Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

winkler29

Danny Salazar - CLE SP

I agree only spot he would take would be kazmir and that is just until Mccalister comes back.

Wait - what??

Unless he blows the Blue Jays away its just going to be a spot start. Even if he is great he would only stick til McAllister is back. Just nowhere for him to fit in. Kaz leaving the rotation is a pipe dream and even Kluber has been way too solid to dump him as well.

Wait, why is Kaz leaving the rotation a "pipe dream"? Did I miss something? I thought it was a pipe dream that he hold onto a spot in the rotation all season.

Ubaldo has been extremely inconsistent. Could be Ubaldo or Kazmir. Though if I had to choose the one who would be the odd man out if they decided to go with Salazar, it would be Kazmir because he's been worse than Ubaldo and they're paying Ubaldo a ton. Gotta justify that contract.

Only reason I don't mention Carrasco is because he's only filling in until McAllister returns.

I agree only spot he would take would be kazmir and that is just until Mccalister comes back.

Wait - what??

I was trying to type from my phone... Didn't work out to well. I was trying to say that I agree he is only up for a spot start unless for some reason he took Kazmir's spot in the rotation, but he would only be doing that until McCalister came back.

So are you guys picking this guy up, or waiting to see how he does tomorrow? I don't want to pick someone up just for one start, as I'm sure that's the case with most.

I picked him up yesterday. But I had a open spot in my minors. I live in Ohio, I've been aware of this guy for awhile now.

They report on this guy all the time. The down on the farm report said, he's further along that Bauer. Big time fastball, 95/96,

and his breaking stuff is major league ready.

I might be picking him up depending on if I can find an extra roster spot, even if it is just for a one start type of thing. I just have a feeling he does well with Toronto not really having a book on him.

I just picked him up. I may start him tomorrow. I'll sleep on it and decide in morning. Lots to like here with this guy IMO.

I'll definitely try adding him in my keeper league. We can reserve players if they get sent back down to the minors, so he's definitely worth a look. Just hoping nobody in my league has been reading these threads or following any rotoworld news.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/7/10/4509408/prospect-of-the-day-danny-salazar-rhp-cleveland-indians?ref=fangraphs

Something to consider if you're thinking about starting him tomorrow:

The Indians remain cautious with his pitch counts and he's averaged less than five innings per start in Triple-A, despite his otherwise dominating numbers.

on Sunday in AAA he went 5 scoreless innings while striking out 11 on 75 pitches(51 for strikes)

he's now got 121 K's over 88 innings with a 2.86 ERA between AA and AAA

He'll be used in some form by the tribe before this season is over as they make their playoff push, be it in the bullpen or rotation. He's to great a weapon to not deploy.

Kid is going to be special. They are strict on his pitch counts in the minors right now because they want to keep his workload down in case he gets the call (only if there is an injury/doubleheader). I assume he will come out of the pen during september, especially if they are still in the race.

Yup, there is almost zero chance Salazar cracks the starting rotation this season unless there's an injury. The pitch and innings limits point to him being nothing more than a long relief man as a september call-up....next year though he should start the year in the rotation...although with another innings limit most likely.

Yep I'm expecting him to be the 5th starter next year with around a 170IP cap.

5 perfect innings, 8 Ks

Soooooo... are the Indians actually trying to contend? You'd think they would at least use him in the bullpen.

Only silver lining to all of this is next year he'll come at a huge discount in fantasy because of lack of MLB exposure.

I respect your opinion, but I think your wrong. The Indians are not a joke. In years pass, that was the case, but this is the best team Cleveland has had in a long time. Francona and the GM are building this team the right way, they are a year away from being a contending team. They need a #4 hitter, and a front of the rotation starter,

I respect your opinion, but I think your wrong. The Indians are not a joke. In years pass, that was the case, but this is the best team Cleveland has had in a long time. Francona and the GM are building this team the right way, they are a year away from being a contending team. They need a #4 hitter, and a front of the rotation starter,

I agree they need a legit cleanup hitter, but Salazar is that front of the rotation starter you're looking for.

He could be, I hope that he is, but the questions is, is he ready now ? I'm not sure he is, but he's close.