Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Armalite

5.1.13 - Mets vs Marlins Gamethread

48 posts in this topic

Thought I'd post this for people to vent their frustration at starting Dillon Gee.

as a mets fan this is embarassing. We are about to get swept by the MARLINS. Step your stuff up Mets

Not sure why I even bothered to click here...my two best horses in this race aren't even playing today (Stanton, Harvey)...maybe I'll follow along to keep tabs on Murphy and Valdespin (if he even gets to play).

dont bother coming back this is just a mess for the Mets

Yep wright with a big fly here showing that his nagging injury may be just a thing of the past. And of course Byrd hits it hard for the first time in weeks and its right at the ss

What's going on with Ike Davis? His slow start last year I thought was tied to that virus he got but he's been actually been worse at the start of this year.

What's going on with Ike Davis? His slow start last year I thought was tied to that virus he got but he's been actually been worse at the start of this year.

Yea the West Nile virus was really bothering him, he is what he is A high k guy who refuses to move his stance closer to the plate to cover that outside zone which he keeps getting destroyed on

Annnnnd Gee starts to fall apart again. Guy can't handle guys on base behind him.

What a bum. Never again, I don't care if he starts against an injury riddled Padres at Petco, never again.

What a bum. Never again, I don't care if he starts against an injury riddled Padres at Petco, never again.

number 1 rule. Never trust a mets starter unless his last name begins with an H and ends in a Y

number 1 rule. Never trust a mets starter unless his last name begins with an H and ends in a Y

I'd thought I'd be ok starting any MLB pitcher against a essentially AAA line up but I guess not.

And I was called a hater for saying the Mets were doing it with smoke and mirros. Horrible offense, horrible pitching. Harvey, Wright, and maybe Parnell. Pretty much the only useful fantasy players/baseball players. I like Duda's OBP but that's going to regress to the mean too.

And I was called a hater for saying the Mets were doing it with smoke and mirros. Horrible offense, horrible pitching. Harvey, Wright, and maybe Parnell. Pretty much the only useful fantasy players/baseball players. I like Duda's OBP but that's going to regress to the mean too.

You keep forgetting about DANIEL MURPHY

That'll change in a couple of months when they call up the guy who begins with a W and ends in an R.

As for the game, the Mets are four innings away from being swept by a AAA team. Pretty embarrassing.

You keep forgetting about DANIEL MURPHY

Why would I roster Daniel Murphy? I just don't see it.

But I can see how he has value to a real MLB team though. Especially as a Utility guy.

EL CAPITAN with a double down the line. very nice piece of hitting as expected from Mr Wright

If Ike Davis finds a way to break out of his slump and Buck continues to hit as well or nearly as well as his has (which is less likely) I think they'll be ok.

If Ike Davis finds a way to break out of his slump and Buck continues to hit as well or nearly as well as his has (which is less likely) I think they'll be ok.

So if Ike Davis learns to hit a baseball and John Buck hits 50 the Mets will be ok?

So if Ike Davis learns to hit a baseball and John Buck hits 50 the Mets will be ok?

if ike hits 30 homeruns and Buck hits another 25 the mets could come out of this with a semi decent record

if ike hits 30 homeruns and Buck hits another 25 the mets could come out of this with a semi decent record

You do realize how unlikely that is, right?

If Sandy is smart he sells Buck, Ike, and literally everyone he can not named Wright, Harvey, Wheeler, Travis -- to anyone -- for more prospects and young guys with more potential. He has done a great job building assets and this team is going nowhere. A "semi-decent" record just means a worse draft pick for the Mets.