Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Bluth

Bronson Arroyo 2013 Outlook

41 posts in this topic

I grabbed him to stream for his 2 start week.

Now I know why this jackass didnt have a player thread until now

Arroyo is the definition of a junkballer. He can throw multiple pitches, but his stuff is very underwhelming and he is unpredictable. He has starts where the hitters can't solve him and he looks great, and others where he doesn't fool anyone. He shouldn't be near fantasy rosters.

He's the ultimate streaming 2-starter. You can almost always guarantee he will be on the wire for the plucking, and more often than not he shows up for one of those 2 starts. Just have to make sure he doesn't get his head smashed in, in the other start. He's going to pitch for as long as he wants to...in some capacity.

Having a great game today, and he's kind of been sneaky-good all season.

3.41 ERA, 1.10 WHIP

Doesn't walk many, he's good for 4-5 Ks even.

On a good team, hangs in a picks up some wins.

Of course he'll have a few clunkers, but...

He's looking good today and should rack up 10+ wins on that team.

Offtopic: the Phillies need to fire their hitting coach. Zero plate discipline.

Arroyo is the definition of a junkballer. He can throw multiple pitches, but his stuff is very underwhelming and he is unpredictable. He has starts where the hitters can't solve him and he looks great, and others where he doesn't fool anyone. He shouldn't be near fantasy rosters.

Huh???

Pretty sure he's owned in the majority of leagues. Innings-eater on a great team; nothing special but certainly deserves ownership. Shallower leagues I can understand he's simply a streamer

Huh???

Pretty sure he's owned in the majority of leagues.

The majority ? Bronson Arroyo ?

lol

21% on Yahoo

Huh???

Pretty sure he's owned in the majority of leagues.

The majority ? Bronson Arroyo ?

lol

21% on Yahoo

word. I should've checked myself. Anyway he was drafted in mine and I never questioned his ownership.

Huh???

Pretty sure he's owned in the majority of leagues. Innings-eater on a great team; nothing special but certainly deserves ownership. Shallower leagues I can understand he's simply a streamer

I don't think 10.7% of ESPN leagues is a majority You can't possibly think Arroyo is very good. He's a junkballer that has starts like today where he looks great, and starts where he gets hit hard. He may luck his way into wins on that team, but he doesn't give K's and his ERA/W's will not make up for it.

One thing about Arroyo is Dusty has traditionally left him in too long. This is just anecdotal coming from a Reds fan. Most of his problems seem to come the third time through the lineup and when it happens it happens fast and by the time a reliever is ready he's pitching to his 7th batter of the inning. Last game, though, they had Lecure ready at the first sign of trouble and pulled him quickly even though they were up by 4 I think. So hypothetically maybe they're learning he's not a guy who's likely to go the distance very often and they can mitigate some of the later inning damage they've let him do in the past. Just a thought.

One thing about Arroyo is Dusty has traditionally left him in too long. This is just anecdotal coming from a Reds fan. Most of his problems seem to come the third time through the lineup and when it happens it happens fast and by the time a reliever is ready he's pitching to his 7th batter of the inning. Last game, though, they had Lecure ready at the first sign of trouble and pulled him quickly even though they were up by 4 I think. So hypothetically maybe they're learning he's not a guy who's likely to go the distance very often and they can mitigate some of the later inning damage they've let him do in the past. Just a thought.

not bad thinking

Arroyo is a better real life pitcher than fantasy, but he should be owned in more leagues than he is. Solid era and whip 3 out of last 4 years. Averaged 13 wins last 4 years. Good number of quality starts for qs lgs. He won't get you k's, but being a back end starter for your team that helps 4 out of 6 cats isn't bad. Granted, he's probably more valuable in H2H lgs because he does have the 1 game every yr, where he'll give up 8 or 9 runs.

I've been sucked in again. Best 2 start pitcher left on the ww. Ugh. Ill be in the vent and rant all week.

Went 6 and 2/3 scoreless last time against the Crew and gets heavy hitters like Yuni B, Scooter, Maldonado, Schafer, and Lohse tonight.

I've said earlier in the thread that I can't believe how low his ownership level is. Such a steady vet. I suppose in shallow leagues there's no need for him but I think he's under-appreciated even in deeper leagues where people are always looking for young guys and passing up established vets. He's a solid innings-eater for the back of any rotation.

That said, I randomly don't like him tonight. Milwaukee have been putting up big offensive numbers even with those guys in the lineup and are pretty elite against righties. If I owned him I'd trot him out as usual but this isn't a great matchup for him.

Yuni B

vs. R - .208/.232/.389

Schafer -

vs. R - .216/.266/.297

Maldonado

vs. R - .206/.299/.353

Gennett

Too SSS, but even if it wasn't, it would still be crap

I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope Aoki,Segura, Gomez, ARam doesn't do too much damage. Even Aram is a .217 hitter lifetime against Arroyo though.

Eyeballing him for his two-start next week. @oak and @tex. but his home/road splits are probably enough for me to leave him on the ww. He's been pretty good this year tho. I still think I will only use him at home

This thread needs more love. Sure the K/9 is ugly and he didn't get the win today, but all he's doing is pitching quality starts and dropping my ERA as a back end starter for my team.

I'm streaming this dude in my weekly points league. Anyone else starting him tonight?

I'm more interested in a win, I honestly have no idea who the dude he is pitching against is though. (Kickham)