Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnonymousRob

Tyler Cloyd 2013 Outlook

22 posts in this topic

Starting this Friday in place of the formerly great Roy Halladay.

Worth a flier? What do folks think his upside is?

I like him for NL only's. Good minor league BB/9 and HR/9 rates to go with a good ERA and really nice WHIP, acceptable K/9. Doesn't appear to have gotten off to a particularly good start in AAA this season, so some nervousness about whether he's ready for the bump right now, but he was awfully solid there last season.

Even in his 6 MLB starts in 2012, yeah, the ERA wasn't encouraging (4.91), but that looked to be down to a higher HR rate (2.2 HR/9, versus his 0.8 MiLB average). Still an awfully nice WHIP (1.282) and BB/9 (1.9) in those MLB starts.

2013 track record wouldn't have me trusting him much in standard mixed leagues for this start, but worth keeping an eye on him. But NL only or deeper leagues, worth a shot.

He was pretty good last year I think, but not a mixed league commodity. Ill he bidding on him in my weekly nl only though

So, is there a possibility that since the Phils need a 5th starter on Tuesday against MIA, that Cloyd gets the call again (it will be his normal day of rest too) or do they look somewhere else like Adam Morgan?

starting at Mia, who's jumping in with me?

I'm streaming him. It's early enough in the week where if he gets blown up it won't be that bad.

He got lit up to the tune of 7ER over 3.1 IP on the 16th. Good luck.

How's the stream going, WahooManiac? I'm too ascared to look.

He's pitching really well. Only 1 ER over 6 IP so far. 5 hits, 2 walks. I forgot that the marlins were worse than the 2nd best offense in the international league.

How pathetic are the Marlins? I thought about streaming Cloyd but saw his last start in triple A he was getting torched for 8 runs. Marlins lineup is probably worse then most triple A lineups honestly.

Was this guy a top prospect?

No, but he has pitched pretty well in the minors, for the most part.

How pathetic are the Marlins? I thought about streaming Cloyd but saw his last start in triple A he was getting torched for 8 runs. Marlins lineup is probably worse then most triple A lineups honestly.

I saw that start too but then saw he limited the Diamondbacks, which are better than any AAA team, to 2 runs in 6 innings on May 10th and I thought to myself that he could at least do that against the Marlins.

Whew, glad it went well. I think Cloyd was pretty decent in his MLB starts last season, too (if I recall correctly).

Next 3 starts: @Bos, Mil, @Mil

are they planning on keeping him up?

Well, a pretty horrible start tonight...

2 1/3 IP, 9 H, 1 BB, 6 ER, 2 K

His next start lines up on Saturday against MIL in Philly. Wonder how much confidence they will have in him?

His first start was so-so, his second start was pretty good, and then his third start was abysmal.

Thoughts?