Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clintonj8

5.4.13 - Reds (Cingrani) @ Cubs (Samardzija) Gamethread

134 posts in this topic

Starting both in the standoff. I'm guessing a solid outing today but would not be surprised if RIzzo gets into one. His bat is really heating up so lets just hope the bases are empty.

Soriano can't do much but crush FB is one of them. Cingrani left the pitch down broadway on a 3-1 count. The command isn't there so far.

2 ks though...lets see if he can settle down...hrs are going to happen...

one bad pitch, had Rizzo 0-2 and hit him. Like what I'm seeing again so far despite the bomb.

Looks like a short outing when you can't get CORKY MILLER out on less than 6 pitches. Come on Shark.

44 pitches through 2 innings. At this rate he might not even see the 5th. Should have went with my gut and my numbers and sat him against the Reds. Shark has a tendency to struggle against teams with high OBP. Gah. Please settle down!

Both pitchers have gave up bombs in the 1st inning. Shark is laboring with 44 pitches thru 2 innings and Cingrani just beaned his second batter in as many innings. Not what I was expecting in the early going from both.

Cingrani struggling with command. It'll be interesting to see if he's capable yet of making in-game adjustments.

was very confused at first when I saw the box score for Cingrini and noticed 2 ER, but 0 walks and only 1 hit. oh well, hopefully it turns out alright.

It's been mentioned before, but if Cingrani's fastball command is even a little off he could find himself in a heap of trouble. When you don't have reliable secondary pitches, you're playing with fire each time you go out there. It's a hard lesson I'm sure he'll learn sooner rather than later.

I'll take him off your hands. His peripherals are still best in class.

So what do you think is his problem? He's been consistently mediocre and borderline bad after the first couple of games.

His composure is far beyond his age and experience. He's battling through command issues far better than most young pitchers would be. It bodes well for his future, near and far.

Both pitchers with 40-plus thrown pitches thru 2 innings.

Damn, ya'll are a bunch of whiners. Ya'll acting like he's Phil Humber

You don't get frustrated when your players don't do well?