Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

Marshawn "Beastmode" Lynch 2013 Season Outlook

404 posts in this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpNuJfAf00Y

Marshawn Lynch finished 4th among fantasy RB's last season and I expect better from him this upcoming season. He started off slow, averaging rushing 91.5 and only gaining 2 TD's in the first 6 games of the season. The remainder of the season? 104.1 rushing yards per game and 10 total TD's. As Russell Wilson grows as a QB, the Seahawks will rely on their defense and running game, and there is no timeshare in this backfield.

When watching towards the end of the year especially, I was struck by how well this coaching staff and offense understood who they were, what resources they had, and how to use them throughout four quarters of football. That's more than I can say for the offenses that feature the 3 rbs who are likely to go ahead of him. Not saying I'd take him over AP, Doug, or Foster but if I were to make a case I'd start there. No hesitation at 4, that's for sure.

i would not be surprised if he's the top RB this year. i'd still take AP ... but mobile QB + Harvin could really open things up for mr. lynch.

top 3-5 pick at least.

Strongly considering ranking him as my #2 overall RB. His ceiling might not be as high as guys like DMartin, TRich, Spiller, Charles, McCoy, etc. but his floor of 1,200 rush yards and 10 TD seems like a lock considering how well he played down the stretch as RWilson greatly improved and the team went 7-1 over their 2nd half of the season. He also clearly has the upside of a career year along the lines of 1,800 total yards and 15+ TD. Be thrilled if you are picking in the 5-7 range and Lynch ends up falling to you.

He drops a little in my PPR formats, but he's surely right there for a Top 5 spot still.

Not sure I could take him over AP, D.Martin, Foster (or Calvin), but he's probably a safer bet than Charles, Spiller, Rice or McCoy; gonna be a tough ranking of those next 5 for me this year, all 4 of the non-Lynch guys get a monster boost in receptions, but all 4 should have a handful less TD's.

Definitely has a bit less value in PPR but he is an absolute stud in any format, plain and simple.

I've always been a believer in his talent but what I've seen from him over the past couple seasons has been remarkable.

Also, due to under-usage in Buffalo, Lynch doesn't have as much mileage as many owners think.

Lynch is #4 on my board. I've never been too high on him before, but he has a 2 season track record and lets be honest since their string of superbowl appearances Buffalo has given me no reason to believe they have any clue with that there doing. So i sort of disregard his days in buffalo.

i think Harvin will add to his value. Harvin isn't a big WR, so he's not an ideal red zone threat, but he sure as heck is going to help keep those chains moving towards the end zone. Better offense = more total plays = more yards and TD opportunities for Lynch. Seattle is run first and will in all likelihood continue to be. Only concerns i have for Lynch are small but still relevant: these reports of back spasms we keep seeing him & having all that RB depth (are they going to try to preserve his legs for inevitable playoff run?)

I was a huge skeptic last season but he proved himself. I would put him at #4 as well this year in my rankings.

I think Percy is going to help.

No more putting 8/9 in the box every play.

Super mobile QB + quick versitile chess peice WR around the line = big holes for Lynch.

I'm surprised that it took so long for many people to jump on the bandwagon. He was super-human down the stretch in 2011. His run vs. the Saints in those playoffs was one of the most beastly plays I've ever seen.

Also, I have no idea how Harvin's arrival would have an adverse effect on Lynch's value.

Handcuff with Turbin or the Rookie Christine Michael is the real question

I'd say Michael is the handcuff. If they were big at all on Turbin, why would they have used a mid-round pick on another young back? Preseason should be very telling.

Preseason should be very telling.

^This. May is the time for discussion of talent. August is the time for discussion of depth charts.

Marshawn Lynch's motion to suppress evidence hearing stemming from his 2012 DUI has been delayed until July 5.

The motion was originally expected to be heard yesterday and a jury trial was scheduled for June 21. Now the entire case has been pushed back and there's no trial date set, making it possible that this bleeds into training camp. It creates a hairy situation for fantasy owners, as Lynch could be facing a suspension from the league if he's found guilty. Robert Turbin and Christine Michael are taking the reps at OTAs this week as Lynch trains on his own.

Does this worry anybody? As one of my keeper Im a little nervous but dont know much about the legal aspect of things. Would this potentially be a 4 game suspension? Any ideas/thoughts/expertise?

Been so long, the liars/lawyers will figure out a way to get him off of legal action. He still may see a game or two suspension even if he gets off from the DUI charges though.

He's been suspended before right? So he might be looking at 4 games for sure.

He fell in drafts last year because he was "for sure" getting suspended. It's a tough situation, but can't just assume he's for sure getting suspended.

He fell in drafts last year because he was "for sure" getting suspended. It's a tough situation, but can't just assume he's for sure getting suspended.

Well if he's convicted he'll be suspended, he was suspended in 2009 once already. If he pleads it out though who knows what will happen.

Lol, yeah. I enjoyed picking up Lynch late 2nd/early 3rd in some early drafts last season after people were scared off by his "certain" impending suspension.

So the question then....still worth an 8th rd keeper even if suspended 4 games? I would think yes...

Absolutely. Without a doubt. That's not even worth questioning.

So the question then....still worth an 8th rd keeper even if suspended 4 games? I would think yes...

If I told you you could draft a RB in the 8th round thatll give you 12 games of stud production - would you draft him?

If I told you you could draft a RB in the 8th round thatll give you 12 games of stud production - would you draft him?

Absoulutely. My only concern is having him and Martin as my two keepers. Do you think rather than going with the wr/wr approach at 1.12 and 2.1, I should now try to grab another RB?