Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doog71

Koji Uehara 2013 Outlook

87 posts in this topic

With Bailey and now Hanrahan hurt, it could be that the best arm in the Red Sox 'pen will take the closer job and run with it.

Top 5 closer ROS?

IF he keeps the job, that's a definite possibility. Long track record of great Ks, low ratios, pitching well in hitters parks (Texas) and the fact Boston is looking for a closer to lock down this job.

One word: health.

If health was so important to Boston, why would they make Bailey, one of the most injury prone pitchers, as the closer? Why would they let him pitch 5 days out of 6, 3 in a row? Why would Boston use Bailey so heavily but become protective over Uehara?

If health was so important to Boston, why would they make Bailey, one of the most injury prone pitchers, as the closer? Why would they let him pitch 5 days out of 6, 3 in a row? Why would Boston use Bailey so heavily but become protective over Uehara?

Because that was very poor managing of Bailey and maybe they've learned better by now?

Because that was very poor managing of Bailey and maybe they've learned better by now?

Maybe, who knows what Boston will do. But I was arguing against "One word: health." It is not that simple. In 4 months, Bailey, Uehara, Tazawa or even Breslow might be closing. They are all good pitchers and I am not discounting anyone.

Because he wasn't injured at the time? Take a look at Koji's IP the last few years and consider his age. He may very well run with the job but I wouldn't bet on him staying healthy all year.

Because he wasn't injured at the time? Take a look at Koji's IP the last few years and consider his age. He may very well run with the job but I wouldn't bet on him staying healthy all year.

Last 3 years

Bailey IP: 49, 41, 15

Uehara IP: 44, 65, 36

This is my last word on this subject since this argument is so one sided.

Last 3 years

Bailey IP: 49, 41, 15

Uehara IP: 44, 65, 36

This is my last word on this subject since this argument is so one sided.

Bailey has nothing to do with Koji's durability unless you think they were conjoined twins separated at birth.

@closernews: RT @nickcafardo: Guess here is Junichi Tazawa gets closer job over Koji Uehara with Andrew Bailey and Joel Hanrahan out.

Obvious short term play for now. Bailey or hanrahan will get every chance when they get back.

As a Uehera owner, I want to punch something! :angry:

Bailey has nothing to do with Koji's durability unless you think they were conjoined twins separated at birth.

FWIW, I thought Uehara and Tazawa were twins.

http://l.yimg.com/iu...0405/8392.1.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/iu...0405/8394.1.jpg

Haha they look nothing alike.

Let's add photos of Ryu and Darvish & see if all 4 look alike LOL!

Tazawa is the pitcher to own.

Red Sox manager John Farrell said on MLB Network Radio on Tuesday that he'd like to use Junichi Tazawa in the closer role and keep Koji Uehara in the eighth inning.

Joel Hanrahan left Monday's game with forearm soreness and is expected to be re-evaluated Tuesday, but he's likely looking at a stint on the disabled list. While many considered Uehara the favorite to fill in at closer, Farrell thinks Tazawa has the velocity and demeanor for the gig. Of course, it's fair to assume that he wants to stay away from leaning on Uehara too heavily. Either way, Tazawa has the goods and should be owned in all fantasy formats.

I agree with Farell cause uh well uh ... he is smarter than me. But also Uehara doesn't have the big, overpowering mean guy look to him that closers have come to symbolize. He looks more like a little Yoda on the mound than Darth Vadar. How's that for a logical and rational analysis? Forget the silly saber stuff; it is all about the aesthetics.

1 person likes this

I agree with Farell cause uh well uh ... he is smarter than me. But also Uehara doesn't have the big, overpowering mean guy look to him that closers have come to symbolize. He looks more like a little Yoda on the mound than Darth Vadar. How's that for a logical and rational analysis? Forget the silly saber stuff; it is all about the aesthetics.

But Tazawa is very intimidating looking.

BZ_rookies.jpg

4 people like this

But Tazawa is very intimidating looking.

BZ_rookies.jpg

Wut is this from