 times, with 18 being his high, I would say he does not project at 20-25 HRs.

2 more with more at bats is not a stretch to me.

2 more with more at bats is not a stretch to me.

That projection is sound.

I've had him benched all season but am finally using him again over Gattis.

Doumit really helped my team this week when I was able to plug him in for Kemp. He has great numbers vs his first 3 opposing pitchers this week. Then he goes to Washington for 3. Any Minny homers out there know how many games we would expect him to play in the three game series at Washington?

Don't live in Minny, but I would expect him to catch one game, play OF in another, and PH in the other.

He'll probably catch 1 game and play OF in the others. They'll figure out a way to keep his bat in the lineup even in a NL park.

I'm tempted to grab this guy. Still currently rostering Miguel Montero but i'm at my wits end, guy is posting yet another 0'fer tonight.

Doumit or Montero from here on out?

I'm tempted to grab this guy. Still currently rostering Miguel Montero but i'm at my wits end, guy is posting yet another 0'fer tonight.

Doumit, hands down. Grab him now. He's heating up and correction is going up to his norm.

Same boat as you, only I made the move prior to this week. Feels great having him in my lineup over that turd Montero.

Dude is straight en fuego.

Sure looks to be on a nice little tear after a slow start to the season. Seems a lot of owners are in need of help at C unless you have one of the big boys. Sure could do a lot worse than Doumit and his ownership numbers would indicate he's still available in a lot of leagues.

woooo. finally picked up a guy to ride the lightning and he didn't go 0/15 the next few games.. nice 2r bomb doumit. keep it up.