Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

winkler29

Danny Salazar - CLE SP

He could be, I hope that he is, but the questions is, is he ready now ? I'm not sure he is, but he's close.

Dominant MLB debut against the Blue Jays. Dominant in AA and AAA, 12.5 K/9, 5.38 K/BB. Electric stuff. Looks pretty ready to me. Only one way to find out.

Here's a good read.

http://www.dispatch....at-salazar.html

Even the players are in awe of him. What else does he have to prove?

How many SP's have had a successful debut? 100's, how many had lasting power, 1/2 ? I'd say less than 1/2. If the Indians say he isn't ready, then he isn't ready. He close though.

How many SP's have had a successful debut? 100's, how many had lasting power, 1/2 ? I'd say less than 1/2. If the Indians say he isn't ready, then he isn't ready. He close though.

If the Indians say he isn't ready, they're either lying to you or deceiving themselves.

Do you really believe he's not ready? What exactly does he need to prove in AAA, to show he's ready for the Majors ?

Maybe we will see him soon, I'm no expert, so I'll just have to wait like everyone else. I do know this, The Indians will not be pressured into calling him up before he is ready. There has been some talk about calling him up, and using him in the bullpen. I hope they don't do that.

Maybe he isn't ready between the ears, ever thought about that ? Mental make-up is a big part of the game as well, just a thought.

I own him in all 3 of my leagues, I could really use him, but I'm sure the Indians don't care about that

Personally I see Salazar as a high leverage reliever or closer long term. Guy only has 2 pitches.

Personally I see Salazar as a high leverage reliever or closer long term. Guy only has 2 pitches.

Fastball, changeup, slider. I count three pitches. Usually only failed starters become relievers. Salazar hasn't failed at any level yet. A bit premature to write him off.

Just another case of a guy never considered a top prospect and now he's making waves and people are skeptical because he was never considered a top prospect. Rinse and repeat.

For fantasy purposes, I'm glad this is the case. He'll be one of the biggest draft day bargains next year. I'll target him in every league.

Fastball, changeup, slider. I count three pitches. Usually only failed starters become relievers. Salazar hasn't failed at any level yet. A bit premature to write him off.

Just another case of a guy never considered a top prospect and now he's making waves and people are skeptical because he was never considered a top prospect. Rinse and repeat.

For fantasy purposes, I'm glad this is the case. He'll be one of the biggest draft day bargains next year. I'll target him in every league.

He leans heavily on the FB, CH... that's not my only reasoning for my longterm outlook on him. Obviously nobody has a crystal ball here.. you have your views on him as I have mine. His slider is inconsistently thrown for strikes which is why he heavily relies on the FB/CH which is filthy but if those are your only two consistent trustworthy options I don't see long term rotation success. Hes frame is on the smaller side and hes already had TJ once. If he doesnt show improvement with the consistency of his slider/slurve command and durability issues continue to pop up then I fully stand behind my outlook on him.

The Indians are doing just fine, coming off a 8 game winning streak and happened to run into the freight train known as Jose Fernandez. Ubaldo didn't get 'rocked' his defense let him down, namely asdrubal which skyrocketed his pitch count. Anyway this is what Francona said about him a week or so ago. "He looks and fits the profile. I agree with all that," Cleveland manager Terry Francona told MLB.com on July 22. "It seems like it'd be easy to bring him in the seventh and let him throw. He controls the running game and all those things. But there are other things to think about." Looks like bullpen duty in September to me with starts for DH's or injury fill in.

The only issues between him and being a top starter is durability. It seems like his rebound from TJ is going about as well as anyone could have imagined. They are rightfully limiting him and there's no reason to push him this year and ruin his future because they are 'in it'. Lets be realistic here they have no chance of sniffing a World Series this year.

The only issues between him and being a top starter is durability. It seems like his rebound from TJ is going about as well as anyone could have imagined. They are rightfully limiting him and there's no reason to push him this year and ruin his future because they are 'in it'. Lets be realistic here they have no chance of sniffing a World Series this year.

Anything can happen if you get into the postseason. It's a crapshoot. Usually the hottest team wins it all, not necessarily the best team. The Cardinals won years ago and barely finished above .500 in the regular season. With Miggy out, now is a good time to try to gain ground on the Tigers.

His durability has been questioned, but tons of pitchers have TJ. The Indians are handling him with kid gloves, but eventually you've got to see what the kid is made of. I don't see a difference between him and the thousands of other pitchers who have had the operation.

How can you say that it's a bit premature to write off Salazar (which is obviously true) in this thread, and then go into the Kyle Crick thread and completely write him off as a bust, even though he's only in A ball?

How can you say that it's a bit premature to write off Salazar (which is obviously true) in this thread, and then go into the Kyle Crick thread and completely write him off as a bust, even though he's only in A ball?

All right, you got me there. Definitely hypocritical of me. I just don't like Crick at all whereas I'm all in on Salazar. Everyone sees things differently. I don't see what the big deal is with Crick. On the other hand, I think Salazar should be much more publicized than he is.

For the record, I don't think Crick is a bust. I just don't think he'll make it as a starter. Doesn't mean he can't be another Broxton (when he was good).

Ah it makes sense now, your brother plays in the LA organization and Crick is in the SF organization.

Ah it makes sense now, your brother plays in the LA organization and Crick is in the SF organization.

I don't follow your logic here. What does one have to do with the other?

Well the Dodgers and Giants fans despise each other so he's probably insinuating something along those lines.

Well the Dodgers and Giants fans despise each other so he's probably insinuating something along those lines.

Ah, true. That makes sense. I guess she was under the impression he's in the Dodgers organization. He is in a LA organization, but it's the Angels.

The Indians are reportedly considering calling up Salazar for Ubaldos upcoming start vs. Detroit, FYI

Yup Ubaldo pushed back to Friday Salazar starting Wednesday, let us gogogo

I wonder if this would just be a spot start type of thing. It's tough to grab him in that case vs det

If he pitches as well or even better than he did last time out then they are going to find more and more ways to get him more starts I would think. It looks like they are specifically calling him up to start vs the Tigers to give them the best chance at winning to gain ground.

If he pitches as well or even better than he did last time out then they are going to find more and more ways to get him more starts I would think. It looks like they are specifically calling him up to start vs the Tigers to give them the best chance at winning to gain ground.

How is that the best chance of winning?

Francona said Salazar will likely only be up for spot start vs DET.

@MLBastian

Lame, but "likely" gives them some wiggle room. I assume if he dominates again he'll be up for good. Miggy's situation is still up in the air. He may not be in the lineup. That would certainly help Salazar.