Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strahanfan92

Freddy Garcia 2013 Outlook

12 posts in this topic

No hitter into the 7th yesterday against the Angels. 2 ERs after a Trumbo homer but still a quality start. Only 2 strikeouts.

2.67 era with a 4-0 record, 21 Ks in 5 starts in the minors this year.

Might not even stick with the rotation but still worth it to keep an eye out for his next start. What do you guys think? Same bum of 2012 or sleeper chance of getting back to his old form?

I picked up Freddy for Saunders as the 9th starter in my AL-only league (punted saves) this week. Like him at Target Field on Friday and Saturday this week. Don't know about regaining his old form, but he could be useful along the lines of someone like Bartolo Colon. In general, I don't mind taking gambles on vets who have done it before - although you'd have to go back quite a few years to get to his "glory" years. I'd be very happy for his 2011 form.

Am i crazy for thinking of starting him against houston this week in my RP spot?

Anyone streaming this guy should reconsider. Rain delay could make this a very short start. Rain will be there around 7 in Baltimore. Long delay anticipated.

Anyone streaming this guy should reconsider. Rain delay could make this a very short start. Rain will be there around 7 in Baltimore. Long delay anticipated.

There shouldn't be anyone streaming this guy. It's Freddy Garcia. He should never leave the waiver wire in any league.