Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tommy Lee Jones

Yordano Ventura - SP KC

26 posts in this topic

Can we please rename this thread Yordano "Ace" Ventura moderators? I think that would be appropriate. This guy idolizes Pedro Martinez and scouts view him as the next one if you will. Throws 100 mph heat in his sleep and has a solid 12-6 curve along with a cutter and an offspeed pitch that are vastly improving. Could be up shortly if he continues to dominate. This my friends is the next diamond in the rough.

This guy has been excellent so far at all levels of the minors. He even looked good in spring training. His last outing at AA was his first over 5 innings so hopefully that is a sign that they may be stretching him out more. This guy is electric though. This is the first season that the Royals rotation hasnt been awful in awhile. I think he could be up by the all-star break if there was an injury. Cant wait to see his arm!

Currently torching Double-A. ERA and WHip are microscopic, K's are high as well. Anybody know anything about him? He's also young 22/23 yrs old.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 12, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

I believe there is already a thread on him, about 10 threads down from this one.

Yordano still annihilating the competition in Double A

10 starts

11.62 K/9

0.51 HR/9

4.00 K/BB

2.50 FIP

Amazing. This kid is going to be a stud and needs more attention.

Just promoted to AAA. If he continues at this pace he most likely will be up by the end of the year.

Meanwhile, Dayton Moore continues to trot Wade Davis out there every fifth day. Ventura should be in the majors at this point, but I don't trust this organization to handle him properly anyway. Here's hoping he comes up soon regardless, but I'm not holding my breath.

Meanwhile, Dayton Moore continues to trot Wade Davis out there every fifth day. Ventura should be in the majors at this point, but I don't trust this organization to handle him properly anyway. Here's hoping he comes up soon regardless, but I'm not holding my breath.

This is true. I will never forget how Moore never brought up Myers last year. The only reason Moore might not bring up Ventura soon is because Duffy should be back in like a month, and then Paulino will be back sometime after that.

Anything new on this guy? Looking at his stat line so far in AAA, it seems that things haven't really gone his way, but it is only 4 starts. Probably still adapting to AAA.

Bullpen work presumably but still worth a grab if you have an open slot in a dynasty league. Yahoo hasn't added him yet.

2 of their starters are free agents after this season (Shields and Santana) so should be in the mix for 2014 rotation.

2 of their starters are free agents after this season (Shields and Santana) so should be in the mix for 2014 rotation.

He'll definitely be in the mix next year, but don't forget they traded Myers for Shields. It would look pretty bad if they let Shields go now.

He'll definitely be in the mix next year, but don't forget they traded Myers for Shields. It would look pretty bad if they let Shields go now.

Yeah I was thinking that too, then I looked at their attendance, they are bottom 1/4 of the league, I doubt seriously they have a great local TV deal and you know how Free Agent pitchers are, this is not a great class, he will be 32 in the offseason this is his one shot to cash in, probably looking at 180+ K for the 4th straight year, Im thinking like 5 years 90ish? Maybe more if the market is right. Royals wont pay that.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, March 25, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Anything new? Seems like this guy is having a terrific spring!

Anything new? Seems like this guy is having a terrific spring!

They seem to want him to be the 5th starter. Davis to bullpen, but not sure what they would do with Dufy

Very odd that there's a milb topic and a mlb topic on this guy. Usually don't they merge the two?

I didn't see the mlb topic or I'd post that there. Thanks for input