Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strahanfan92

Ryan Raburn 2013 Outlook

29 posts in this topic

As streaky as they come. I just wonder where the PT will be once Swisher is 100% and Bourn comes off the DL.

Still worth a short term flier for sure though

Warning to y'all, I picked him up for a one day stream vs. Lee. 0 for 4 coming up.

Raburn is streaky as can be. He was decent at times when he had a full time OF job in Detroit, but that dwindled as the K's accumulated. You'll get a ton of those too. But he's on fire right now for the Tribe. Someone to consider riding.

I added him in 3 leagues yest. Needed a 2B with Walker down and his 2B/OF elig will come in handy if his heater can last.

Ride the hot train for about a week and then stream him out.

Just added in another league, I'm not even sure what this is, but he's beyond hot.

He is now 10 for his last 11, with 5 runs, 4 HR and 9 RBI.

He's like a righty Luke Scott. Just these absurd hot streaks from time to time followed by months of absolute futility. Ride this one for as long as it lasts.

I know a few games won't do it, but if he stays hot for another week and Kipnis continues to struggle, would they consider sending Kipnis down to work out the kinks once Bourn comes back?

Ra-burn baby burn!

So white hot he even defeats the smurf curse and got not one, but four hits!

If he can hit .270 with 15 HR's with 2B eligibility, I'm on board. Not sure if he will get the PT for it, but he always had pretty good pop.

The guy is 12 for his last 13 with 4 HRs. Going 12/13 is absolutely insane. It would be difficult t go 12/13 even if you hit screaming line drives every time up. I can't believe how hot he his.

so does he keep this up? Get enough PT and has 2nd/OF eligiblity to boot?

Two problems I have with Raburn - he can't keep this up (hitting over .300) and when Bourn returns, where will his AB's come from? Gonna try to ride him while he plays but see it ending soon.

so does he keep this up? Get enough PT and has 2nd/OF eligiblity to boot?

Two problems I have with Raburn - he can't keep this up (hitting over .300) and when Bourn returns, where will his AB's come from? Gonna try to ride him while he plays but see it ending soon.

While I agree he'll be hard pressed to see everyday ABs when the team gets healthy, I still think you'll see him play at least 4-5 games a week as I'd expect Tito to get creative with the lineup (ala the 1B/DH/Corner outfield spots).

If anyone stands to lose playing time, I'd have to argue it'd be Stubbs right now no?

Sooo I guess the party's over?

Yep, his own manager wasn't a believer.

Ill stick with him for one more week to see if he can bump stubbs or Giambi.. theres no doubting his power

Ill stick with him for one more week to see if he can bump stubbs or Giambi.. theres no doubting his power

He's played 33 games in his career at 3B, any chance he gets some of the starts that Chisenhall was getting?

Jim Leyland is going to have to excuse himself to the mens room with a bottle of lotion after seeing Raburn's line today.

Wow, I actually thought about picking up Raburn just for today because of his numbers against Sale and he hits lefties well. Soooooo much regret for not doing it.

Wow, I actually thought about picking up Raburn just for today because of his numbers against Sale and he hits lefties well. Soooooo much regret for not doing it.

I wanted to do the same, but he was still on waivers from when I picked him up the other day for a John Danks start. I've gotten 3 homers out of him in 9 games on my team. He just destroys lefties.

Here is the career monthly splits on Raburn:

May: 0.181

June: 0.244

July: 0.256

August: 0.313

September: 0.301

(Sample size: at least 270 ABs for each month)

He has consistently done that every year, except last year when the Tigers got sick of him and dump him in July.