Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J.T. Marlin

Leonard Hankerson 2013 Season Outlook

29 posts in this topic

Absolutely nobody talking about this guy (and maybe for good reason) heading into the 2013 season. Garcon's the clear #1 WR (if healthy) but after that, the #2 WR job should be there for the taking for Hankerson. He was clearly inconsistent last season but any young & big WR playing with RGIII should be on people's radar. Any chance he has a 3rd year WR breakout season?

He's 6'2" and ~209 pounds. I wouldn't exactly call him "big".

I drafted him for my dynasty league. His combine 40 was 4.40 but from what I've read he can't run routes well yet and he's used as a Z but should be an X or Y.

He didn't play until week 7 as a rookie and then he got hurt (torn hip labrum). He had an operation in 2012, his 1st full season, so he's not what I consider a 3rd year breakout candidate.

It's hard to see what he is capable of until he plays one more season, how the offense decides to use their rookie Joker TE Jordan Reed, whether Garcon stays healthy and, more importantly, what happens with RG3.

There's just too many questions around the guy to be worth bothering with him. I'm starting to suspect he'll be a starter but not a factor for fantasy football purposes.

This thread needs a supplemental thread for Kirk Kellen Clarence Clemons Cousins. And a day by day report on Argee Three's Knees.

My WR depth is ugly as sin in one league after a draft this late Aug. I'm looking at the #2 guy in WAS and wondering if Hankerson can be that guy. Looks possible. I guess I'm thinking there is a bit of hope here.

Kyle Shanahan's offense is the same one the texans ran if I'm correct. Garçon is the Andre Johnson. The second WR is used to block in this offense. Garçon and Fred Davis are the only Redskin pass catchers worth using aside from possibly Helu.

Their #2 WR is Josh Morgan and they love his blocking.

WAS is looking for someone to compliment Garcon though, and Morgan is not that guy, much closer to the end than the beginning of his career at this point. Hankerson is that guy they are hoping RGIII can loft end zone TD passes to, he's big and lanky enough for that role. They need a bigger red zone target and Hankerson is on the only one on the WR depth chart fitting that description.

I think if there's a sleeper here, it would be Aldrick Robinson.

He may be the guy to push Moss off the field for good, and he has had the best preseason among the young Redskin WR's not named Garçon.

1 person likes this

am i the only one that noticed that this guy scored 2 TD's?

i'm surprised he hasn't created some buzz on this forum.

Garbage time TDs where the defense was playing zone. Average WR on a run first offense...

Not even recommended by RW in their weekly waiver article.

Garbage time TDs where the defense was playing zone. Average WR on a run first offense...

Still needs attention. RW has their favorites...

He has the talent to be a soild #2 in the nfl. The question has always been if he has the head and the hands.

Need to see more before I even remotely trust him but this was a step in the right direction

Not a bad guy to pick-up if you have some dead weight on your roster. I wouldn't burn a high waiver claim or much of your FAAB on him but he could become a bigger part of the offense going forward. He's tied to a great passing QB and a bunch of middling WR as competition for the WR2 spot, so there's a lot to like.

Worth a look in deeper leagues perhaps, maybe in 12 man if WR looks thin and you can afford to wait to see how he pans out over the next 2-3 weeks. I think his main issue is gaining the trust of the coaches and RGIII since he has a terrible case of the dropsies. Definitely has the physical tools, but in terms of having the "talent" to be a top WR? If you are regularly dropping easy catches as a WR then what does that say about your talent when you're having issues with a fundamental receiving skill. Drops are one of the biggest killers for the Redskins as it happens way too often in key situations, Hankerson definitely being part of the problem at times. I say this disappointingly as a Skins' fan as he's shown flashes but has yet to show significant progression.

But hey, its only one week in the season and he did numbers. Perhaps (hopefully) I'll be eating these words a month from now.

Washington is pretty weak at WR someone has to catch passes. He certainly looks much better than Josh Morgan so i defintely think hes worth picking up.

I think he is sort of Ty Hilton-lite. I had him last year and it was like playing the lotto of which week he would be exploding. Seems like guys like him are all or nothing throughout their seasons, never seems to be a middle ground.

Im tempted still, but I don't know.

Rotoworld is wrong a lot of the time by the way

1 person likes this

It is pretty crazy how no one seems to pick up this guy after a big week. I'm not saying everyone should, but usually people over react after one week of a great game, yet no one seems to be over reacting on him.

1 person likes this

^ that's why I grabbed Hank and passed on Jules. Let's see if I can get one right finally.

^ that's why I grabbed Hank and passed on Jules. Let's see if I can get one right finally.

Hankerson has some signs of a breakout: Talented 3 year WR with upside, no real WR2 in that offense (Moss is old and plays in the slot). RG 3 has a great arm, Garcon can get hurt. IMO he is worth a shot, I'm not sure he will be a consistent every week threat, but he should be worth a pick up in most leagues.

1 person likes this