Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duke of queens

Daniel Hudson 2013 Outlook

48 posts in this topic

Is it time to stash him.? He can be unhittable at times.

If Daniel Hudson can return to form he could be a great DL stash. I just am not sure where his K's will be coming back. But worth a look for sure.

Only 2 years removed from a 16 win season and sub 4.00 ERA. If he can keep the WHIP down and get some run support I think he can be worth a 4th or 5th spot on a staff.

His value moving forward is going to be league settings dependent. We won't know how he'll respond until we see him, but in redrafts he might be a wait and see, keeper/dynasty leagues, he should be stashed already, if not, now is the time.

26 yrs old, with a lifetime 3.68ers in 381ip with a 1.21whip and a 7.18K/9.

love Hudson... i've had him stashed in 2 leagues since opening day.

I do like Hudson but thats a long time to wait if the early July estitmate still holds true. For a DL spot thats fine but for a bench spot you may miss out on some guys that can contribute the next two months.

Just picked him up. Hoping he can be back by the end of June. I figure if he is already throwing 50 pitches in a simulated game that he isn't all that far off from a rehab assignment. It will be interesting to see who the DBacks take out of the rotation. Corbin and Miley aren't going anywhere...

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 21, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

I'm hoping I can grab him once Cory Hart gets activated, do you think I still have a couple weeks to let him sit on the WW?

I just don't know where they put him when he comes back. Kennedy, Miley, Corbin, Cahill have to be safe. Maybe McCarthy if he continues to struggle? but they did just sign him and he has looked better of late.

I think he will be the fill in starter at first and work from the pen, but once McCarthy starts getting knocked around again they will switch places. Or if Hudson thrives in the bullpen role maybe try him out in the closer role(he has the stuff). I don't see Bell holding on too long.

I just don't know where they put him when he comes back. Kennedy, Miley, Corbin, Cahill have to be safe. Maybe McCarthy if he continues to struggle? but they did just sign him and he has looked better of late.

mccarthy will get hurt... always does

id want lewis or beachy before him

Absolutely. They have guarenteed spots. My question is him or Pineda? That is a toss up and they should be back around the same time.

id want lewis or beachy before him

Absolutely. They have guarenteed spots. My question is him or Pineda? That is a toss up and they should be back around the same time.

My order of DL stashes would be:

Beachy-has the stuff and offense to back him up and a guaranteed spot. Also in the NL east.

Pineda-probably the highest ceiling of the four but being in the AL east puts him below Beachy

Hudson- not guaranteed a spot, but can easily get in the rotation by being old Hudson

Lewis-worried about health and pitching in that park could be a nightmare

I had the choice of Lewis (Beachy and Pineda already stashed). Could have looked at Luebke but he keeps having major setbacks. I just don't think that Lewis is very good. He is ok as a back of the rotation fill in, but Hudson could easily be a SP4/SP5 right away. That is very valuable in most leagues. Hudson was a top 30-40 pitcher going into last season before his injury problems. His fastball has life, and he is throwing simulated games. If i am looking for a safe bet I would go Hudson and Beachy first then Pineda because of the upside, and I don't really care between Luebke and Lewis because I dont think either of them hold much redraft value this year. Lewis just because his talent level isn't that high, and Luebke because I think you are waiting at least 6 weeks if not longer for his return.

I had the choice of Lewis (Beachy and Pineda already stashed). Could have looked at Luebke but he keeps having major setbacks. I just don't think that Lewis is very good. He is ok as a back of the rotation fill in, but Hudson could easily be a SP4/SP5 right away. That is very valuable in most leagues. Hudson was a top 30-40 pitcher going into last season before his injury problems. His fastball has life, and he is throwing simulated games. If i am looking for a safe bet I would go Hudson and Beachy first then Pineda because of the upside, and I don't really care between Luebke and Lewis because I dont think either of them hold much redraft value this year. Lewis just because his talent level isn't that high, and Luebke because I think you are waiting at least 6 weeks if not longer for his return.

Good points. I would stash him over Luebke as well. I just have the feeling they rest him the whole year.

Theres some doubt with all these DL stashes. Even Beachy is going to come back to a potentially crowded rotation. Medlen came back later in the season when he was coming off tommy john but they stuck him in the pen to finish. Not saying its going to happen but are any of these guys really locks to have a rotation spot and produce? I always like these tommy john guys the following season, much more of a track record for success.

Theres some doubt with all these DL stashes. Even Beachy is going to come back to a potentially crowded rotation. Medlen came back later in the season when he was coming off tommy john but they stuck him in the pen to finish. Not saying its going to happen but are any of these guys really locks to have a rotation spot and produce? I always like these tommy john guys the following season, much more of a track record for success.

He should take Hudson's spot but we all know that won't happen. You are right nothing is set in stone, but you would have to think he will take Teheran's spot even though he has improved of late.

Hes on the fast track but no spot in the rotation

He is better than half of their rotation, so if he is healthy he will start.

With McCarthy to the DL a spot is definitely open for Hudson now. Rehab start in AA Tuesday I believe and could be ready after 2 or 3 games

With McCarthy to the DL a spot is definitely open for Hudson now. Rehab start in AA Tuesday I believe and could be ready after 2 or 3 games

I wouldn't hold my breath:

Steve Gilbert@SteveGilbertMLB

#Dbacks put RHP Brandon McCarthy on DL and recall RHP Randall Delgado for now. Likely will use LHP Tyler Skaggs on Tuesday in StL.

Gibson said earlier today that Hudson would get two starts in the minors before being recalled, the 1st one being this Tuesday....stash him now. reports were he hit 95mph on the radar in his last outing.