Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

capattack

Nolan Arenado 2013 Outlook

751 posts in this topic

Troy Renck the Rox beat writer just tweeted that Arenado is headed to the big leagues tomorrow after Chris Nelson was DFA'D... Woohoo!!!

3 people like this

The Rockies appear in it to win it now, no reason not to upgrade their 3B situation. Expectations for this season?

Wow... Saw this tweet too regarding where he would hit in the lineup...

Troy Renck@TroyRenck20m

Don't know. But I think he could hit second soon. RT @denverguitar1: Likely the 8 hole for Arenado...game 1?

Is there a sweeter spot out there then right in front of Cargo and Tulo in Coors field? He has been raking in the minors so far this year too.. Coors field went back to being silly ridiculous last year, Arenado could immediately become an impact fantasy bat.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, April 28, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Would you guys rather hold on to a player like Ike Davis? Or pick up Arenado? Trying to gauge his worth.

I was about to go to bed. Thanks for breaking the news guys. Hope the kid does well.

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...ws_col&c_id=col

As was I. Another lottery ticket, hopefully he works out better than Rendon has. He's had chances in the past, but this year is producing well in AAA and MAYBE this time it translates.

do you guys think Arenado is the type of pick-up that you add no matter what? i'm having a hard time deciding who to drop. guys like Manny Machado, Mark Reynolds, etc. come to mind. I just have this similar type feeling, like when i was deciding who to drop for Mike Trout last year.

1 person likes this

thank you guys, just found him still available, now I need to flip someone for a 2b, have too many CI's

Beltre-Konerko-Moss-Encarnacion, filling 1st,3rd, CI, Util.

2b---Brian Dozier puke

Must. Add. Right. Now.

Current line in the pcl is 14/3/21/0/.364. In 75 PA. 11 2b, and also sports a 1.059 ops (392 667)

He should beast it in the thin air.

Can't believe this. Best news to wake up too

1 person likes this

Thanks for the heads up guys!! Just scooped him.... I love Rotoworld but I have noticed they have been real slow with information this season. I'm a junkie when it comes to these threads so i appreciate the up to date info.

2 people like this

I'm going to knickname him "the worm"!!! I got up unusually early today for no reason and was lucky enough to pick him up in all 3 leagues. Thanks capattack.

Would you guys rather hold on to a player like Ike Davis? Or pick up Arenado? Trying to gauge his worth.

I dropped Moustakas for him. I hope this wasnt premature. ie. Goldschmidt last year.

Lucky me. I only had to drop Dozier.

I dropped Moustakas for him. I hope this wasnt premature. ie. Goldschmidt last year.

You may have jumped the gun on that one...

I hope he fails because I don't have him.

Just kidding, congrats guys and to those that held on to him this long.

Is he worth dropping Middlebrooks for? Or even Teixeira on the DL?

You may have jumped the gun on that one...

It's a pretty deep league too. I figured what the heck, you don't win a championship by playing scared (I usually do) and Moose was the only guy I could see parting with. I have Youk so I'm not in that bad of shape. I always miss these prospects when they come up and so I told myself not this time.

I hope he fails because I don't have him.

Just kidding, congrats guys and to those that held on to him this long.

I honestly feel like that a lot FUM. But, not in this case.

The Rockies have some tough matchups this week, so I'm definitely going to temper my expectations at first. Don't need to go off the deep end like alot of folks did with Rendon, who think is Jesus Christ Jr. 3B is starting to look better as a whole, but I'm rolling with Donaldson until he cools off. All about what have you done for me lately.

1 person likes this

The Rockies have some tough matchups this week, so I'm definitely going to temper my expectations at first. Don't need to go off the deep end like alot of folks did with Rendon, who think is Jesus Christ Jr. 3B is starting to look better as a whole, but I'm rolling with Donaldson until he cools off. All about what have you done for me lately.

I admit I think we all got a little over excited about Rendon. I know I did and my dream scenario was that he would hit right away and then get 2B eligibility. But I think Arenado is more ready for the majors. We also know that he isn't going to get sent back down if he has a week or two of bad games like Rendon.

1 person likes this

I had him stashed in 3 leagues due to an abysmal 3B situation. Great news. I think he is ready to hit at the MLB level.

Yeah, 2 major differences are Coors Field and an actual position to play. Rendon had nowhere to go. Arenado could theoretically be here all year with little competition.

5 of his first 6 games will be against Lefties. I haven't checked his splits yet but I assume this was coordinated.