Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phina11y

Garrett Jones 2013 Outlook

10 posts in this topic

There's no 2013 thread for him? 1B/OF sleeper. Quietly hit .274AVG, 27HR, 28 2B, 86RBI, 68R, 2SB .832OPS last year. Hitting at .319AVG, 3HR, 15RBI, 1SB and OPS over 900 this year. Batting cleanup for an under rated Pirates team with potential to be very good. I'm buying.

You just have to remember to only put him in versus righties only cause he is a platoon player. But yeah he has a tendency to fly under the radar.

So, my hitters are struggling and I pick up Garrett Jones this week in a weekly league because I really liked his matchups this week.

Lots of soft-tossing righties who can serve up the long ball.

Starting today with Marco Estrada. Too bad he's not in the lineup though! Makes sense!...

He's been pretty solid but sits vs most lefties. Not really sure why he's sitting today...he crushes righties and Estrade is prone to the long ball.

But has been great for me!

I'm surprised that he's sitting and Sanchez is playing. Jones is crushing righties and Sanchez is hitting well vs lefties. I guess they don't take Estrada serious at all lol.

Dammit, I have him locked in for the week.

I'm thinking about picking him up. Do you guys know if his playing time is limited?

With few exceptions, he plays against righties so just check the pitching match-ups down the line and use accordingly.

Any Value here? I have Laroche, but he has been cold lately, so I am considering picking up Jones. Is he platooning or is he getting everyday Ab's? From what I see, it looks like he's getting a good amount of Ab's. Although his numbers are down this year. Anyone expecting a power surge?