Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigbluecrew56

Derek Dietrich 2013 Outlook

65 posts in this topic

Marlins have just called up there top 3B prospect from double A due to injuries to Solano and Valaika. Dietrich was aquired in the Yunel Escobar deal and has been doing well in AA. 282 with a .408 on-base percentage, .505 slugging percentage and .913 OPS in 28 games for Jacksonville. He had two triples, four home runs, seven doubles, 16 RBI and 18 runs. He also had 16 walks, 23 strikeouts and two stolen bases. Much like Ozuna I am a big fan of his potential.

http://www.scoutingbook.com/players/p3395

Marlins have just called up there top 3B prospect from double A due to injuries to Solano and Valaika. Dietrich was aquired in the Yunel Escobar deal and has been doing well in AA. 282 with a .408 on-base percentage, .505 slugging percentage and .913 OPS in 28 games for Jacksonville. He had two triples, four home runs, seven doubles, 16 RBI and 18 runs. He also had 16 walks, 23 strikeouts and two stolen bases. Much like Ozuna I am a big fan of his potential.

He hit 22 HRs a couple years ago and will be playing 2B for the Marlins so he should have multiple eligibility in most leagues. Doesn't sound like he has the upside of Ozuna though. It will be real interesting to look back at the Marlins opening day lineup and the one they finish the year with

Oh man, when I read this thread title the first thing I thought about was:

Night Stand with Dick Dietrick

Who remembers this awesome show?

1 person likes this

Posted · Hidden by Timmah!, June 10, 2013 - Bench Coach Content · Report post

http://www.scoutingb...m/players/p3395

Sorry if this is off topic and considered hijacking, but would you drop any of my catchers for him? Buck, Perez, or M. Montero? Team is in sig.

Marlins call up so many prospects it's hard to get excited anymore about any of them.

So far they have called up Ozuna and Fernandez. I am sure people will tell you that they are pretty excited about those two. Marlins have a good track record so any one they call up is something to atleast be intruiged about. Next will be Yelich will you not be excited about that since they quote on quote call up so many prospects?

Let me guess...he's not available in yahoo?

You are correct sir.

Marlins call up so many prospects it's hard to get excited anymore about any of them.

So far they have called up Ozuna and Fernandez. I am sure people will tell you that they are pretty excited about those two. Marlins have a good track record so any one they call up is something to atleast be intruiged about. Next will be Yelich will you not be excited about that since they quote on quote call up so many prospects?

I think calling up many prospects makes it more exciting.

He's not available in ESPN leagues yet...

Edit: Actually, he is. As a SS. :o

Wow a SS!!!! Holy cow I hope Yahoo has it the same way.

wow thats great, as a team with Hanley and Jeter on the DL, I just scooped him up over Brian Dozier to fill in at SS, what the hell, it worked for Ozuna

I am hoping he finds a way to the leadoff spot once Stanton gets off the DL. His nice OBP in AA profiles that he may be headed towards the top of the lineup in the near future if he comes out hitting.

1-1.

Worth noting that in the minor leagues, his platoon splits were rather drastic.

He does not hit lefties well, but he's raked right-handed pitching.

Oh man, when I read this thread title the first thing I thought about was:

Night Stand with Dick Dietrick

Who remembers this awesome show?

Oh man. I miss Night Stand. Far superior to Son of the Beach.

This is my last year on Yahoo!, the Ozuna fiasco was bad enough.

LoLLL!

Hell, they don't have much choice.

oh man, please be the cure to my Rickie Weeks condition